Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

I’ll miss him a lot more then Lukaku. Who knows he may even come back and have a future at United.

Abraxas

Not fussed in the slightest. Don't think he's going to amount to much here. Might score a few goals there as it would pretty much fit in with how he plays to do so, when he can be arsed he's a decent footballer. But long term something major would have to change in his makeup.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not mocking, just showing how highly rated he was to even have that being mentioned in his contract.
Im sure its just a sweetener that's likely common in many players contracts now to be fair.

choccy77

Will be interesting to see how is aptitude and attitude is on the pitch for Saville

SAFMUTD

La Liga will suit him, hopefully he’ll be a starter there put on the numbers and with some luck we’ll be able to sell him in the summer.

USREDEVIL

Rashford and Shaw? Why…
I wasn't actually suggesting all of those to be sold but working off the other posters evaluation because i think many of their values have come down over the last year. I wouldn't sell Rashford. Shaw, not too fussed about but i think he's worth more to us than his value.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Is he definitely not going to sign? Seems ridiculous to let a player like that go for nothing. I couldn't believe we did it with Wijnaldum.
Now all the card is in his hands. I personally don't fancy the thought of handing out an enormous 5 yr contract to 29 y.o. player (who has fitness issue), which is what United (might) need to do for him to sign extension.

Matt851

Yeah. He hasn’t played for 6 months and was injured for the 5 months prior so suddenly that 18 months looks like hyperbolic nonsense. He also wasn’t “shite” - he was “shite” in front of goal and totally lost confidence but he was very good in numerous games by linking play together - you know - for the benefit of the team. I know we’re not an actual team these days so it’s probably hard to remember.
He did play a bit earlier in the season and was garbage hence why he hasn't played much since.

The fact is he was good for approx one season over the course of his time at united. And when he wasn't good he was awful, disinterested and lazy

It's bizarre some seem to have an attachment to him. Sure we will have the same scenario when pogba leaves but it will be good if we can get players with a better attitude to replace them

Jonesno.8

Is it 18 months left on his contract, good luck to him. Talented lad but hard to watch sometimes with the look of utter disinterest. Save a few in wages and if he does well, get a few quid for him. No issue with this deal.

frutti di mare

Great potential when he arrived, not just that debut goal but his overall form was very good until Rooney returned and he got shiffted out wide.

Really thought that by his mid 20s he’d be our main player

KeanoMagicHat

I’ve always liked Martial and he’s been overall one of the best forwards we’ve had since Ferguson. Good luck to him.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
What's the overall thoughts on his time at United? He had a pretty good year or two at one point I think? The 19/20 season shows that he picked up 23 goals in 48 games which is impressive. Seems like he hasn't really been the player many hoped he would be though.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
What's the overall thoughts on his time at United? He had a pretty good year or two at one point I think? The 19/20 season shows that he picked up 23 goals in 48 games which is impressive. Seems like he hasn't really been the player many hoped he would be though.
Disappointing, has all the talent, but no work ethic and absolutely no fight when things are rocky. Capable of the sublime but can't be relied on. No great loss.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Disappointing, has all the talent, but no work ethic and absolutely no fight when things are rocky. Capable of the sublime but can't be relied on. No great loss.
Is he going to have another chance under the next manager? By the start of next season Cavani will be 35 and Ronaldo will be 37. Maybe it depends what happens with Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford? That's a pretty strong front three if it clicks tbh.

Skills

Snitch
Was generally good for us. Had 2 poor seasons in 16/17 and last season. Last season he just lost his finishing touch for whatever reason, was generally quite deadly in front of goal prior to that.

Generally one of the players, who would drag us out of the mud. He was the only spark we had in LVG's 2nd season, and he kept Mourinho in a job for a couple of months kicking & screaming in 18/19.

ManUtd1999

I'm not confident, and keeping Martial around wouldn't change that at all. You're living in a weird dimension calling that lad our best striker.
Yeah, I don’t see this optimism that some people have about Martial or thinking that he’s better than others.

He has been with us since 2015, and hasn’t been consistent. He played under 3 different managers before the return of Ronaldo (LVG, Mourinho and OGS). Had good moments but also struggled. To think that he’s the solution to our problem is being overly optimistic (to put it mildly).

I normally like French players, but it’s time that he goes somewhere, even if for a loan.

The goal yesterday was a team effort, to which half of the players contributed. It’s great that Martial played his part, but so did Ronaldo and Telles (and of course Cavani).

Volksie316

I still can't understand, that we are letting him go.

Letting him leave, is not the issue, but not replacing him definitely is.

It's not just him though, but Lingard also.

We are seriously lacking depth, if we let both leave, without at least 1 coming in, which is looking very unlikely.

Yes, some youngsters will get more game time, but they are not on the same quality level.

Noc-Z

ffs
Doubt he'll make much success of it, although La Liga is dire so maybe he will. Hope he does so it improves our chances of moving him on permanently.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Is he going to have another chance under the next manager? By the start of next season Cavani will be 35 and Ronaldo will be 37. Maybe it depends what happens with Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford? That's a pretty strong front three if it clicks tbh.
He doesn’t seem to respond to competition whatsoever. When Zlatan came he went into his shell. Same with Ronaldo. He needs to be the main man but he’s so low energy that when he’s not at it he provides very little. He’s a great dribbler and has a nice neat finish on him.

Tee27

Just disappointing as a whole, had so much potential and capability to be a important player for us.

Even last season I remember the performance against Man City which was after he was terrible for majority of last season which shows how good he can be on his day but it’s few and far between.

A shame really as he was one of my favourite players when he came to us after that first season but this is probably now best for all parties.

KennyBurner

No matter how many times you are corrected about this you ignore and say it again.

edcunited1878

He's been injured and had poor form the past year and a half. Been a good servant to United, but never reached his potential, unfortunately. That's on him mostly, but also on United.

Good for him to get a new experience during a World Cup year. Be interesting to see him try to secure a permanent move away during the summer to allow himself earn a spot for France. Or United loan him out again with obligation to buy.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The way some people talk about him here one would think he was still young, up and coming, the guy is 26, should be at the top of his game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Shame how it's turned out. For me he was the brightest spark of the post SAF era. Incredible mix of technical excellence and athleticism at his best. But he never really kicked on and made full use of his immense talent. Started out like a future top 5/10 under LVG but after that he let himself down seemingly with his application, work rate and drive. He has take responsibility for his own career but as a football club hope it doesn't represent a trend for us and the likes of Greenwood don't fail to fulfill their potential too

AFC NimbleThumb

Genuine disappointment it’s come to this. I remember watching his debut & calling the goal when he got the ball in the channel. He was a true bright spark in his first season & along with Rashford was stifled by 2 horrendous managerial appointments.

Good luck Tony, you gave me a short lived bright spark in what’s been a rather dim period.

OleGunnar20

Good riddance, unfortunately. Like many I had massive hopes for him and was only ever left disappointed. Of course we can never know for sure, but I can't help but wonder what he'd have become had his attitude matched his talent.

Hopefully Sevilla works out for him and he nets us a decent fee in the summer.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Shame. Maybe a change of scenario and pace will help him rediscover his passion. Bye tony, i dont think most of us will miss you. Nothing personal.

Kopral Jono

This time maybe the English press was right. That said, I still hope he does well in Spain.

Giggsy13

I wasn't actually suggesting all of those to be sold but working off the other posters evaluation because i think many of their values have come down over the last year. I wouldn't sell Rashford. Shaw, not too fussed about but i think he's worth more to us than his value.
Fair enough. Not necessarily a go at you but selling Rashford and Shaw would be poor poor business. They aren’t the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.