Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Multiple managers not fancying him, lack of desire to compete for a place in the starting 11, years of inconsistency and a transfer request from himself with his agent speaking publicly about trying to get him out of the club.

That enough for you?
Just as many managers fancied him and he performed for them. Where do you see a lack of desire to compete for starting 11 place? When Mourinho benched him, sometimes favoring other players who were performing worse than him, yet him sticking around for while?

Who says the transfer request isn‘t a result of the manager clearly telling him he rates other players above him so that he hardly has a chance to prove himself?

You‘re creating narratives with little evidence. Martial could be what you describe him to be but the situation could also be entirely different, there‘s no way to tell.

Ideally he joins Sevilla, receives opportunities, performs well and gives our new manager a headache when thinking about our offensive options.
The worst case is him performing poorly, then he‘ll have a harsh reality check, be more realistic about his options and be easier to let go.

Either way, with the mess this club has been for the past eight years, I‘m hesitant with any judgement on any player/manager.

0le

He is lazy and has a horrible attitude and all the talent in the world. A lot of players at Man United think there better than they are and that's what's wrong with the club, laziness and horrible attitudes thinking they don't have to work for the team. He'll give everything for Sevilla for the first 10 games and get loads of goals, then he will go back to his old lazy self. Do people forget when he played CF for us. Jesus. I'd understand the above if it was one or two seasons but this is his 7th season, no excuses for him with the talent he has.
Horrible attitude :lol:

Red00012

He doesn't want to be part time player. Big difference. He wants to play regulary which in United he will not (at least he thinks that). I respect that.
"Lazy and not interested" player wants to go somewhere where he will play and he is slated for that. Meanwhile, we have bunch of players who are happy with doing nothing for years like Jones and Lingard and they are rated among fans more than him.
You will find nobody has time for Lingard either . And Jones should not be mentioned In the same category he’s gone through torture to get back from his injuries.

siw2007

Best of luck to Anthony at Sevilla for the rest of the season. I actually didn’t think we’d agree a loan with Sevilla so am surprised it’s gone through. I hope he plays well there and can comeback in the summer with loads of confidence or we can then sell him for a decent fee.

Baxter

Hope he does well and gets a good move elsewhere.

He was brilliant when football came back after lockdown.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Not sure why, but I find myself disappointed with this.

I suppose I am still wishing he would become the player for us he looked like he could be, but maybe it wasn't to be.

Plus, I can't help thinking that he might actually be the best player we have for that role in wide attack on the left, even if he hasn't shown it enough.

honirelandboy

Horrible attitude :lol:
I presume you forget him throwing his arms up every two minutes :lol: Seems to be the theme at United and general laziness :lol: Laziness and not trying is a bad attitude in my book anyway if you want to play for Manchester United.

daba

This. Genuinely wish him the best.
Likewise, despite him being a sulky child on the pitch at times, his forms days and moments of brilliance were special. There is a proper player there so I hope the warm weather of Spain suits him better and finds some form so we can move him on and everyone wins.

Stgun

Should have let Mourinho sold him and replace him with Ivan Perisic if we knew it's going to end up like this anyway , 250k per week since 2018 for what ? We could have earn 30-40m for his selling back then if Glazer didn't act like they know better about football than Mourinho ( Remember when glazer consider him as French Pele )

RAVred

The victimization of him that his fans do is beyond absurd..

He had maybe 2 good seasons here

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He doesn't want to be part time player. Big difference. He wants to play regulary which in United he will not (at least he thinks that). I respect that.
"Lazy and not interested" player wants to go somewhere where he will play and he is slated for that. Meanwhile, we have bunch of players who are happy with doing nothing for years like Jones and Lingard and they are rated among fans more than him.
That's not true, Lingard and Jones are not rated higher than Martial.

Last edited:

allen7

Wish him the very best and hope he smashes it in la liga.

I don’t see a future for him at united with any future manager, he won’t perform when there is a competition for his place. So its best to move to a place where he doesn’t have to fight to earn a place.

lex talionis

Sevilla could be the perfect club for Tony. They compete well but expectations are never that high. A professional life of relative obscurity.

Redlyn

So did he take a pay cut or not? Because he was getting massive credit yesterday for taking one but that €6m loan fee covers his wages for 6 months exactly, which is generally what a ‘loan fee’ is.
Its not just about wages. Take that we bought martial for eg 10m pounds and gave him a 5 year contract. It can be amortised for 2m a year. So a season long loan fee could be to pay 2m + wages. Its all negotiable and any fee can be waived but if the loan were to cost us nothing it would be something along those lines.

GueRed

Long awaited exit for me.

Hopefully he does well there and secures a permanent move..
And takes his fanboys with him.

AndySmith1990

Good. Hopefully we can sell in the summer and make some decent money to strengthen other areas.

Belph

I think it's a shame things went the way they did. Last few games he played he didn't seem interested to me. And buying forwards to put ahead of him seemed a bit like the managers didn't really want him there.

I hope he does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.