Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Good riddance.

Won't be missed surely.

He played, what, 2 good seasons out of 5 or 6?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Grand. Hasn't lived up to expectations and shouldn't ever be more than a squad player here, so if he wants football he should leave.

Newcastle haven't made a signing yet but even still he'd be such a Newcastle signing.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Shame he couldn’t capitalise on his first 12/18 months here.

He ain’t got that burning desire to succeed here. Will be with Lyon in the next few years.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I will miss him to be honest, a good player that has ultimately now just got a contract that is higher than he is worth.

Thanks for some good performances Martial and have a good career.

Hughes35

Hurrah. Fingers crossed Newcastle are stupid enough to take him for a decent fee.

Never been a huge fan (Apart from his first season).

Cloud7

Onward to Newcastle and additional funds to help sign a midfielder in January? We’ll be better off as a collective if so.

Blood Mage

Martial and Lingard can smell a tasty Newcastle payday coming their way. Neither will be missed but I'm not sure I like the idea of us saving them from relegation and sparking their rise.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Think you lot have him wrong, great player that hasn't had any real consistency as he was constantly having his number taken, shunted to accommodate Sanchez etc, I don't think he's always performed as has a demeanour that lends itself to a sulky lethargic player, I do think under the right circumstances and manager he can become a top player but I wouldn't begrudge him a move if we can get a decent price, we have enough talented youngsters.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Shame he never fufilled his potential here. Best of luck to him elsewhere.

acnumber9

Good. Always seems to get an unexplained injury before games. He’ll have a journeyman career.

Zoo

Hurrah. Fingers crossed Newcastle are stupid enough to take him for a decent fee.

He'd still be a coup for them, as would Lingard. They should be overpaying to give them the best chance of staying up this season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Might be good move for him, good luck. Shame he didn't build on very good season 2019-20.

tenpoless

Good bye Ashley Young. I will always remember that freekick goal against 8-2 Arsenal, you ran to the camera screaming "YAAAAAAAR" like a pirate. Birdshit legend

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Rangnick: You need to run Tony!

Martial: *jogs to agent*

El Jefe

Goodbye and take Pogba and Lingard with you.

I was a big fan of Martial but it's clear he didn't have the mentality to be a Manutd player. I really disliked Jose in his time with us but there were players he had no trust in from the very start and Martial was the first player on that list. He's been proven 100% correct with Martial.

Selling him might not be as easy because our genius Ed gave him a ridiculous contract of £200k+ a week.

Brophs

The One and Only
He'll score one okay-ish goal in a behind closed doors game and the same lunatics will be back with the usual "In your face, Marco Van Basten. That's how you score goals".

gajender

Martial and Lingard can smell a tasty Newcastle payday coming their way. Neither will be missed but I'm not sure I like the idea of us saving them from relegation and sparking their rise.
Newcastle would splash the cash and probably survive the relegation as well and their rise is also inevitable it's better we take advantage of their current situation and sell our Deadwood while we can before they wise up .

studs

He's a good football player, sadly his head and his heart just wasn't here at the club. It looked like it was always somewhere else. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

KingCavani

Never hated a United player more. Just a total disgrace.

Wouldn't even run during a game so can't imagine what he's like during training. That contract was such a catastrophe and we'll struggle to get anything for him as a result. It pretty much sent a message to any player that the standards had dropped at United. A few months of good form here and there as well as minimal effort was enough to get 250k a week. Ferguson wouldn't have had this guy for a minute unless he bucked up.

Huge missed opportunity not selling him and Pogba in 2018 when Jose wanted rid. I remember when United fans laughed at the idea of Perisic being better - He's only won just about all there is to win since and been a huge part of it.

Ibi Dreams

Wouldn't really be a stupid move tbh, money doesn't matter to them and he could be a big player there if he wants to be. Could also be just as frustrating as he is here, but I'd say he's worth them taking a chance on

DavelinaJolie

No problem with this. Just not up to the standard, and the team is fairly well stacked up top. Move him and Lingard on.

Classical Mechanic

Grand. Hasn't lived up to expectations and shouldn't ever be more than a squad player here, so if he wants football he should leave.

Newcastle haven't made a signing yet but even still he'd be such a Newcastle signing.
To be fair it would be a coup for them given where they are at the moment. Martial and Lingard will strenghen their hand.

Swedish_Plumber

Probably the clearest case out there that you not only need to scout out talent but the character of a player too. He’d be a word beater with the correct mentality and work rate.

Nothing to celebrate, real big shame he couldn’t live up to early hype.
Could understand him wanting to leave under Ole, but wanting to leave under new management shows exactly why he has failed here, he just doesn’t have that burning desire to succeed and be the best version of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.