Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
I believe there is a player in there just didn't work out for us. I wish him all the best. I'm curious if Ralf will ever play Lingard and Pogba if they don't sign their contract.
Probably not but it's not like we've missed them and when they've played they've been average.

crossy1686

career ending
I guess Utd are hoping for a lingaard at West Ham situation whereby Martial performs at Sevilla and his transfer value goes up.

Do we know if he wants to play on the left or upfront as a number 9?
So then we can price Sevilla out and let him run his contract down? If we get a solid bid over £15m just sell him with a bunch of add on's like golden boot, 100 appearances, 10 international caps etc.

SAFMUTD

Sounds like he won't play again under Rangnick.
Martial singled himself out since Rangnick arrived, really strange since you'd imagine players are excited to prove themselves under a new manager. But not Martial, he said he was injured, which by Rangnick between lines statement we can deduct was bullshit, and since then he's been sidelined and known by everyone that he wants out.

So yeah, you're right I don't think he'll play again not only for Rangnick but for ManUtd. I don't think it's only a coach/player problem.

OL29

But not Martial, he said he was injured, which by Rangnick between lines statement we can deduct was bullshit
So in other words you’ve just made up a conclusion that he’s feigning injury to force a move despite no evidence. It’s crazy how these accusations get consistently thrown at Martial and Pogba.

crossy1686

career ending
Martial singled himself out since Rangnick arrived, really strange since you'd imagine players are excited to prove themselves under a new manager. But not Martial, he said he was injured, which by Rangnick between lines statement we can deduct was bullshit, and since then he's been sidelined and known by everyone that he wants out.

So yeah, you're right I don't think he'll play again not only for Rangnick but for ManUtd. I don't think it's only a coach/player problem.
I don't think it's a new thing, I think Rangnick was just the first coach to throw it out there instead of pander to him. The leave rumours started last season and we got confirmation this season. You have to wonder how it's affecting the rest of the squad with seemingly 'a few' players wanting to leave. Martial seem's to be desperate to get out though for some reason, to the point he doesn't care about the current coach or who the next coach in July will be.

SAFMUTD

So in other words you’ve just made up a conclusion that he’s feigning injury to force a move despite no evidence. It’s crazy how these accusations get consistently thrown at Martial and Pogba.
He's not faking an injury, he's healthy and Rangnick already said he's not part of the team because he wants to leave.

I said that when he was called to play Martial claimed he was injured, the funny thing is that most times the medical department are the ones making the statements not the players themselves. When they do it it's must likely bullshit.

SAFMUTD

I don't think it's a new thing, I think Rangnick was just the first coach to throw it out there instead of pander to him. The leave rumours started last season and we got confirmation this season. You have to wonder how it's affecting the rest of the squad with seemingly 'a few' players wanting to leave. Martial seem's to be desperate to get out though for some reason, to the point he doesn't care about the current coach or who the next coach in July will be.
I think Martial's ego is really fragile, he's not a fighter. The same happened when Zlatan came and took his number 9 shirt, according to reports he made a whole deal out of it. Compare it to when Cavani left his number 7 to Cristiano, no problem at all.

Then when Lukaku came he was also sad, when Lukaku left he was happy but then Cavani came and he was sad once again. He's not the type of players that thrives under competition, he needs to be reassured of his place and have a arm around always.

We don't have time for players like that, I'm very happy that Rangnick has taken the "you don't want to fight for your place/stay on the team you can go feck yourself you won't be part of the squad" approach.

We need ambitious players and a key part of keeping an on form squad is competition. Players that go sad everytime they're dropped because their poor level are of no use.

OL29

He's not faking an injury, he's healthy and Rangnick already said he's not part of the team because he wants to leave.

I said that when he was called to play Martial claimed he was injured, the funny thing is that most times the medical department are the ones making the statements not the players themselves. When they do it it's must likely bullshit.
Again, you’ve based this on nothing but your own paranoia, even Ragnick said it’s symptoms from a previous injury:

https://www.manutd.com/en/amp/news/...update-as-ruled-out-with-knee-injury-dec-2021

How do you take his words here and deduce that Martial saying he was injured is bullshit?

SAFMUTD

Again, you’ve based this on nothing but your own paranoia, even Ragnick said it’s symptoms from a previous injury:

https://www.manutd.com/en/amp/news/...update-as-ruled-out-with-knee-injury-dec-2021

How do you take his words here and deduce that Martial saying he was injured is bullshit?
Yes I'm deducting it by Rangnicks words at the time, it may be just and idea of mine. But what difference does it makes? He's not playing, he's not even considered in the squad.

Don't you find funny that when he was called to play Martial made himself unavailable, due to faking an injury or having an injury whatever it was, and then he was never called again? Not even for the squad.

OL29

Yes I'm deducting it by Rangnicks words at the time, it may be just and idea of mine. But what difference does it makes? He's not playing, he's not even considered in the squad.

Don't you find funny that when he was called to play Martial made himself unavailable, due to faking an injury or having an injury whatever it was, and then he was never called again? Not even for the squad.
It obviously makes a difference as it’s unfair to just throw out wild accusations with absolutely no evidence, not even press speculation.

I don’t find it that strange that he’s not in the squad, the club is actively negotiating for his sale so it makes sense to avoid any risk of him getting injured, particularly with a number of players ahead of him in the pecking order.

SAFMUTD

It obviously makes a difference as it’s unfair to just throw out wild accusations with absolutely no evidence, not even press speculation.

I don’t find it that strange that he’s not in the squad, the club is actively negotiating for his sale so it makes sense to avoid any risk of him getting injured, particularly with a number of players ahead of him in the pecking order.
Can't be serious about the last part, I mean teams do save players when there's a deal being negotiated and don't want to risk an injury. But Martial's deal is not a sale it's a loan, and we are not talking about him not playing but not being in the squad which is a completely different thing.

It's clear the relationship between Rangnick and him is broken, even if he doesn't go on loan he won't play. His career here is over.

OL29

It's clear the relationship between Rangnick and him is broken, even if he doesn't go on loan he won't play. His career here is over.
I’m not really interested in baseless speculation but saying he faked injury was a massive reach based on nothing and is pretty weird. There’s enough reason to criticise him without making shit up.

SAFMUTD

I’m not really interested in baseless speculation but saying he faked injury was a massive reach based on nothing and is pretty weird. There’s enough reason to criticise him without making shit up.
It's not making shit up, I said I deduct it from watching Rangnicks statement and body language it's by no means a massive reach. But it seems we can't speculate here, we need straight 100% facts to discuss. Anyway it doesn't make a difference since like I said, fakes injury or not he won't play a game he's not even considered in the squad.

OL29

It's not making shit up, I said I deduct it from watching Rangnicks statement and body language it's by no means a massive reach. But it seems we can't speculate here, we need straight 100% facts to discuss. Anyway it doesn't make a difference since like I said, fakes injury or not he won't play a game he's not even considered in the squad.
Oh, you’re a body language expert… never mind.

Schmeichel=God

Like I said we can't speculate here, got it. Why even bother commenting about anything if we're not experts.
Was tempted to logon on and reply after the first reference to this...this reiteration left me with no resistance.

:D

Did you not know this place is a place where you either learn to debate according to Cambridge standards or see yourself out via the log out button?! No other standard of conversation, opinion or ideology is remotely tolerated.

Facts alone. Words must be nothing short of perfection. Get your wording wrong and expect a ten message back and forth over your misusage of two or three words. God forbid society actually operated on a daily basis the way our forum does.
I mean, it does I'm aware, but I'm awaiting the fun responses.

Meanwhile I'd better mention something about Martial so that this is adding to the thread.

Also..., Martial out. It's a fact that this is my opinion.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
wanted him at milan for some time, and now that there is a realistic chance, im not sure i would. on a loan, i dont see why not, but his lack of movement now worries me.

but is that just a product of unhappiness, or he is just lazy?

it think milan plays much better with a less static #9 up top (we play better overall without zlatan), and think a fit and motivated martial would be ideal up there. but i guess with zlatan AND giroud (and pellegri) it's probably a no-go... i do expect to move on from zlatan though after this year.
if he's unhappy being the main man with 250k I'm not sure you can make him happy

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
wanted him at milan for some time, and now that there is a realistic chance, im not sure i would. on a loan, i dont see why not, but his lack of movement now worries me.

but is that just a product of unhappiness, or he is just lazy?

it think milan plays much better with a less static #9 up top (we play better overall without zlatan), and think a fit and motivated martial would be ideal up there. but i guess with zlatan AND giroud (and pellegri) it's probably a no-go... i do expect to move on from zlatan though after this year.
Martial's best form have coincided with him having no competition for his spot in the starting lineup.

rooney2009

Miss him sometimes as He is the only forward that can actually hold up play
At the moment the ball just keeps coming back

Silas

Feel like he's the player best suited to playing alongside Ronaldo in this formation, funnily enough.
It would be very strange if he tried bringing on Martial
Hah no idea how that ended up in this thread.

DomM

we should offer him to Newcastle on loan, they are desperate for a striker, can afford his wages, he would play every week and it would be a good opportunity for him to show his worth to potential summer buyers.

davidmichael

we should offer him to Newcastle on loan, they are desperate for a striker, can afford his wages, he would play every week and it would be a good opportunity for him to show his worth to potential summer buyers.
Says everything about the player that even Newcastle with all their riches and absolutely desperate for a striker don’t want Martial either.

Drifter

American
So we are stuck with him. Sevilla are now looking at other options

Xaviboy

Newcastle looking for a centre forward before weekend game.

Shouldn't be a problem for them to pay his wages

Status
Not open for further replies.