Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpansheth

I was just accused of being Martial myself so yes I was present actually. You melt!
Great!! So please tell us why a 34 year old can outwork a great player like yourself.
Tell us why you should be given a chance instead of saying “hey I am also another body”

Paddymcc

This lad and some of the other youngsters are the epitome of United's shocking handling of young talent.

They have a good run of games for a season or two and they're handed a 200k+ per week contract.

All of a sudden that talent worth around 20m to 50m in the real world is unsellable due to the rediculous wages. So when they drop out of form, dont make the grade they stagnante and sit on the bench not playing because no one can afford them.

I would much rather see young good players like this earn a good decent wage but the rest is bolstered by bonuses such as appearances, goals, assists, clean sheets, etc etc Its one way to keep them hungry, motivated and working hard. Once these bare minimums are in place and the player hitting those milestones then move them onto proper contracts.

Jireh

Supports
Utd
From The Sun:
"But Man United are demanding they pay at least half of his reported £130,000-a-week wages."

The fact that everyone believes he is getting 250K and used as a stick to beat him with is either just dishonest or we deliberately want it to be a higher figure for the sake of narrative.

Last edited:

matsdf

Why are Newcastle signing Chris Wood, and not Martial? Maybe not permanent, but doesn't a loan deal make sense? They need short term merchants to battle relegation and Martial surely could use some playing time (under a decent-ish coach).

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
From The Sun:
"But Man United are demanding they pay at least half of his reported £130,000-a-week wages."

The fact that everyone believes he is getting 250K and used as a stick to beat him with is either just dishonest or we deliberately want it to be a higher figure for the sake of narrative.
I wanted to ask whether you are new to the caf but then I saw your newbie tag. Get used to it.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
From The Sun:

To be fair if you google it , his wage is reported as 250k almost everywhere…. Im not sure why you would believe 1 report in the sun of all papers over all the other sources.
Remember at the time of the new contract the Glazers spoke of him as our Pele….
In any case if I was Newcastle I wouldnt go near him - a relegation scrap where you need 100% commitment to the fight for the next 4 months and Anthony Martial do not seem a natural fit

spiriticon

Good lord just put his suitcase in a taxi already, along with Pogba's, Lingard's, and anybody else who is wanting out

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Good lord just put his suitcase in a taxi already, along with Pogba's, Lingard's, and anybody else who is wanting out
You'll find Martial has said he wants to leave. Lingard and Pogba want more cash.

The two are not the same.

spiriticon

You'll find Martial has said he wants to leave. Lingard and Pogba want more cash.

The two are not the same.
I thought Lingard wants to go to West Ham and Pogba wants to be anywhere but at Man United. "It's a good time for a change" and all that

VanDeBank

Ma’am
From The Sun:

Misinformed, nothing necessarily malicious. The 250k/w figure is literally everywhere. Guilty of it myself.

Anyway, I hope he does well wherever he goes so we can get a fee for him and he fecks off.

The Cavani situation is different, because he gives it his all on the pitch and we wouldn't have to pay him either to feck off.

If Martial wants to leave that badly he can take the pay cut. He's literally stealing a wage right now and holding us hostage.

dinostar77

Misinformed, nothing necessarily malicious. The 250k/w figure is literally everywhere. Guilty of it myself.

Anyway, I hope he does well wherever he goes so we can get a fee for him and he fecks off.

The Cavani situation is different, because he gives it his all on the pitch and we wouldn't have to pay him either to feck off.

If Martial wants to leave that badly he can take the pay cut. He's literally stealing a wage right now and holding us hostage.
Agreed. No one will match his utd wages. Thats because somehow Joel Glazer thought Martial was the next Pele.

Take a pay cut and leave for good. Go to a midtable club somewhere and if you perform then a bug fish will come back in for you and you can get a payrise then. Or do winston bogarde and rot in reserves until your contract is up.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Newcastle possibly had concerns over his desire to fight for the cause with all his soul.

He can't be arsed to show up for Manchester united when we were briefly in a title race last season so I doubt he's going to be putting it in for a relegation dog fight.

He's awful and has been for 80% of his time at United. Ill be glad to see the back of him and several others who are not good enough

Crick

From The Sun:

It's the difference between net and gross, without and with tax. £135000 per week with tax on top is around £243000 per week. Therefore he's on about £7m per year before tax. The other one coming up recently is Henderson he's on about £55000 per week net. 100k per week is the gross figure.

As Martial wants a transfer abroad rather than in England the without tax price is the most important to agents discussing it with journalists. With Sevilla, Spanish tax is higher than ours I think so they will have to pay him more than the £250kpw here and with Juve Italian tax is lower? 10%?? so maybe they will only have to pay him 150kpw.

Also more confusion is caused as in Europe they tend to measure wages in total per year before tax i.e. the £7m per year or around €8m or €4 for 6 month loan. They also pay in lump sums 1 or 2 times per year such as January and June.

The amount per week is outdated anyway. It comes from pay given in cash each week in the 1960's. It's ridiculous we still use it but journalists like it and it's the way its always been done so it must be the best way!!!

UK journalists always mix up net and gross, as well as euros and pounds. They always choose the highest figure with us with a negative spin and the lower figure and a positive spin with our rivals and yet all the wage bills are roughly the same around £300 to £350m per year. If Martial and Henderson played for Liverpool UK journalists would say they are on 135kpw and 55kpw as Liverpool are great with money but we are idiot's with money so they are on a ridiculous 250kpw and 100kpw, yet our wage bills are the basically the same. They just sell their players we don't. We hold on to ours for too long.

Rocknrolla69er

This lad and some of the other youngsters are the epitome of United's shocking handling of young talent.

They have a good run of games for a season or two and they're handed a 200k+ per week contract.

All of a sudden that talent worth around 20m to 50m in the real world is unsellable due to the rediculous wages. So when they drop out of form, dont make the grade they stagnante and sit on the bench not playing because no one can afford them.

I would much rather see young good players like this earn a good decent wage but the rest is bolstered by bonuses such as appearances, goals, assists, clean sheets, etc etc Its one way to keep them hungry, motivated and working hard. Once these bare minimums are in place and the player hitting those milestones then move them onto proper contracts.
Nail on the head, gross misconduct from whoever decides what contracts and how much is awarded.

I'd also suggest these huge contracts are having a huge detrimental effect on these young mens attitudes and personalitys.

Has to stop

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Why are Newcastle signing Chris Wood, and not Martial? Maybe not permanent, but doesn't a loan deal make sense? They need short term merchants to battle relegation and Martial surely could use some playing time (under a decent-ish coach).
Newcastle dont need a player like Martial - they need a player that will work his nuts off

Scholsey2004

Nail on the head, gross misconduct from whoever decides what contracts and how much is awarded.

I'd also suggest these huge contracts are having a huge detrimental effect on these young mens attitudes and personalitys.

Has to stop
The bolded part very much so. We actively financially encourage players to be ambivalent about their playing careers. Juan Mata's a perfect example. Has his time here really been the best possible use of his talent? He should have been moved on years ago for his own benefit as much as anything.

Jireh

Supports
Utd
We seem to use money to attract young talents which may not be concerning since it's Glazer's money, but what bothers me is that for all the promising young players that have come to us (under 25), they have all failed to blossom. From Di Maria, Depay, Martial, Pogba, now Sancho.

Binning players, even those from our academy (Lingard, Henderson now Rashford) does not fix the main problems we have at the core. Attracting a 21 y/o with a 350K contract in Sancho is very problematic because players like Pogba wanting 400K and more becomes very justified.

Last edited:

KennyBurner

He isnt, @KennyBurner could come home early to find martial hanging out the back of his Mrs and would apologise she wasnt a better lay. He can do no wrong for him.
You guys are just ridiculous. Ive criticized Martial a lot in the past but no way can I support him being exiled in the team when our other options are even more pathetic. Ive always maintained if we have better options I would let him go but we don't and it shows with our current campaign. Most of our best moments pre-fergie have come with Martial in the team. Our attackers are suffering because we dont have a selfless brilliant forward that can do it all at the cost of his own accomplishments. For example bruno racked up so many penalty goals because of Martial and Rashford. Has one bad year and the short memory caftards are all letting him go. For what? We just dont have better for this sort of reaction. I support him till we replace him with someone better and it doesnt look like we ever will at this point.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
You guys are just ridiculous. Ive criticized Martial a lot in the past but no way can I support him being exiled in the team when our other options are even more pathetic. Ive always maintained if we have better options I would let him go but we don't and it shows with our current campaign. Most of our best moments pre-fergie have come with Martial in the team. Our attackers are suffering because we dont have a selfless brilliant forward that can do it all at the cost of his own accomplishments. For example bruno racked up so many penalty goals because of Martial and Rashford. Has one bad year and the short memory caftards are all letting him go. For what? We just dont have better for this sort of reaction. I support him till we replace him with someone better and it doesnt look like we ever will at this point.
He wasn't just shit last year, his attitude stunk, he was lazy, disinterested amd like playing with 10 men every time he started. I'd rather play someone from the under 18 than him. All the talent in the world is worthless without the right attitude to go with it.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That not a single football club on planet earth has shown the slightest interest in buying him speaks volumes itself.

Another wasted talent.

Gandalf

Once again, you claim he is being exiled but that is purely your interpretation of the facts. Martial and his agent have requested a transfer and it is entirely probable that they have requested he not be included in the team whilst his future is resolved. He had an awful season last year and yet was given plenty of opportunities and never banished and following his return to fitness this year he was being reintegrated into the team under Ole before he took himself out of the squad by calling out sick repeatedly and then when presented with an opportunity under a new Manager he demanded a transfer before they had even met.

Jireh

Supports
Utd
Once again, you claim he is being exiled but that is purely your interpretation of the facts. Martial and his agent have requested a transfer and it is entirely probable that they have requested he not be included in the team whilst his future is resolved. He had an awful season last year and yet was given plenty of opportunities and never banished and following his return to fitness this year he was being reintegrated into the team under Ole before he took himself out of the squad by calling out sick repeatedly and then when presented with an opportunity under a new Manager he demanded a transfer before they had even met.
There is more that meets the eye:
Claim 1: Requested not to be included in the team - does Martial and his agent have this much power over the whole club?
Claim 2: Awful season last year - Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho have had a worse season at this moment in time than Martial last season both in regards to performances and stats, ..... but Martial.
Claim 3: Took himself out of the squad by calling out sick - It was Ole who claimed that he was injured when he was not. Also Cavani and recently Ronaldo have 'called out sick', and yet all have been included in the squad.
Claim 4: Under a new Manager he demanded a transfer - So did Cavani, Henderson, Lingard, Mata, Bailey. But all of them have been included in the squad except Martial.

Jireh

Supports
Utd
Nobody wants to pay his wage
Try selling Sancho anywhere on his current wage, and no one would buy him. Try selling DeGea anywhere at his current wage, and still no one would buy him. Time brokers loyalty, his wage just like Mata's and DeGea's is partly due to loyalty and time served at current club which would not be the same at a new club.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Rangnick is a horrible person for his treatment of Martial when you compare it to Cavani. Both want to leave yet only one was is being treated like an outcast. Horrible management from him so far.
If he treated everyone that wanted to leave as an outcast then you’d have a point. The fact he treats them differently suggests they are acting differently. Cavani is known for being very professional and committed. Martial is not. Maybe that factors into Rangnick’s approach?

crossy1686

career ending
That not a single football club on planet earth has shown the slightest interest in buying him speaks volumes itself.

Another wasted talent.
At a lower salary point there’s probably many clubs that would take the gamble on him but at whatever him and United are currently asking for, coupled with performances, you’d be hard pushed to find somewhere willing to take on that kind of risk.

Laurencio

At times I forget Martial is still at the club. Really hope Newcastle come in for him and that he moves for the sake of his own career.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If he treated everyone that wanted to leave as an outcast then you’d have a point. The fact he treats them differently suggests they are acting differently. Cavani is known for being very professional and committed. Martial is not. Maybe that factors into Rangnick’s approach?
But then Lingard is sat there posting Instagram posts of him celebrating with West Ham and love heart emojis on his stories, and he’s still getting minutes. Martial must have done something behind the scenes because he has just been straight up frozen out for well over two months now.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
But then Lingard is sat there posting Instagram posts of him celebrating with West Ham and love heart emojis on his stories, and he’s still getting minutes. Martial must have done something behind the scenes because he has just been straight up frozen out for well over two months now.
Yeah it does seem pretty severe. I guess one thing that counts in Lingard's favour is he runs a lot and Rangnick's desperate for an attacking player that does a bit of running, while Martial's like most of the rest on that front. It could make it easier to look past Lingard's off-the-pitch choices, even if they're in the same boat as Martial's.

It could just be that Martial seems like too much work for Ragnick, who's ultimately a short-term manager. We've all been there where there's one team member who doesn't want to be there, is completely miserable, drags the rest of them down with him and forces others to pick up the slack, and the manager has to think...if I invest so much more effort to get him in the game, is it going to pay off in the long run? Or should I focus my efforts on the others that are ready to go?

But yeah I'd guess he's done something pretty serious in the background to get this kind of treatment. I did find him infuriating last season but honestly I'd really like to see him on the pitch at this point over Rashford. If we're going to have someone miserable out there anyway, it'd be nice to see how this team would work under Rangnick with at least one attacker that can control a ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.