Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

I don’t think he’s going anywhere. There is a lot of toxicity around the club at mo, maybe Tony is part of that but his passport out of this situation, he is reliant on someone coming in and taking a massive gamble on him. I can’t see it and Utd appear to be approaching these issues in a different way than previously, last season he’d have been loaned and we’d have picked up half the salary. I think Utd will wait until the new manager comes in, before any decision is made given we will be a forward down, and god knows if CR will be staying around if we are not in CL…

Rocknrolla69er

It's because he can play and our club is littered with dudes who can't play. The theory of throwing a bunch of blokes on the pitch who run around alot is stupid. We ain't winning nothing with that line of thought. However, of we had a coach who can get the likes of him to run around, be fitter so on and Soo forth we might go somewhere.

Just read what your saying for gods sake.

Why does a coach need to supply the motivation of getting fit, and putting effort in, jesus wept, not having the self motivation to do that is called unprofessionalism.

Yet the likes of you, would rather blame the other players for Martials lack of professionalism.

Don't ever try your hand at coaching

SirScholes

People saying he changed the game need to have a word
He did well, he almost held into the ball too long . He still needs rid of in the summer

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If nothing else, he should stay for being the one player who doesn't take those ridiculous long-distance shots that are basically giving up on the possession and turning the ball over. I don't know how so many players at Manchester United think it's okay to take these ridiculous shots?

minoo-utd

Can’t we start a new page with him? New manager coming in too.
Why he is not focusing to fight for his place with passion and grab every chance to prove him self as I think he has very good opportunities to do so under Ralf and the new manager next summer!
Will never understand Martial.

salfordlad

If we let Martial go we will be looking back and shaking our heads in disbelief when he shines brightly elsewhere. I think we should try and get him back on track. We won't have No. 7 and Cavani for much longer.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
If we let Martial go we will be looking back and shaking our heads in disbelief when he shines brightly elsewhere. I think we should try and get him back on track. We won't have No. 7 and Cavani for much longer.
Martial has been here for over six years and still yet to achieve the high standards in consistency of a top level striker. Still living on potential. He has been good, but in comparison, we have seen in a short time with Cavani who is past his prime what a real deal striker looks like.

As far as potential goes, we already have exciting young players who aren’t on ridiculous wages, who are hungry to show what they got for the first team. Elanga is taking those chances and has shown promise.

KennyBurner

Terrible news! We need Martial and would be stupid to sell without a replacement. Club should hold him and then sell in the summer. Incredibly inept to rely on Ronaldo and Cavani.

Gandalf

Terrible news! We need Martial and would be stupid to sell without a replacement. Club should hold him and then sell in the summer. Incredibly inept to rely on Ronaldo and Cavani.
But we would not be relying on just Ronaldo and Cavanani. If you are talking striker then both Greenwood, Rashford and Amad have played there and if you are talking Left Wing then again you have Elanga, Amad, Rashford, Sancho etc. If he stays he won't play so it is in everyones best interests.

KennyBurner

But we would not be relying on just Ronaldo and Cavanani. If you are talking striker then both Greenwood, Rashford and Amad have played there and if you are talking Left Wing then again you have Elanga, Amad, Rashford, Sancho etc. If he stays he won't play so it is in everyones best interests.
Options are not quality enough. None of those players offer the skill set of Martial in the middle. Only greenwood is technical enough for the position but we play him on the right. If the manager chooses to play greenwood as striker then I’m fine letting Martial go but I doubt he will.

We can’t keep experimenting at this stage of the season.

the_cliff

I'm happy it's a loan so the new manager can decide if he's needed.

Have a feeling both ETH and Poch would want him.

Bobade

Options are not quality enough. None of those players offer the skill set of Martial in the middle. Only greenwood is technical enough for the position but we play him on the right. If the manager chooses to play greenwood as striker then I’m fine letting Martial go but I doubt he will.

Agree with what you're saying, but it is irrelevant if he isn't going to play, which he isn't.

Gandalf

Well the quality of the options is another conversation entirely but what you also have to factor in here is that Martial wants to leave. He has been pushing for a move since Ole left and is now apparently willing to take a pay cut to make it happen so I very much doubt he would be motivated to play well if we stop him leaving.

KennyBurner

Agree with what you're saying, but it is irrelevant if he isn't going to play, which he isn't.
He would if he tried to fight for his place. Martial is being a coward by not fighting a 36 year old Ronaldo for his place. He could have just fought and left in the summer. Now we are stuck with Ronaldo the biggest problem for our squad balance. We don’t deserve this shit honestly.

the chameleon

On the flip side, we will be kicking ourselves if we don't sell him and trying to get him motivated and back on track. He has had numerous chances and just hasn't shown the fight to be a United player. He's been here 6 years and has barely improved his game. He had a couple of good seasons. Nothing exceptional. But whenever we sign great players for him to compete and fight for a place with, he sulks and goes into a shell. You're probably right, he'll go to a smaller club and look a world-beater and give fans the illusion on what could have done at United. It seems that he just doesn't have the mentality to show that at Man Utd. My thought is that all parties will benefit from his departure.

the chameleon

He's failed each time he's been given a chance. He's had 6 years of chances. Time to move him on.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
meh Martial's injury record is worse than both Ronaldo and Cavani so if we ever were in the position where both of them were injured likelihood is Martial would be as well

Hope he smashes La Liga and we get a nice fat amount of money for him in the summer

MiracleInMadrid

If nothing else, he should stay for being the one player who doesn't take those ridiculous long-distance shots that are basically giving up on the possession and turning the ball over. I don't know how so many players at Manchester United think it's okay to take these ridiculous shots?
It must be an instruction from the coach. End the attacks if there's no obvious teammates to pass or cross to. By doing so, we ensure that the opposition won't win the ball while we potentially are out of shape defensively.

A key in Rangnicks way of playing, is to move the ball forward quickly after winning possession. It is based on the notion that more or less any team usually is most vulnerable to attacks in the immediate period after losing the ball (first 15 seconds or so).

It would make sense for a coach, who is looking to exploit this when we win the ball, to also minimize the risk of it happening against his own team. By taking shots when an attack is heading to a dead end, we make sure that the worst case outcome is a save by the keeper or a goalkick - thereby giving us time to get in position again.

Caesar2290

Martial has been here for over six years and still yet to achieve the high standards in consistency of a top level striker. Still living on potential. He has been good, but in comparison, we have seen in a short time with Cavani who is past his prime what a real deal striker looks like.

As far as potential goes, we already have exciting young players who aren’t on ridiculous wages, who are hungry to show what they got for the first team. Elanga is taking those chances and has shown promise.
Martial is the new Lingard. Martial FC seem to think that he is this 19 year old wonderkid that the managers have a conspiracy against. Not realizing that he is 26 years old and already supposedly entering his prime.

Keyser

Martial is the new Lingard. Martial FC seem to think that he is this 19 year old wonderkid that the managers have a conspiracy against. Not realizing that he is 26 years old and already supposedly entering his prime.
Yep, would rather see Amad or Shoretire get his minutes

UncleBob

What? :lol:

Duafc

Village Lemon
I’ve largely forgotten he plays for us for about a year but that photo cuts a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.