Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We'll really miss our best striker. How will we ever replace his *check notes* 4 goals and 3 PL assists from last season.

If only we had anyone capable of those numbers.
We absolutely do miss the unselfish link up play, ability to not lose the ball facing his own goal and the 17 goals and 6 assists he offered in 31 appearances back in 19/20. That Martial would walk into this side and make us a better team. Well it wouldn’t because we don’t operate a meritocracy but in theory it should. Hopefully he can go find that Martial.

rooney2009

I don’t understand the hate
He needs to play and get his mojo back and he needs to get in the World Cup squad
Good luck to him

stu_1992

Good move for him, and maybe for us. I do think the time for him to move on has certainly come. Hope he does well over there and they (or someone else) comes up with a decent fee in the summer that we can reinvest elsewhere. Nice reduction in costs for now too. Would be nice to get a few more out as well before the window closes.

SemiPro

Has the talent to be one of the best which just makes his complete lack of work ethic so frustrating.

He had his good spells but it only ever took a couple of games to not go his way for his head to drop and to start looking uninterested again.

Will be remembered for that debut goal against Liverpool and what could have been.

SeanyC

Never reached his full potential, bits and pieces only! Wish him all the best

marktan

It's best not to rationalise anything this club does, jokers in charge appointing more jokers

Next up on the crap carousel: 5 year contract for Ronaldo, Rice for £120m, the next AWB for £50m.

VivaRonaldo85

We don’t need sulkers and disrupters like this guy in this already fragile squad. He was a talented player for us a good few years ago and had a couple of decent enough goal scoring seasons. I mean I was a signed up member of Martial FC all those years ago. But he’s been down right average the past 18-24 months. He’ll probably do ok in la liga given his natural talent and hopefully we get a decent enough fee for him in the summer to reinvest in the squad.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
He needs to play and get his mojo back and he needs to get in the World Cup squad
Good luck to him
Because 70% of “fans” on here have the memories of a fecking goldfish. He had an injury hit and poor season in front of goal last year and hasn’t had a chance this year after recovering from the knee injury. That clearly means he’s been shit for decades. It’s a good loan deal for everyone.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Good luck to him
I imagine it comes from literal children or children stuck in adult bodies. I'd love to see Martial regain his form and get selected for the World Cup.

ExoduS

When he scored that goal against Liverpool I thought he is our lord and savior. Next Rooney, next Ronaldo or something even a bit different... And then came that bitch called mediocrity. There were few flashes of brilliance here and there, but nothing to rave about.

I wish him well.

KennyBurner

It's best not to rationalise anything this club does, jokers in charge appointing more jokers

Next up on the crap carousel: 5 year contract for Ronaldo, Rice for £120m, the next AWB for £50m.
Delete this before someone from management sees it. Only United would bite on signing a 36 year old player on insane wages.

The whole Idea of signing players so we can be fluid and press as a team gone out the window because management panicked. The same management that thought it was smart bringing mourinho when its whole Identity over the years was to attack. Then its fans wondering why its best players careers keep stalling and stagnating.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He could have played a role here given how poor the team has been or the players ahead of him, but this is a much better option for him and for United's ability to eventually sell him. He's going to a very competitive team that's actually fighting for a league title, I hope he does well and can find his way, I can even see him having a great second half of a season, what I have yet to see from him, since the start of his career, is following up on his good spells and being more consistent. At his age, I'm not sure we'll see that but anything is possible and I wish him the best.

NewYorkRed

Makes me sad this. There’s a proper top player in there somewhere, just haven’t been able to get it out of him here. Best of luck to him, hope he kills it so we get a huge fee for him in the summer.

Thanks for the memories Tony.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
He could have played a role here given how poor the team has been or the players ahead of him, but this is a much better option for him and for United's ability to eventually sell him. He's going to a very competitive team that's actually fighting for a league title, I hope he does well and can find his way, I can even see him having a great second half of a season, what I have yet to see from him, since the start of his career, is following up on his good spells and being more consistent. At his age, I'm not sure we'll see that but anything is possible and I wish him the best.
Sometimes it takes chopping it up in a different league for players to find their form. Perhaps Martial is more suited to La Liga.

Guapa

Hope he smashes it and either comes back ready to fight for his place or we get a good price for him.Talented player just lazy.

Oranges038

What bright side? Watching Ronaldo limit our tactical approach to every game because he cant press the ball and offers no physical presence up top? Lets keep watching the next 6 months.
The brightside is you might get to watch him actually play football. Rather than just getting to see him all zipped up sat on the bench. It's sunny in Seville, so you might also get a flash of a knee or even see his hands without gloves on.

Deery

Dreary
I wonder if we’ll be in for Isak to stop Arsenal getting him, be a very Man Utd thing to do..

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think he will come back as a brilliant player. Not sure if we would keep him though. Hope we do - there aren't enough strikers at the moment.

Smores

We absolutely do miss the unselfish link up play, ability to not lose the ball facing his own goal and the 17 goals and 6 assists he offered in 31 appearances back in 19/20. That Martial would walk into this side and make us a better team. Well it wouldn’t because we don’t operate a meritocracy but in theory it should. Hopefully he can go find that Martial.
All of which is far less relevant than the player you see today. You'd be hard pressed to name another first choice united striker that had a worse season than he did last season.

Hopefully he goes there and learns a work ethic and how to make a run. Not having to sign a striker would be fantastic but i won't hold my breath.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Ballon d'or clause activated yet?? I remember when fans and even Gary and Phil Neville was gushing about martial being one of the best attacker in world football.

He had potential, which is sad to see that he never lived up to it consistently. He had one or two good season though.

copen1945

He seems to have limitless potential. I hope he does well and comes back to United stronger and more driven.

Skills

Snitch
Ballon d'or clause activated yet?? I remember when fans and even Gary and Phil Neville was gushing about martial being one of the best attacker in world football.

He had potential, which is sad to see that he never lived up to it consistently. He had one or two good season though.
:lol: Such a weird thing to mock the club about

You do realise we're not paying Monaco for every season he's not winning the ballon d'or, right?

Matt851

The point is he is chronically inconsistent and has been shite for the last 18 months. So citing stats from when he was last good is quite irrelevant

RedCurry

Given Love and care bear cuddles…discipline kills this guy
I think that’s the main misconception about him. LVG was a discipline freak and Martial looked like a world class talent under him. During the time period under Ole when we actually pressed with intensity and played with a strategy, he had his best spell for us. Even under toxic manager like Mourinho Martial scored goals whenever called upon. Young players desperately need to be told exactly what to do on the field and the training pitch and Martial, along with our other young players, has been deprived of that. I hope he will realize his potential under a good manager.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
All of which is far less relevant than the player you see today. You'd be hard pressed to name another first choice united striker that had a worse season than he did last season.
There was nothing wrong with his all round play last season. He lost confidence in front of goal but in numerous games he was exceptional - hence why the team as a whole scored plenty. Go rewatch his performance during Leeds at home - he didn’t score but he was brilliant.

Valencia Shin Crosses

When he scored that goal against Liverpool I thought he is our lord and savior. Next Rooney, next Ronaldo or something even a bit different... And then came that bitch called mediocrity. There were few flashes of brilliance here and there, but nothing to rave about.

I wish him well.
I mean he was probably our best player in the lockdown season but sure nothing to rave about. Also carried us the LVG year.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
The point is he is chronically inconsistent and has been shite for the last 18 months. So citing stats from when he was last good is quite irrelevant
Yeah. He hasn’t played for 6 months and was injured for the 5 months prior so suddenly that 18 months looks like hyperbolic nonsense. He also wasn’t “shite” - he was “shite” in front of goal and totally lost confidence but he was very good in numerous games by linking play together - you know - for the benefit of the team. I know we’re not an actual team these days so it’s probably hard to remember.

Smores

There was nothing wrong with his all round play last season. He lost confidence in front of goal but in numerous games he was exceptional - hence why the team as a whole scored plenty. Go rewatch his performance during Leeds at home - he didn’t score but he was brilliant.
Yeah no, not going to argue with that level of crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.