Martial's 50 goals

sparx99

Also his stats and Rashford's are so close and both of them played as wingers for most part of their careers.

Martial ---- 11752 Mins - 50 goals - 30 assists - 147 mins per G+A
Rashford -- 10725 Mins - 47 goals - 27 assists - 145 mins per G+A

Their PL record is similar too
Martial ---- 7576 Mins - 29 goals - 17 assists - 164 mins per G+A
Rashford -- 6886 Mins - 36 goals - 15 assists - 167 mins per G+A

Finally both are starting together instead of one or the other.
That’s crazy how close they are. Rashford obviously a bit younger so hopefully has more upside still!

paulscholes18

Also his stats and Rashford's are so close and both of them played as wingers for most part of their careers.

Martial ---- 7576 Mins - 29 goals - 17 assists - 164 mins per G+A
Rashford -- 6886 Mins - 36 goals - 15 assists - 167 mins per G+A

Got there PL stats the wrong way round

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
They actually have the same amount of minutes. Now the difference is that Martial had a lot less experience and is 4 years younger, in terms of development they weren't in the same phase.
And Martial doesn't shoot anywhere near as much

Stats for Premier League and Europe.

Last edited:

TRUERED89

Yeah, was there too. Was a weird game as i remember Fellaini starting up top, and was 0-0 at half time. People complaining how boring it was. Blinds goal changed the match. But the explosion from the crowd when Martial scored was nuts.

Edit: just started that vid, ugh. Cos its from United, its got that annoying crappy commentary.
:lol: That's Paddy Crerand and Stuart Gardner, MUTV..

TRUERED89

Would it be fair to categorise him as a scorer of great goals, rather than a great goalscorer? He's scored some absolute beauts, but 50 goals in 4 years for a forward at a top 6 club is a pretty poor record. Some lovely goals in there anyway, he's great at those first time curlers.
Jose fecked him over, for that fat slob trampoline touch guy. Then benched him for the Chilean dog walker, considering how sh!t we are/have been its not too bad. Cut him some slack, he'll get 15-20 goals this season im sure.

TRUERED89

Aubameyang.
Top player, but he also misses gilt edged chances regularly, Martial conversion rate is incredibly high when given those same chances! Can someone pull out his conversion %? It's going to be in the 90's I'm sure.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And Martial doesn't shoot anywhere near as much

Stats for Premier League and Europe.
Sterling improved so much. To be honest I'm happy for him.

Last edited:

Matt007a

Really hope moving him back up front this year brings back the Martial we saw in the first year. Supreme talent who just needs to work on his movement and work rate.

ostentatious

Martial ---- 7576 Mins - 36 goals - 15 assists - 167 mins per G+A
Rashford -- 6886 Mins - 29 goals - 17 assists - 164 mins per G+A

The PL minutes per G+A do not seem right with the stats given.

Martial 7576/51 = 149 mins per G+A
Rashford 6886/46 = 150 mins per G+A

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The PL minutes per G+A do not seem right with the stats given.

Martial 7576/51 = 149 mins per G+A
Rashford 6886/46 = 150 mins per G+A
Thanks, actually I messed up few numbers in that post. Rashford has 15 assists and Martial - 17 assists.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would it be fair to categorise him as a scorer of great goals, rather than a great goalscorer? He's scored some absolute beauts, but 50 goals in 4 years for a forward at a top 6 club is a pretty poor record. Some lovely goals in there anyway, he's great at those first time curlers.
Over 10 goals a season on average for mostly a winger over your first 4 full seasons as a professional footballer is very decent. Time to make the step up though.

wolvored

The comment from Crerand about Martial being left footed is a personal favourite
:lol: Yes. Another Paddyism. Why they havent pensioned him off by now is beyond me. Must do it for free. Hes an embarrassment. Remember when he went on the radio rowing with the press man (cant remember who) saying VG wasnt going to be sacked for Mourinho he had it on good authority. Next day it happened. :lol:

CherryBoy

Quite a few. City and Liverpool have plenty. Arsenal and Spurs as well. Vardy at Leicester. Lets hope he can get his next fifty a lot quicker
None of those players are as cool, calm and collected as Martial, in fact his conversion rate is one of the highest in the league.

So no!

#Tryagain

Last edited by a moderator:

Jericholyte2

As the post above me notes, every single one of these clips shows a ruthless, clinical no. 9. He gets the the box, bang - passed to the bottom corner.

Hopefully this experiment with him as a winger is now over (although him interchanging with Rashford as it creates confusion in the opposition back 4).

Santoryo

ripping the reward
People confusing top scorers and better pure finisher. Martial is clinical, in fact he has the highest conversion rate in the league according to Sky stats.

youngrell

:drool:

I had forgotten about the headers he scored, hopefully he can get a few more along with some scrappy goals added to his glut of sublime finishes.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is there a better finisher in the league?
Aguero, Sterling, Kane, Salah, Aubamayang, Mane

You could make an argument for Vardy, Pukki & Jimenez.

He'd have had more if Mourinho didn't try his best attempt to derail his career
I still shiver at the thought of Martial plus cash for Willian... :annoyed:

Canagel

Still comical to think about, Willian and Perisic were gonna save us :lol:
Martial back with #9 shirt, Lukaku sold, Sanchez close to sale, Matic frozen out. Its like every bad move he made is getting reversed. We were lucky his wish for Martial to get sold was blocked otherwise it would have been even more deadwood to clear out.

Rojofiam

I know I'm gonna sound crazy, but him and Januzaj are the 2 most talented youngsters I've seen at United post Ferguson. It broke my heart not to see Januzaj make it (I think that's down to himself, van Gaal and Mourinho) and after LVG was sacked it looked like the same will happen to Martial. I'm really hoping that he can still transform into the player everyone thought he would go on to become 3 years ago, because if he does, we'll have a world beater upfront.

Before people reply 'what about Rashford' regarding my statement about Januzaj and Martial: I love Rashford and he's going to become a legend here, not to mention he's insanely talented as well...but I only mean natural ability when I mention Januzaj and Martial. Rashford has a better, hard-working mentality and the fact that he would die for the club is the reason he's ahead of them in my opinion.

WensleyMU

Pretty sure Martials goal per minute stats are very impressive. Up there with the best in the league.

fergiesarmy1

He's quality, 20 goals this season for me.
We better hope so, apart from him, Rashford and Pogba I don’t see anyone else contributing double figures. I’d say 20 needs to be his minimum target this season, he’s gonna get the games for sure.