Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiz2kul

Don't worry though, he still won't put in a formal transfer request cause then he'd miss out on his loyalty bonus.

fecking piece of shit!
nonsense. why would anyone want to lose out on money? some takes on here are absolutely ridiculous

Jireh

Supports
Utd
Why are people in fake outrages when we want him to leave? Dumbfounding!

As for me, I hate manipulation so much that I can't stand what Ralf did.
Here is why:-
- Why did he include 2 keepers on the bench?
- Why did he keep an empty slot on the bench?
We have kids in the academy who would be overjoyed by just being on the bench. We have Amad who would so love to be in the team. But we are supposed to believe Martial should fill 2 spots on the bench.

Have we become this gullible, really?

The manager seems to have lost the dressing room. The manager cannot even implement his formation anymore. We are back to Ole's formation and tactics but with more pressing.
He told us that CR7 and Rashford were available for the Saturday game, — what changed? Or, are we supposed to believe that they are injured.

Instead of gaslighting the fans, the manager should be willing to play and bench the kids. Why is Elanga and Mason substituted before Cavani? Where is Amad?

Last edited:

Jireh

Supports
Utd
... all he's ever cared about is himself and his image, he's a mercenary. Let's not forget he also once had a brand AM9.

Looking forward to @OL29 and @Jireh spinning this to be my fault somehow. Where's Martial's white knights when he needs them most?
I call you out when you make posts that are pretentious, manipulative and hypocritical. When you say, 'let's not forget that he also once had a brand AM9', is this a slight on every player that has done so or only him? Stop being petty and vindictive, most of our players have or are personal brands - MR10, MG11, AWB, DDG, Bruno + 8, LukeShaw23, Fred8, PP, CR7 e.t.c.

crossy1686

career ending
Strange, but I can’t see Ralf telling lies about it, as if he did other players would fall out with the manager after such a short time here. Bruno for example is good friends with Martial. Ralf seems to be a straight talker, and very open (our PR team probably hate it).
There's a chance Martial has told Ralf he's injured and Ralf's not buying it, but it's weird that an interim manager would go all in on a player like this for no reason.

KennyBurner

Where is the doubt? Ragnick is quoted as saying that's exactly what happened. Martial is just trying to save face because he didn't expect Ragnick to put it out there. I don't see why Ragnick would make things up, it only lowers Martial's value.

The plot thickens. Lets wait for more information to come out regarding this matter. I knew it was strange that Martial would behave this way.

KennyBurner

Even though we've had words across this thread, I'm not here to gloat, but this is sums up what I expected of him and why I want him gone. His mentality is just not fit enough to play for an elite club and all he's ever cared about is himself and his image, he's a mercenary. Let's not forget he also once had a brand AM9.

Those sources are as good and reliable as you're going to get, there's no more pretending he's misunderstood and we've got him all wrong. He's probably already been fined but we'll never know, it's not something the club or a journalist can report on without breaking a bunch of confidentiality agreements.

Looking forward to @OL29 and @Jireh spinning this to be my fault somehow. Where's Martial's white knights when he needs them most?
Im reading this morning that Martial has denied Rangnicks accusations. I knew it was strange for a player who we have stood behind and supported all these years to disrespect us like this. We need for more concrete information to come out regarding Martial and the club before we all pass judgement.

KennyBurner

Don't worry though, he still won't put in a formal transfer request cause then he'd miss out on his loyalty bonus.

fecking piece of shit!
Some takes on here are just embarrassing. Would you personally turn down money that is part of your contract at your job? Why would you expect any employee to do that?

Paul778

The plot thickens. Lets wait for more information to come out regarding this matter. I knew it was strange that Martial would behave this way.
Reading between the lines:

- Martial is covering his own arse by trying to make out it was a misunderstanding so he does get docked wages
- Trying to get public opinion back on his side, like that's possible after declaring himself unfit and immediately requesting a transfer as soon as Ralf takes over without a single traing session
- Trying to show to potential buyers that he's not an entitled temperamental little so and so and won't destabilise their dressing room too

Martial can't get through his thick head that unless he changes his mentality noone will want him at his current wages. If he only gets a move if we pay half his wages what's the point?

Were near the end of the transfer window and he can see the market and knows he's being overpaid and noone wants him at that price. He needs to man up and take the pay cut if he wants to play football that much or just shut up and continue to take the money and be a damn professional

The most important thing is making sure the rest of the squad know - Letting him get away with all this toxicity is not acceptable.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
Im reading this morning that Martial has denied Rangnicks accusations. I knew it was strange for a player who we have stood behind and supported all these years to disrespect us like this. We need for more concrete information to come out regarding Martial and the club before we all pass judgement.
Yeah I saw that too, but he strangely hasn’t provided information as to why he refused to travel for the match. If I were him, and I had some mitigating information that would throw this back at the manager, I would have put it out there.

Someone’s lying unfortunately, which is a sad place to be in.

I’m sure Ralf will get a bunch of questions about this at the next presser though so maybe we’ll get more clarity then.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Some takes on here are just embarrassing. Would you personally turn down money that is part of your contract at your job? Why would you expect any employee to do that?
A lot of fans are crazy and think football is managed with emotions. It's a ruthless world where the things that matters the most is money

dinostar77

Says alot about martial's standing in football that newcastle would rather pay £25mil for a 30 year old chris wood from burnley than take martial off us.

Mainoldo

The Club has treated him like a prince in his 7 years time here. Then come a time that the Club just want a decent return of investment, he throws tantrum.

I hope our next manager is a strong one. So no player like Martial can stay for years in this lovely Club. Even after almost 10 years since Fergie retired, I still can't get used to this kind of player, although we've had some over the years.
Buy Zlatan, take the 9 off his back.

Buy Lukaku rotate him with Rashford

Give him the 9 back just to spend two years talking about taking it back off him.

Not sure what Prince this is. He’s got a great status within the fanbase who love entertaining footballers. That’s as far as it goes.

Not a Martial FC response but this reaction shows the major difference our foreigner ‘ethnic’s’ get compared to the rest of our players.

Didn’t Cavani want to leave not to long ago and tell Rangnick he can’t start against Newcastle?

vangagal

Why would Rangnick pander to him like Ole was?
Called spade a spade. It was his agent that running his mouth first telling the world that Martial wants to leave the club. Why should Rangnick beg him to stay or flatter him with praise?
If he be professional with it, tell Rangnick he wants out but will still give the best of his ability untill that move happen i think Rangnick will play him.
I guess the manner he talk about it rub the club and manager the wrong way.
Now that its unlikely he's gonna get his move out he's backtracking his side of the story now?
If he wants to leave that badly he will already be gone by now.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Fair play to Rangnick - i think the club would have wanted to cover up Martial’s actions though - it does nothing to help us offload him.
As for Martial he is an utter disgrace - lazy unmotivated chancer who massively overrated himself. Bit like our prime minister

CM10

I think it's just a case of Rangnick not wanting to include a player who has asked to leave, especially as Martial's agent was so forthright with it. I suppose it makes it easier for Rangnick to freeze Martial out when our squad is already so top heavy.

It shouldn't really matter as long as we find a move for Martial in this window, but it's not ideal if this bubbles on any longer than that.

AndySmith1990

To be fair, Martial probably thinks he’s above Newcastle and Newcastle do not want him for a relegation battle, no way.
Given Martials disgraceful behaviour it would be disrespectful to say Martial was above any club, be it Newcastle or Crawley Town. The minimum expected of any employee in any job at any level is putting in some effort. Martial can't be bothered to do that. Wish we could rip up his contract and empty his locker out onto the street.

KennyBurner

A lot of fans are crazy and think football is managed with emotions. It's a ruthless world where the things that matters the most is money
Passion merchants expecting the fact these players make millions a good enough reason for them to turn down even more millions.
Says alot about martial's standing in football that newcastle would rather pay £25mil for a 30 year old chris wood from burnley than take martial off us.
This would make more sense if chris wood was on 200k. Are you guys even trying to have a balanced conversation of Martial or just petty insults?

crossy1686

career ending
Given Martials disgraceful behaviour it would be disrespectful to say Martial was above any club, be it Newcastle or Crawley Town. The minimum expected of any employee in any job at any level is putting in some effort. Martial can't be bothered to do that. Wish we could rip up his contract and empty his locker out onto the street.
And I agree but I think he thinks he should be playing for a bigger club in Spain or Italy. I also don't think there's an English club that will touch him after watching him play for us. Personally I feel a mid table Newcastle is a perfect fit for him, and they'd love him there. Shades of Asprilla about it all.

SirAF

Ageist
Reading some of the replies, some are saying Ralf is lying. Why would he. He has come from the outside, he has not built a relationship with the player, so is just saying it as it is. We needed someone in who is impartial.
This.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Reading some of the replies, some are saying Ralf is lying. Why would he. He has come from the outside, he has not built a relationship with the player, so is just saying it as it is. We needed someone in who is impartial.
This

I think that Martial didn't expect the manager to out him. Ole certainly would have not. Now he is left isolated with everybody against him. He will have to take that pay cut if he wants to leave

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Claim 2: Awful season last year - Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho have had a worse season at this moment in time than Martial last season both in regards to performances and stats, ..... but Martial.
This point is so meaningless. Our entire team has been shit this season, thus literally every player has been worse than last season, with the exception of DDG. Stands to reason every other player from last season would perform worse in this one, including Martial or Dan James.

MalaysianRed7

Clearly some politics going on here. Ralf says Martial refused to be in the squad, Martial says he would never refuse to PLAY. Now, we all know that he would never have started, and the chance of him coming on was about as high as Heaton.

Yeah, Martial has to go. So does Dean Henderson. I’m not too pleased with Lingard posting West Ham videos every fortnight too. Should West Ham beat us next week, I don’t think we’re catching them this season. All three should go ASAP.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He looks to be fumbling even the easy things, no wonder the squad is becoming deluded about the manager. To make a comment in one press conference immediately followed by the player refuting it is about as low as it gets in terms of inspiring confidence.

AneRu

So he wants us to pay him to play for another club, a club that seems to think he is not worth spending money on? If he is so adamant on his contract then maybe a little professionalism would be in order and maybe just maybe he will get his move if he plays well when given the opportunity.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So he wants us to pay him to play for another club, a club that seems to think he is not worth spending money on? If he is so adamant on his contract then maybe a little professionalism would be in order and maybe just maybe he will get his move if he plays well when given the opportunity.
It is fairly simple tbh. If Martial has been grossly unprofessional towards the club then he should be easily fined. Let's see if the club does something to that extent because it will be revealing of a few things.

captaincantona

Not comparable. When would any employee be allowed to down tools and refuse to work or give his best for a company but still expect to get paid?

crossy1686

career ending
He looks to be fumbling even the easy things, no wonder the squad is becoming deluded about the manager. To make a comment in one press conference immediately followed by the player refuting it is about as low as it gets in terms of inspiring confidence.
:lol: What did you want Martial to say "Ah you got me there Ralf, I'll be back for the next game!". He's trying to get a move away, who's going to touch him at this rate?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Why are people in fake outrages when we want him to leave? Dumbfounding!

As for me, I hate manipulation so much that I can't stand what Ralf did.
Here is why:-
- Why did he include 2 keepers on the bench?
- Why did he keep an empty slot on the bench?
We have kids in the academy who would be overjoyed by just being on the bench. We have Amad who would so love to be in the team. But we are supposed to believe Martial should fill 2 spots on the bench.

Have we become this gullible, really?

The manager seems to have lost the dressing room. The manager cannot even implement his formation anymore. We are back to Ole's formation and tactics but with more pressing.
He told us that CR7 and Rashford were available for the Saturday game, — what changed? Or, are we supposed to believe that they are injured.

Instead of gaslighting the fans, the manager should be willing to play and bench the kids. Why is Elanga and Mason substituted before Cavani? Where is Amad?
Jesus calm down

the_cliff

I'm siding with Martial on this one. I'm not a huge fan and think it's better we part ways. But I'm finding it very doubtful that he'd refuse to be in the squad, especially now he's angling for a move and has the world cup coming up.

Also, it was public knowledge he and Mourinho did not get along, yet, he was always on the bench and nothing of this sort came out at that time.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm siding with Martial on this one. I'm not a huge fan and think it's better we part ways. But I'm finding it very doubtful that he'd refuse to be in the squad, especially now he's angling for a move and has the world cup coming up.

Also, it was public knowledge he and Mourinho did not get along, yet, he was always on the bench and nothing of this sort came out at that time.
Look at the quote. He said he never refused to play, Ralf said he refused to be in the squad. He's refused to travel because he wasn't going to start.

AneRu

So you would rather believe a lazy player over the manager even if he is an interim? Why would Rangnick lie, he hasn't been here long enough to develop any antipathy towards Martial? I think Martial didn't expect Ralf to out him and now that he has been outed he is lying to protect his backside.
It is fairly simple tbh. If Martial has been grossly unprofessional towards the club then he should be easily fined. Let's see if the club does something to that extent because it will be revealing of a few things.
It depends, it's still just a couple of days after the fact. Looking at it, I find it pathetic that fans are taking a wantaway player's side and basically accusing the manager of lying. Would people be doing this if this was a manager who we had a connection to like Ole or Carrick?

The club and the fan base is strangely insular and hostile to anyone who does things differently from what we knew under Fergie especially if they are foreign. Eerily I think Martial and Rangnick are both victims of this, as was Van Gaal and Mourinho to an extent.

frostbite

This was a power play by Rangnick. He is telling the players that he may stay only 6 months here, but in that time span, if they don't do what they are told he can damage them more than they can imagine.

I think that this was a great move by Rangnick! Our players should learn to work, and then work a little more, and listen to the manager. The manager is their boss, not their buddy like Ole.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
They said different things.
Manager said squad. Prickface said he wouldn't refuse to play. Different things.

Martial clearly being petulant and even more a reason to get rid of the waste of space.

captaincantona

Literally every day all over the world
Yes...before being reprimanded for poor performance and either they improve or get their contract terminated. Point being, if it went down as Ralf says, the behaviour is unacceptable. The manager speaks about it as if there is nothing he could do. Not sure why he felt the need to go into it and not sure why it hasn’t been dealt with already internally. It another mess tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.