Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
What is this nonsense about all fines being public?! Since when? It’s like the New York stock exchange rubbish. I bet players get fined all the bloody time and we’ve no clue whatsoever.

Giggsy13

This right here is just inaccurate. Martial saved Jose at United then was betrayed with the arrival of sanchez. He has always risen to the task and had to fight for his place here and done it many times. You have an idea of martial that has been influenced by the media. I mean there are many on here that dont like him just because of his laid back personality. I only care about what he can do on the pitch and his general performance. I take into account the state of the team before judging his overall performance. He is not a player without flaws but is still good enough in comparison to our options. For the record Im also for club power. I support United first which is why I support Martial. If we recruit a better player than Martial then fecking sell him I dont care.

The manager has been very vocal about players since he arrived and its caused a rift. Im glad he wants to now do things differently and draw a line under it like you said.
Incorrect. I see Martial’s lack of improvement as a source of frustration like all supporters. I was just excited as anyone when he made the move and just as happy when he started proving doubters wrong over his massive price tag. This is not media driven, it’s more seeing a player wasting his talent and failing to produce when he has had the opportunity to do so.

I agree with you though, the media does a play a role in now we view players, but I think with Martial it’s beyond that now. The supporters aren’t being fooled. He just isn’t good enough and a product of our failed transfer strategy over the last 5 to 6 years.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Martial FC has to be one of the strangest side dramas of this club

never understood the fanfare over a player who genuinely never looked like he gave a sh*t playing for this club. Apart from a winter purple patch a couple of seasons ago what had he offered the club in 7 years.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What is this nonsense about all fines being public?! Since when? It’s like the New York stock exchange rubbish. I bet players get fined all the bloody time and we’ve no clue whatsoever.
Well he has already been fined once a few years ago and couldn’t shut up about it so if he was fined again I’m sure he would have something else to say.

OL29

Fines obviously aren’t always made public but looking at this situation it’s a massive reach to assume that that’s what took place here.

OL29

Well he has already been fined once a few years ago and couldn’t shut up about it so if he was fined again I’m sure he would have something else to say.
When did he ever mention his previous fine? I can’t recall him doing that once?

OL29

He made a remark on twitter as I recall, basically apologising for not returning when he should have but his family came first.
You’re talking about this tweet?

Translation: Thank you all for your messages. My little Swan is fine, for the mother it was more difficult but thank God she is better now. Sorry but my family will always come first ... Back to Manchester tomorrow

This equates to him not being able to ‘shut up about it’?

Come on now.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He made a remark on twitter as I recall, basically apologising for not returning when he should have but his family came first.
Thats because he went to be there for the birth of his child and Jose called him out. It was a dick move but the manager was already clearly frustrated with the players for the same reasons we are seeing now. Lack of extra effort or drive. Putting the club and winning a distant second etc. Jose is finished but he was right about the players

i definitely like Martial on the ball when he gets going but he’s been so poor for so long that’s it’s not a coincidence. He doesn’t want to be here or do the work/make changes required to be of use to the team. Sticking up for him now is like being stuck in the jungle and not knowing the war is over.

Pickle85

never understood the fanfare over a player who genuinely never looked like he gave a sh*t playing for this club. Apart from a winter purple patch a couple of seasons ago what had he offered the club in 7 years.
Yeah, agreed. Looked good for a couple of seasons but never became anything like the player he promised. Has regressed horribly and doesn't even look like a top six player these days. Who knows, maybe a move will shake him out of his torpor but I've grown to dislike him immensely.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Translation: Thank you all for your messages. My little Swan is fine, for the mother it was more difficult but thank God she is better now. Sorry but my family will always come first ... Back to Manchester tomorrow

Come on now.
He gave a reason to why he didn’t return and the reason for the fine. Ok, my choice of words may be a little harsh, but I’d say if he was fined, we would know about it either by him or his agent.

Giggsy13

Come on now.
Oh. Well this does change things.

Terry Chango

Did his family come first when he cheated on his wife who was pregnant at the time ? Poor little swan FFS

Twitter statement's are just words. Actions speak louder on the pitch and in training and the man is stealing a living right now. 250K a week is it?

How anyone can want players with his weak mentality at our club at this moment in time is beyond me. Anyone sulking around and stinking out Carrington needs to be gone. Simple as that

I loved Tony and he can be one hell of a player on his day but people still believing he is still an answer to one of many problems at UTD are bloody romantics.

OL29

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: fecking rich coming from you lot who believe Martial is more important that the club. Better get your Sevilla shirts printed lads.
These sort of statements make no sense, on what planet does defending a player against bullshit mean throat they support a player over a club? So when you constantly defend Rashford, can I say the same? It’s bullshit that people on here always resort to when they can’t defend their agenda.
By the way, I’m not the one who’s got more than double the posts of any other poster in here, that’s you, so maybe you should be concerned with what you’ll do when he leaves.

crossy1686

career ending
These sort of statements make no sense, on what planet does defending a player against bullshit mean throat they support a player over a club? So when you constantly defend Rashford, can I say the same? It’s bullshit that people on here always resort to when they can’t defend their agenda.
By the way, I’m not the one who’s got more than double the posts of any other poster in here, that’s you, so maybe you should be concerned with what you’ll do when he leaves.
You’d have to go back almost two years to see any posts of mine defending Rashford, but if you’ve literally not got anything better to do with your time, go ahead, knock yourself out.

And here we go again, you haven’t actually got a defence for martial so you have a go at my posting activity, and I hate to break it to you but I couldn’t care less what you think about it. I’ll be quite content when he leaves, we’ll finally be weeding out the snakes and purging the club of toxicity.

alexthelion

I just knew Martial was a true red and would never disrespect the club. I can’t believe I almost believed for a second that he wouldn’t want to play for us. Rangnick has a lot of questions to answer for after his little publicity stunt. Good that it’s all been cleared up that Rangnick is the one at fault here. We can all stop abusing Martial.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, you poor deluded fool.

alexthelion

You are not likely a native English speaker — considering how literal your comprehension is of the statement — 'Ralf behaved like a thug'.
Does it matter whether you're a native English speaker or not, Ralf didn't act anywthing like a thug, as you put it.

alexthelion

You're the only deluded fool here. Mind your language.
You Martial fanboys are really something else.

How in Hell can you even contemplate defending someone who's first action on the appointment of a new manager was to ask for a transfer?

Demaw

Martial is one of our many "good on his day" players. Sell before it's too late.
Yes, add Pog, Lingz, Rash, Martial and even Luke Shaw. Could have got over 200 million in transfer fees and do you really think we would miss these five???

USREDEVIL

Yes, add Pog, Lingz, Rash, Martial and even Luke Shaw. Could have got over 200 million in transfer fees and do you really think we would miss these five???
Luke somewhat but we can replace him. At this point this is how i see their values (assuming they get a bit of a premium on the brits):
Pogz = 0
Lingz = 0
Rash = 35m
Martial = 15m
Luke Shaw = 30m

Rocknrolla69er

Can a martial fan please explain it to us, it's one of the universes great mysterys

Jireh

Supports
Utd
Does it matter whether you're a native English speaker or not, Ralf didn't act anywthing like a thug, as you put it.
A literal interpretation of a statement like that is usually a comprehension issue of speakers who don't use a language natively.
To break it down:
Unjustly inflicting constraint especially on a subordinate is thuggish behavior for a leader. If it is a matter of principle, be consistent and therefore just.
But you can't claim that:
- you are not picking players who are probably leaving
- you will not ask players to stay since we are a big club;

then do this:
a) Tell the media that you asked a player leaving to be in the squad and they did not want to, yet a month ago you told the same media that you would not be picking the same player since he is leaving
b) Continue to pick and play players who are also leaving: Cavani, Matic, and now Pogba
c) Claim you need 3 keepers, yet 'kill off' Lee Grant who does not want to leave but keep and ask Hendo to stay yet he wants to leave
d) Your consultancy releasing to the press parts of your deck claiming our club captain, Shaw and AWB are not United quality

Last edited:

Pintu

Teams interested in him are not willing to meet the wages that he’s on and are saying it publicly. Martial will go down as a good lesson not to give unproven kids insane wages. They make them unsellable if things turn bad.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What a surprise, it's exactly as any logical person would think - a miscommunitcation between two people with conflicting priorities.

Ralf is not a thug and Martial hasn't disrespected the club.

Jireh

Supports
Utd
A literal interpretation of a statement like that is usually a comprehension issue of speakers who don't use a language natively.
To break it down:
Unjustly inflicting constraint especially on a subordinate is thuggish behavior for a leader. If it is a matter of principle, be consistent and therefore just.
But you can't claim that:
- you are not picking players who are probably leaving
- you will not ask players to stay since we are a big club;

then do this:
a) Tell the media that you asked a player leaving to be in the squad and they did not want to, yet a month ago you told the same media that you would not be picking the same player since he is leaving
b) Continue to pick and play players who are also leaving: Cavani, Matic, and now Pogba
c) Claim you need 3 keepers, yet 'kill off' Lee Grant who does not want to leave but keep and ask Hendo to stay yet he wants to leave
d) Your consultancy releasing to the press parts of your deck claiming our club captain, Shaw and AWB are not United quality
Based on what has been revealed today, here are my observations:
Having received backlash from the court of public opinion, an 'accomplice' has been introduced.

... Again,
You can't claim:
- that the same player should speak to you directly and not through 3rd parties, (which he obliged to do so)
- that the same player told you on Friday about not being available,
- that you were surprised when Ronaldo and Rashford were not available on Saturday yet you had confirmation that they would be available
- brag about how you speak to players directly for hours

then do this:
e) talk to the same player through a 3rd party and even allude to wrongdoing in the press without engaging the player directly
f) single out one player for not being available
g) not fill the bench ahead of time with available players yet you had ample time to do so - if Martial could join the squad on Friday, other players could as well.

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

Can a martial fan please explain it to us, it's one of the universes great mysterys
It's because he can play and our club is littered with dudes who can't play. The theory of throwing a bunch of blokes on the pitch who run around alot is stupid. We ain't winning nothing with that line of thought. However, of we had a coach who can get the likes of him to run around, be fitter so on and Soo forth we might go somewhere.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

He offered a lot but as with any player (especially on caf) his career is usually judged based on last season or this season. If the player plays well, then he always played well. If player is having shit time, then he was always shit.

His 2015-16, 2017-18, 2019-20 seasons were good. 2018-19 was decent too. He had 2 poor seasons. This is half a season already, so 2.5 poor seasons.

Varun1

Based on what has been revealed today, here are my observations:
Having received backlash from the court of public opinion, an 'accomplice' has been introduced.

... Again,
You can't claim:
- that the same player should speak to you directly and not through 3rd parties, (which he obliged to do so)
- that the same player told you on Friday about not being available,
- that you were surprised when Ronaldo and Rashford were not available on Saturday yet you had confirmation that they would be available
- brag about how you speak to players directly for hours

then do this:
e) talk to the same player through a 3rd party and even allude to wrongdoing in the press without engaging the player directly
f) single out one player for not being available
g) not fill the bench ahead of time with available players yet you had ample time to do so - if Martial could join the squad on Friday, other players could as well.
Wow ... So much guess work!
Did it occur to you that Martial would have put another story on Insta if RR's explanations weren't true?

Status
Not open for further replies.