Martin Ødegaard - Next season

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Impressive showing.
Need to move somewhere else though, he is never getting into that Real Madrid squad unless he literally becomes the best player in the Eredivisie, just playing good there isn't gonna give him the credibility he'd need to get into their squad.
He'll get back into the team end of season and will be evaluated then. If he's good enough to earn a spot in the team Florentino will push for him to have his chances

Eriku

Saw the whole match. Vitesse struggled, as did Ødegaard. Still, a goal to help them avoid a loss ain’t bad, certainly consistently impacting the scoreline recently.

Eriku

2019 bump!

Some charitable editing in there, and it’s just a snippet from a match I saw where he was a bit sloppy with his passing and didn’t impose himself too much on the match.

However, 2 assists, from his consistently threatening free kick delivery, and that one key pass he has in the video that creates a 2v1 against the goalie, really should have been a goal. At any rate he’s keeping up his return in terms of goals and assists after the winter break.

Has really stepped it up this season :drool:

Edit: found full highlights from the match on youtube:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Watching him now, he really needs to start shooting more. So many times he is in good shooting positions but decides to pass to a teammate who then messes up the attack. Fecking shoot mate.

Hope this is his final season playing for a Dutch pub team. He deserves to play with players that are on his wavelength in the final third.

Tiber

Forgot he existed. And he is still farmed out on loan all these years later?

Hoof the ball

Watching him now, he really needs to start shooting more. So many times he is in good shooting positions but decides to pass to a teammate who then messes up the attack. Fecking shoot mate.

Hope this is his final season playing for a Dutch pub team. He deserves to play with players that are on his wavelength in the final third.
That's a key point. A lot of what is missed in youtube videos is the key passing performances from him. He makes consistently threatening passes that could lead to goals, however, the quality of his teammates means that it's not converted as often as perhaps Odegaard deserves in terms of his own contribution.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
That's a key point. A lot of what is missed in youtube videos is the key passing performances from him. He makes consistently threatening passes that could lead to goals, however, the quality of his teammates means that it's not converted as often as perhaps Odegaard deserves in terms of his own contribution.
Saw only a few games last season when he played for Heerenveen, but I noticed that too.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It is not just this season for years now the most average of players can bang in 20 goals in the Eredivisie. But like I said the dutch are not really known for their defense.
Even Jozy Altidore hit for 23 goals for AZ and had 39 goals in 67 league matches over two years there. Gets to Sunderland and bangs in 1 solitary goal in 42 league matches before running back to MLS on a fat, undeserved contract.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Even Jozy Altidore hit for 23 goals for AZ and had 39 goals in 67 league matches over two years there. Gets to Sunderland and bangs in 1 solitary goal in 42 league matches before running back to MLS on a fat, undeserved contract.
So what you're saying is the Premier League is harder than the Eredivisie? Who would have thought. You can name a player doing that from any league.

Hoof the ball

So what you're saying is the Premier League is harder than the Eredivisie? Who would have thought. You can name a player doing that from any league.
It's not only that but it's a false equivalence. Altidore, of course, is a centre-forward, whereas, Odegaard is not, which is proved not least of all by his average field position in each game.

Odegaard doesn't need to bang in the goals like Chucky Lozano, since, he doesn't occupy that role in the side. I say this all the time, but, you'll never find merit in a midfielder's performance if your only indicator is statistics.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Good goal to make it 3-1 in the final minutes vs his former club. Unfortunately VAR ruled it out by giving a penalty on the opposite end and the game ended 2-2 :lol:

sport2793

I think perception might be negative on this lad because he made a high-profile move at such a young age. I reckon though he can very much become a top level player at his position, considering he only just turned 20. If RM give him time he can probably make it there.

Acquire Me

Good goal to make it 3-1 in the final minutes vs his former club. Unfortunately VAR ruled it out by giving a penalty on the opposite end and the game ended 2-2 :lol:
Stupid VAR. That was a beautiful goal.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He is playing well, and it is important that he starts scoring goals.
Although his development seems slower than expected, he seems quite hopeful and excited about his future in Madrid, or at least it is the impression he gives in recent interviews.
Next year he will return and will be able to compete on equal terms with many young players, in a squad with an 11 much more open than in the past.

Moriarty

He needs a good Noggie manager to coach him. One who tells him to take the shot on. Wonder who that could be?

Loublaze

ATLien
The amount of 7-0 and 5-0 games are insane they do not care about defense in that league.
Some things don't change. It was always like that when I watched the Eredivisie back in the 90s. Its always been about Ajax, PSV and Fyenoord

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Random bump but and random idea but I feel he would fit like a glove in a club like Brugge its a league down the eredevise but they have a good young team and are good at developing young talents.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
He needs to improve at a better league next year imo. I would like to see him Bundesliga or La Liga.

Schneckerl

Random bump but and random idea but I feel he would fit like a glove in a club like Brugge its a league down the eredevise but they have a good young team and are good at developing young talents.
Should try to get game time in La Liga or maybe Bundesliga at this point, not move to an evrn inferior league.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Scored from 40m :eek:

That’s arguably some of the worst keeping I’ve seen all season. In fact if the keeper had done his job, you’d say that was actually a pretty terrible and wasted freekick.

Eriku

All his touches:

Yet another strong performance from him. Close margins saw an assist and another goal ruled out for offside as well. The goal is obviously a goalkeeping error, but kudos for spotting him out and having the confidence to try it.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is playing well, and it is important that he starts scoring goals.
Although his development seems slower than expected, he seems quite hopeful and excited about his future in Madrid, or at least it is the impression he gives in recent interviews.
Next year he will return and will be able to compete on equal terms with many young players, in a squad with an 11 much more open than in the past.
Any possibility Real could be selling him in the summer? He has done well this season but is that enough? What if an offer of 10-20m arrived, you think you could end up selling him?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Any possibility Real could be selling him in the summer? He has done well this season but is that enough? What if an offer of 10-20m arrived, you think you could end up selling him?
It could be if he plays the preseason and disappoints, but he would have to do it really badly.
If they accept an offer, I think it would be a loan in la liga.
The sale, with or without buy back option seems unlikely.

Fosu-Mens

All his touches:

Yet another strong performance from him. Close margins saw an assist and another goal ruled out for offside as well. The goal is obviously a goalkeeping error, but kudos for spotting him out and having the confidence to try it.
The same as last season more or less. Set piece delivery is consitently very good. Vitesse's attack is run through him. If he played for PSV/Ajax he would average 1 assist per game. The amount of dangerous situations/chances he creates through his playmaking is quite high. Technique is flawless, passingability is good. Needs to work on his relations to the other players and not always cut inside and long pass.

Schneckerl

I know it isn't the be-all, end-all, but shocked to see that Odegaard's whoscored rating is very close to Frenkie De Jong's given how those players are perceived.

Fosu-Mens

I know it isn't the be-all, end-all, but shocked to see that Odegaard's whoscored rating is very close to Frenkie De Jong's given how those players are perceived.
Different positions, harder to get a high rating playing in a more defensive role, then again harder to get a higher rating playing for a much weaker team.
If you look at his match highlights M. Odegaard is far better than the other players on his team, and should have been loaned out to the likes of Ajax or PSV.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
2 assists and MOTM again in todays match, Vitesse vs. NAC Breda 4-1.
Also delivered the pass for another goal but via a Breda player so was not given as assist.

MOTM in 5 of the last 9 matches now.

izec

Should have gone to Ajax a few years ago. Would be a good move for him. Maybe Real can include a buyback or first refusal option.

Or he thinks he has a chance at Real now with the inevitable changes happening in the squad. Bold but risky move, could be sitting on the bench most of the time

Red Stone

He's definitely too good for Vitesse and arguably too good for the Eredivisie now. Going to Ajax would be a mistake. He needs a loan to a top half team in La Liga if he's not in Real's plans for next season. Wouldn't mind a mid-table Prem team taking a punt on him. Could prove to be a masterstroke at 20-25 million quid if he keeps improving. Still think he has it in him to play a key role for a CL contender in the future.

Schneckerl

Different positions, harder to get a high rating playing in a more defensive role, then again harder to get a higher rating playing for a much weaker team.
If you look at his match highlights M. Odegaard is far better than the other players on his team, and should have been loaned out to the likes of Ajax or PSV.
I understand, I'm still surprised Martin does so well. I thought he would be above average at best and not one of the best in the league based on the (non-)hype he currently gets.

Going to Ajax would be a mistake. He needs a loan to a top half team in La Liga if he's not in Real's plans for next season. Wouldn't mind a mid-table Prem team taking a punt on him. Could prove to be a masterstroke at 20-25 million quid if he keeps improving. Still think he has it in him to play a key role for a CL contender in the future.
Agreed. Needs to go to a quality league at this point.