Martin Ødegaard - Next season

Handré1990

Wait, what?
It’s not really a thing. Zidane didn’t play Ødegaard while he was cruising into 3 CL titles and a La Liga, so he must not rate him. Never mind the fact that he’s just 20 now, and lacks the physical extreme skills like strength and speed. Who knew it would take a grown man’s body to effectively play his game at the top level?

Acquire Me

Being Norwegian, I imagine that it would be very gratifying for you to see him at the United.
The offer you say is good. Tell Woodward to fax the offer :lol:
Yeah, I would love to see him at United. Not going to happen anytime soon though. Woody did good work with that fax machine tbf :lol:

Red Stone

Ødegaard has always been the type of player that needs good team mates to fully realize his extreme playmaking talent. If a team can get him on the ball and make good movements off the ball he'll sew it all together with ease. Castilla was a joke when he was there, with shite pitches and low-quality team mates for the most part. He didn't really have the right setup at Heerenveen either, but it got better at Vitesse. Now he's the playmaker in one of the most exciting attacking teams in the league and it's no coincidence that he's ripping teams to shreds on his own. I could see that coming from miles away. Even when he was 15 he was pretty much a ready-made playmaking genius with all the technical ability in the world, just trapped in a kid's body. What really has impressed me, however, is how much his defensive game and physique has improved. It's great to see that combination of talent and work ethic. He's going to become a truly frightening player if he keeps this up.

It'll be a lot of fun to see what he can do with Bale, Benzema, Rodrygo, Vinicius and a hopefully slimmer and more motivated Hazard, most likely already next season. God help us all if he ends up at City within the next four or five years, though. Ødegaard in his prime unde Pep, especially if they still have KDB and Bernardo, would basically be a cheat code. At least Liverpool wouldn't be winning the league any time soon.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another good assist. Lots of key passes every game.
Not at his best tonight, but he works so damn hard. When the game was stretched and Sevilla were looking to seal it he was counter attacking with the ball, then when they lost it he was the first midfielder back to make a tackle or a block.

His engine and desire is just as impressive as his skill on the ball. Madrid have got another hell of a player on their hands. They seriously don't need Pogba.

troylocker

La Real struggled today, gave away possession too easily against a very aggressive Sevilla. This was his worst match in la liga so far, but managed to get an assist in the end. Should have had another, but Willian Jose messed up a relatively simple finish...

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Pogba to Real Madrid.
Ødegaard and £80m(?) to United.

I can live with that.

RoyH1

Pogba to Real Madrid.

I can live with that.
The way Pogba is performing for us, I'd take half that amount and Ødegaard.

This deal could very well happen, but only if Zidane is still managing Madrid come summer. If he's gone, Pogba loses his biggest fan down there.

troylocker

Pogba to Real Madrid.

I can live with that.
I don't think that will happen unfortunately. It looks like he's turning in to a Guti/Iniesta hybrid with workrate and Real Madrid has made it clear he is not for sale. He has stated that he is happy where he's at, and wants to stay with La Real till summer 2021 and then have a crack at RM. His value will rocket with the performances he's delivering these days as well.

I would love to have him here though. One in the best chancecreators in top three leagues right now... #whatweneed

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I don't think that will happen unfortunately. It looks like he's turning in to a Guti/Iniesta hybrid with workrate and Real Madrid has made it clear he is not for sale. He has stated that he is happy where he's at, and wants to stay with La Real till summer 2021 and then have a crack at RM. His value will rocket with the performances he's delivering these days as well.

I would love to have him here though. One in the best chancecreators in top three leagues right now... #whatweneed
................. odegaard.............
Rodrygo.......jovic......viniscus

Somebody at real clearly has been spending too long on FM but that is potentially a cracking front 4 and I'm sure all 4 won't live up to potential but if 2 or 3 of them do then the next decade or so is looking good for them

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He apparently didn't join us because he felt La Liga fits his playing style better than Bundesliga. That in mind I can't see him joining an EPL team. He isn't going anywhere. Real Madrid has brillant perspective right now, they did a great job regarding long-term management.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Class last night. But I'd like to see him drive at defenders a bit more. Too many times he waits for runs instead of taking on the defender.

RooneyLegend

Needs to understand that his game can't all be about opening up the opposition, he needs to have a a better all pitch contribution.

troylocker

He had an outstanding performance against Spain...... for Norway! Let that sink in. He created four chances and had four successful dribbles, try to find the last time a midfielder did that against Spain. Add to that, that he covered more ground that any other player on the pitch and he does this every week in laliga now, he is definitely worth the hype! He doesn’t need to understand anything! He’s doing everything right these days. Passing, dribbling, vision, creativity, technique, defensive contribution, workrate, the full package. If he can keep up performing like this consistantly, that is the question. If he does, or develops even further he will be a world beater.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He had an outstanding performance against Spain...... for Norway! Let that sink in. He created four chances and had four successful dribbles, try to find the last time a midfielder did that against Spain. Add to that, that he covered more ground that any other player on the pitch and he does this every week in laliga now, he is definitely worth the hype! He doesn’t need to understand anything! He’s doing everything right these days. Passing, dribbling, vision, creativity, technique, defensive contribution, workrate, the full package. If he can keep up performing like this consistantly, that is the question. If he does, or develops even further he will be a world beater.
What kind of logic is this? The kid is 20 and nowhere near the finished product. He still has a lot of understanding to do.

troylocker

What kind of logic is this? The kid is 20 and nowhere near the finished product. He still has a lot of understanding to do.
I was a little unclear; I was referring to rooneylegends post where he insinuates that Odegaard is only focused on chancecreation, and doesn’t contribute in the other end of the pitch. Which is just wrong.

I agree that there is still a lot of room for improvement, but he looks fantastic these days.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's been around for ages. If people tell me He's 27 I'll believe it. I remember people talking shit about him when He flirted with clubs all over Europe. It was 1999 and I was browsing RedCafe through dial up connection.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Will be a de Bruyne level player.

madrid will be insane to lose him, I really do hope we try everything to prize him away if they want pogba.

BlahRules

We won’t even consider him when we do sell Pogba to Madrid. He would then be sold because there’s no space for him and be insanely good and Manchester United would be scratching their heads.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
There are two Norwegian players I'd break the bank to get to MUFC. Martin Ødegaard, and Erling Braut Haaland. Finally its fun to be a Norwegian football fan again.

Real Sociedad are having an absolutely crazy season. 3 points behind the La Liga #1 spot.

Stadjer

Ajax wanted to sign him at the beginning of the season but Odegard didnt want to sign for Ajax. Since that moment loads of Ajax fans said that "he isnt that good", "not better than Tadic or Ziyech" or that he is ruining his career. (Tbf they said that when he decided to sign for Madrid instead of Ajax when he was even younger)

Looks like Odegard had it right anyway. Signed for Madrid for big money, start playing pro matches for 1.5 season at Heerenveen, become one of the best players in the league while playing for Vitesse and now showing it at a higher level at Sociedad. Next step should be to show it at the highest level for Madrid or another topclub.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
There are two Norwegian players I'd break the bank to get to MUFC. Martin Ødegaard, and Erling Braut Haaland. Finally its fun to be a Norwegian football fan again.

Real Sociedad are having an absolutely crazy season. 3 points behind the La Liga #1 spot.
Would love Ødegård but not 100% yet on Haaland.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Would love Ødegård but not 100% yet on Haaland.
You're probably right to be cautious on Haaland. I really liked the few times he got to engage the Liverpool defenders at Anfield. He's got such a crazy long stride. Will probably be safer to make a better opinion after the CL campaign concludes. For right now it does appear however that the Austrian league is pretty easy for him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The one thing that's very noticeable about Halaand as a forward is his instinct and attitude in the box,which we're sorely lacking.
You feel that any ball in the box,great or not,he'll attack it.

One of my favourite Ronaldo goals was against AS Roma in the CL at the Stadio Olimpico. Schole's chips the ball in the area,not the greatest pass and the height wasn't great either, but Ronaldo appears in a flash and makes something out of ,what would otherwise be, a nothing chance.

Concerning Odegaard he's looking like a top talent and even with Madrid's history in making odd transfer decisions from time to time even they're not mad to let Odegaard,a player they tried so hard to bring in, go now, especially as he's gaining alot of praise and hype.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I don't even know what words to describe how good he's been playing so far this season.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I dont think they will play both Odegaard and Pogba. Hope we ask him in return for Pogba.

So either Pogba stays or we get this guy in return.

RoyH1

He should go nowhere near Madrid as long as Zidane is managing that lot. He'd probably be benched for Lucas Vazquez

lysglimt

Scout

Make that 3 - Kristoffer Ajer at Celtic will be a beast of a central defender with a bit more experience. He could get to the level Van Dijk is today

Fosu-Mens

Make that 3 - Kristoffer Ajer at Celtic will be a beast of a central defender with a bit more experience. He could get to the level Van Dijk is today
Odegaard is class, Haaland needs development in his overall game and Ajer will never become VVD. Could still become really good, but VVD is a different level.

Champagne Football

I'd give Pogba a piggy-back all the way to Madrid if they were willing to offer big cash and Odegaard. Will never happen though as Odegaard seems very settled in Spain

RoyH1

Why are people so sure that Zidane doesn't fancy him?
I don’t know if Zidane fancies him or not. But he has a track record for always preferring his veteran players over going with young blood. I think Odegaard would have a hard time having regular playing time with Zidane.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Odegaard is class, Haaland needs development in his overall game and Ajer will never become VVD. Could still become really good, but VVD is a different level.
VVD is one of the handful of the very best players in the world, so I agree asking Ajer to reach that level of excellence is a bit much :) But, I do agree, Ajer has been phenomenal and couild become something very special, or at least a very very good PL player. He's in good hands in Celtic.

Fosu-Mens

VVD is one of the handful of the very best players in the world, so I agree asking Ajer to reach that level of excellence is a bit much :) But, I do agree, Ajer has been phenomenal and couild become something very special, or at least a very very good PL player. He's in good hands in Celtic.
Yeah. Similar to VVD in many ways with good range passing, ability on the ball and reluctance to dive into tackles. What really sets them apart is VVD superior mobility.