Martin Ødegaard - Next season

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Thats difficult. They will give him on lean yeah, with a buyback-clause, like always. Madrid is bad at making talents. Do you really think he would earn to less at Antwerpen,Gladbach,Ajax or somewhere else, man they dont get paid by nuts, even in this age. Your argument is none.
He would earn peanuts compared to what he is getting currently at Real Madrid yes. You also have to add in the sponsorships he is no doubt getting through his Real Madrid links. I would guess he is earning 3/4 times what he would anywhere else right now.

Is there any guarantee he will make it as a professional footballer? There are hundreds of superbly talented teenagers who were hyped up massively but then didn't make it like people expected them to.

Better get a bumper contract to set him up for life early then hope he develops into the player everybody thinks he will instead of gamble on him making it at another club and maybe have injuries, loss of form or just the pressure of playing first team football being too much for the kid and him fading into obscurity. If I was this kids father I would have done exactly the same thing.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well even more so then, there's a lot to be said for being set for life in your early 20's, bot many could say that, I know it's a shame that he's not playing at the moment but he's obviously still got time on his side, it'd suck if he doesn't 'make it' at the top level but this could have happened if he had went to Ajax as some people suggested yet have a quarter of the money!

Can't blame the kid for taking the cash early on in his career.
100% this.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He would earn peanuts compared to what he is getting currently at Real Madrid yes. You also have to add in the sponsorships he is no doubt getting through his Real Madrid links. I would guess he is earning 3/4 times what he would anywhere else right now.

Is there any guarantee he will make it as a professional footballer? There are hundreds of superbly talented teenagers who were hyped up massively but then didn't make it like people expected them to.

Better get a bumper contract to set him up for life early then hope he develops into the player everybody thinks he will instead of gamble on him making it at another club and maybe have injuries, loss of form or just the pressure of playing first team football being too much for the kid and him fading into obscurity. If I was this kids father I would have done exactly the same thing.
they also gave his dad a full time coaching contract with their youth set up didnt they - completely unrelated I'm sure?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
they also gave his dad a full time coaching contract with their youth set up didnt they - completely unrelated I'm sure?
Even better deal for his family then! What an incredible deal they managed to get, they should be applauded not derided.

redshaw

This is really the year it starts for the lad. There's been too much hype.

I'm all for saying give him a loan spell and recall him when he's showing worth to warrant a place in the Madrid team but he's 18 soon and you could argue he could break into the team in a year or two and learn off top talents instead of losing his way elsewhere.

Watching him in the bits and pieces he reminds me of David Beckham the way he relies getting his body in the way of players, use of the right foot and curling. He could become a play maker/crosser rather than this total footballer.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Norway and Real Madrid midfielder Martin Odegaard has hailed "incredible" Marcus Rashford after the Manchester United forward scored a hat trick for the England under-21s against the Norwegians on Tuesday.

The 18-year-old Rashford, making his U21 debut, was the star of England's 6-1 thrashing, opening the scoring before completing his treble in the second half with a fine strike and a well-taken penalty.

And Odegaard came away impressed by what he saw.

"He is an incredible player as we saw," Odegaard told SunSport. "And we have seen that in the Premier League too. So I think he is just an incredible player."

Asked if he could see himself playing with Rashford at Old Trafford someday, Odegaard responded: "Maybe, maybe."

Odegaard became the youngest ever to appear in a match for Los Blancos at 16 years and 157 days old last May. With that milestone achieved, he's now patiently targeting a regular place with Zindedine Zidane's Champions League winners.

"That is a good thing for me to be in that squad," Odegaard said. "Hopefully I can get some chances this year. I just have to continue to work hard and take my chances.

"Of course I want to play in the first-team -- that is my goal. But I have a lot of time. I'm still only 17-years-old so I can take my time."

The under-21 match in Colchester was Odegaard's first time playing in England. And he enjoyed the atmosphere.

"Yeah I think it is [My first game in England]. It was a good atmosphere and they have a good crowd here," Odegaard said.

"We played really, really good in the first thirty minutes and we could have been maybe two up.
:drool:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He should concentrate on be oming a regular before hinting at moves away really, doesn't seen to have the best of attitudes if he's coming out with Ronaldo like responses to questions about transfers.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
No need to be sarcastic - he could break his leg in training this week and his career could be over - he did what most people would have done in his situation and accepted an outrageous deal he wouldnt have got anywhere else. No matter what else happens in his career now he is set-up for life. I honestly do not get why people get annoyed about things like this when probably 99% of us would do exactly the same thing.

If it doesnt work out with Real Madrid he can move on in another year or two but he probably wont earn what he is getting now or what he would earn if he breaks into the side and plays with Real.
I think Slig has a good point.

The financial security argument is a very poor one because considering the attention he has garnered , he would still have made decent money elsewhere, At a club that is serious about promoting their young players rather than chasing after the next marquee signing.

In Rainbows

He should concentrate on be oming a regular before hinting at moves away really, doesn't seen to have the best of attitudes if he's coming out with Ronaldo like responses to questions about transfers.
Don't think that comment hits at any bad attitude. It's a fact that it could happen. Just as it is a fact that Rashford could someday play with Odegaard in Madrid. It's a nothing comment really.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's a problem in my opinion. I won't go as far as saying there is some sort of agenda against him but I really do think the fraternity is sick of him and it's losing him 50/50 calls.

Eriku

Has had a good streak in the Castilla side, and is right now almost 20 mins into his first full debut for Real, albeit in a 3rd string side, against a 3rd division team.

Looking quite good, so far.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Simply touching the ball it´s easy to see the quality and the control.Nice left foot

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea

Finally made his debut yesterday. Special player.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
I saw that he got the start today. Didn't watch cause we were on but looked from that vid he played well. It seems he is disliked here for some reason but I hope he keeps getting chances and fulfills his potential, hopefully somewhere not with Real, haha.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
But he absolutely RUINED his career by going to Real Madrid and will NEVER play any football after they've refused to play him regularly when he was still 16-17.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
But he absolutely RUINED his career by going to Real Madrid and will NEVER play any football after they've refused to play him regularly when he was still 16-17.
I got tired arguing with the green smileys when he signed with Madrid. So many people were sighing about how the modern footballer is dumb...

OzKangarooney

I mean, to be fair, it was against a team in Seguna B, and it was the second leg, they won the first leg 7-1

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Looks a bit special.

ash_86

It felt like watching Januzaj , maybe a little more. Talent is there in abundance, hope he carries the right attitude with it.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Januzaj :lol:

His technique is up there with Hazard/Isco possibly Messi.