Martin Ødegaard - Next season

Bloedrood

Leverkussen it is.

Bummer. Would have loved to see him at him.
Yeah, would have been great at Ajax. But I'm not sure that Ajax should want the deal that Real seemed willing to offer, like a loan or buyback clause.

Sjaakmeoff

Yeah, would have been great at Ajax. But I'm not sure that Ajax should want the deal that Real seemed willing to offer, like a loan or buyback clause.

I'm sure Overmars would've gotten a good deal.

The problem imo was/is the uncertainty about Ziyech and Neres. They might stay, they might go. Kinda hard for a DoF to persuade a player like Odegaard to come to Ajax not knowing who his competition is.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Leverkusen is a good move I think. As long as he gets enough playtime. Ajax would have been good as well, it is just that if you perform in the Bundesliga maybe RM will trust to let him have a go at the first team.
I hope he shines this season as well. Will watch all his games, as the football he delivers is pure art.

Sjaakmeoff

Leverkusen is a good move I think. As long as he gets enough playtime. Ajax would have been good as well, it is just that if you perform in the Bundesliga maybe RM will trust to let him have a go at the first team.
I hope he shines this season as well. Will watch all his games, as the football he delivers is pure art.
That's the question, with Bailey, Diaby, Demirbay, Bellarabi, Paulinho, Havertz already there.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
That's the question, with Bailey, Diaby, Demirbay, Bellarabi, Paulinho, Havertz already there.
We played with 4 CMs last season during our most succesful period: Aranguiz, Baumgartlinger, Havertz and Brandt. Now it'll be Ödegaard, Havertz, Demirbay and Aranguiz. He'll definitely start most games if he comes. Some Leverkusen fans even believe Olmo will come on top of that since one of Bailey and Belarabi might leave.

I'm so glad that he's most likely to join Leverkusen. One of the best signings we realistically could make.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
We played with 4 CMs last season during our most succesful period: Aranguiz, Baumgartlinger, Havertz and Brandt. Now it'll be Ödegaard, Havertz, Demirbay and Aranguiz. He'll definitely start most games if he comes. Some Leverkusen fans even believe Olmo will come on top of that since one of Bailey and Belarabi might leave.

I'm so glad that he's most likely to join Leverkusen. One of the best signings we realistically could make.
How far off are you challenging for the title?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
How far off are you challenging for the title?
Hard to say. We made stupid mistakes and had a dreadful conversion in the first games under Bosz. Against Gladbach, Dortmund and Leipzig we were quite clearly the better team. If we had won at least two of these games (like we should have) we would be pretty close to Bayern's point record in the second half of the season. With the players being used to Bosz's football and Demirbay, Ödegaard and Diaby making the squad even stronger, there could be a chance (there, I said it) .

That being said, Dortmund has massively improved this transfer period, the Hummels signing is the icing on the cake. Hazard is a clear improvement and Brandt is absolutely sensational in the form of last year. Would never have thought Bayern would allow them to become that strong again. And Munich itself will probably invest another 100-150m in the team. Then there's also Leipzig who were really consistent in the last months and now have Nagelsmann.

Eriku

I am definitely liking Leverkusen for him. CL and a day-to-day in the Bundesliga, to see how easily he takes the step up from Eredivisie.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Wow, good move for Leverkusen and Ödegaard. And long-term for Real as well, as he'll face tougher opposition on a constant basis compared to Eredivisie. (In isolation, Ajax would have been a quite perfect team, of course.)

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Bosz will be good for Øde I think. Great coach. best choice of club imo, hope it all works out.

Red_toad

Shame Real didn't try a player swap involving Ødegaard for Pogba. I'm sure Ole must know if he'd be a worthy addition to the squad.

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
Will be very interesting to watch him and Leverkusen. Ode is a good replacement for Brandt. Both are creative players, both are weak at defending.

RoyH1

Been hearing that he's in San Sebastian negotiating a loan deal with Real Sociedad.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Will be very interesting to watch him and Leverkusen. Ode is a good replacement for Brandt. Both are creative players, both are weak at defending.
Ødegaard has taken big steps in his defensie game this year, I think he will surprise you in that regard.

It's between Sociedad and Leverkusen at this point. I think it would be fun to see him in La Liga, especially how he might perform against his own team, Real Madrid. Ultimately I think the best thing for him is to go to a good team like Bayer Leverkusen, get champions league football, be a regular starter in a top Bundesliga team. The idea that a team of that caliber is seen as a stepping stone, and not a final career peak is mouthwatering to Norwegian fans who haven't had the fortune of seeing any of their fellow countrymen play for a elite team for a very, very long time

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Don't know what Leverkusen want with him if they don't have a buy-out clause. I doubt he's much better than what they already have.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Real Sociedad is producing a very exciting young team. Isak already there, Januazj if he's stil classed as young and then you have the three Spanish under 21s, Mikel Merino, Zubelidia and Oyarzabal.

Last season though they did play generally a 4-4-2 so not sure how Odegaard fits in unless they sell Willian Jose and push Oyarzabal upfront with Isak.

Fosu-Mens

Real Sociedad is producing a very exciting young team. Isak already there, Januazj if he's stil classed as young and then you have the three Spanish under 21s, Mikel Merino, Zubelidia and Oyarzabal.

Last season though they did play generally a 4-4-2 so not sure how Odegaard fits in unless they sell Willian Jose and push Oyarzabal upfront with Isak.
New manager, since January, plays 433 or 4231. Both good fit for him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
New manager, since January, plays 433 or 4231. Both good fit for him.
Yes in some games but they also did play 4-4-2 on other occasions.

Forgot they've also signed Portu from Girona so La Real is really loaded in final third.

Could be looking at:

Irra Odegaard

Januazj Portu Oyarazabal

Willian Jose/Isak

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Whatever they do, they must have promised him regular first team football to make him sign there over CL ready Leverkusen.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yes in some games but they also did play 4-4-2 on other occasions.

Forgot they've also signed Portu from Girona so La Real is really loaded in final third.

Could be looking at:

Irra Odegaard

Januazj Portu Oyarazabal

Willian Jose/Isak
+ Borja Mayoral that should be official after the Euro

MUFC OK

I will comfortably make the prediction that by the end of his career he will have played for 15 clubs, and that his talent at such a young age will never be fulfilled.

Acquire Me

I will comfortably make the prediction that by the end of his career he will have played for 15 clubs, and that his talent at such a young age will never be fulfilled.
I think this will be the last loan. After that it will be Real or another club on a permanent deal.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
+ Borja Mayoral that should be official after the Euro
Blimey they're worse than Spurs were under Ardiles when he played five strikers. :lol:

Borja Mayoral didn't score much at Levante I think last year so feels to me this will be a little like picking up Sandro Ramirez who's confidence was shot after his goal shy Everton spell.

Will surely cash in on Willian Jose aswell.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He was sacked long time back and then was sacked from Sunderland after that too.
I actually thought that was an in joke or something e.g. poster saw Real Sociedad play last year, thought they were boring (they had many 0-0s at home) and assumed Moyes was still in.

Just for the record @Samid he was sacked in November.....2015 and has since managed 3-4 times against Man. United for Sunderland and West Ham in last two seasons. Was linked to Newcastle job this week.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Real Madrid seems to love to do loan deals with German clubs at a cut-off price. Annoying why they can't do it with us. This kid has basically done a career suicide by going to Real Madrid, should have gone to a German club for his formative development years but at least he's a millionaire now.

Foxbatt

I actually thought that was an in joke or something e.g. poster saw Real Sociedad play last year, thought they were boring (they had many 0-0s at home) and assumed Moyes was still in.

Just for the record @Samid he was sacked in November.....2015 and has since managed 3-4 times against Man. United for Sunderland and West Ham in last two seasons. Was linked to Newcastle job this week.
Surely Newcastle cannot hire him? At least they are used to playing attractive football though they may not win too many matches. With Moyes they will bore everyone to sleep and I cannot see the Magpies accepting that.

quackattack

Real Madrid seems to love to do loan deals with German clubs at a cut-off price. Annoying why they can't do it with us. This kid has basically done a career suicide by going to Real Madrid, should have gone to a German club for his formative development years but at least he's a millionaire now.
Yeah, Or a top dutch club. Ajax and PSV would probably be nice for him.

Eriku

Excellent!

Only one season too, which I assume is an indication that Real think he’s not too far off joining their squad. Or maybe they’re just giving themselves an out, and he might still do a second season at RS.

Eriku

Nice lil moment that was captured during his first training session with Real Sociedad:

lysglimt

Scout
Yes it might be the Norwegian in me talking - but if we are gonna lose Pogba to Real - we really should try to get him as part of the deal. His performance yesterday was superb. It feels good to be a Norwegian right now - think we have to go back to the wonderful 69-73 generation (Berg, Johnsen, Solskjaer, Flo, Leonhardsen, Bohinen, Mykland etc) to last find this amount of talented youngsters in Norway.