Martin Ødegaard - Next season

PaulRich

If we can get him as part of any deal for Pogba PLUS bringing another midfielder in from wherever - I'd say if its in any way possible go for it.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Would be great if he joined. With his recent constant development, the new "grown-up body" and all the km he runs each game (12,3km per match for first two LaLiga matches), he would fit perfect into Oles style of play. And he still delivers perfect passes after 90 minutes of running like a mad dog. I do not see RM letting him go though. Due to the fact that Perez likes him a lot and want to see him succeed there. We will see, I think the prize tag might be getting very high now though. But Zidane would have to convince Perez to swap++ and I do not think he will manage to do that with Perez seeing him as Reals new CM for the future.

Aresma7

Ødegård would be a great addition to this young project! Ole being anorwegian could mean something

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He's coming a long nicely so lets see if he continues to develop. The Norwegian NT finally has some good, young players.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He’s class, playing well now against Atletico. Would love us to be interested in him.

Eriku

The boy has well and truly arrived. He’s looking absolutely class. Lucky with the deflection, but he still gets that one :)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Liking him so far. Hard worker and fights his bollocks off too

After seeing James today, having those two competing for the starting spot next year should be good :drool:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Has he been permanently let go by Madrid or is he going from loan to loan but still their player?

Halftrack

Imagine if he'd chosen us?

He'd have been called a whiny cnut by Jose and sold Schalke or something, before ending up at Liverpool.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Has he been permanently let go by Madrid or is he going from loan to loan but still their player?
It's a season long loan. Apparently there is agreement he'll stay on loan at La Real another season if things go well.

It was a good loan move. Done well in Holland but he needs to show he can get to that level in La Liga and Real Sociedad is building a very exciting young team so he's fitted in very well. Going to be starting every week if he stays fit.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's a season long loan. Apparently there is agreement he'll stay on loan at La Real another season if things go well.
Yeah, if he does really well he ain't staying there another year

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
After seeing James today, having those two competing for the starting spot next year should be good :drool:
They place different positions, won't be competing for the same spot.

McTominay
Ødegaard - Pogba
Sancho - Martial - James​

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Modric will be 35 start of next season. Seems Kroos is declining now so Real Madrid could easily cash in next summer before he hits 30.

That will be area Odegaard comes into. He isn't quite a number 10, more number 8 type midfielder who drifts between halfway line and edge of box.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As I said earlier, if we are are going to lose Pogba we really should demand Odegaard is included. Zidane will snap our hands off.

I love Pogba but if he's really wanting to leave then it would be a smart future investment. The kid looks absolutely class.

Eriku

As I said earlier, if we are are going to lose Pogba we really should demand Odegaard is included. Zidane will snap our hands off.

I love Pogba but if he's really wanting to leave then it would be a smart future investment. The kid looks absolutely class.
Seconded.

No fecking chance Ødegaard is going anywhere but back to Real anytime soon, though.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
..................odegaard..............
Viniscus........jovic.........rodrygo

Chuck in Diaz and asensio is still only 23

Basically most of their attack is potentially in place for the next decade

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seconded.

No fecking chance Ødegaard is going anywhere but back to Real anytime soon, though.
If it gets pogba to Madrid then I can see it happening. I don’t think Zidane likes him that much as he could have found a place for him this season. Let’s see.

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
Considering that he is a Liverpool fan, I don't really see why he would leave Real Madrid to join a struggeling United. Even if Solskjær is manager.

Eriku

Considering that he is a Liverpool fan, I don't really see why he would leave Real Madrid to join a struggeling United. Even if Solskjær is manager.
Yeah, a boyhood Liverpool fan would never go to United...

O wait...

neilv93

He's coming a long nicely so lets see if he continues to develop. The Norwegian NT finally has some good, young players.
Completely agree. Obviously Odegaard is a huge talent and probably more renowned for being at Madrid etc. but Sander Berge, Erling Haaland, Kristoffer Ajer, Birger Meling (love this guy) et al. Bright future, hopefully they'll all blood in together for the 2022 World Cup.

Reactions: van der star

Ventura

But wait, I thought this kid was an overrated flop after not performing in Spanish Potatofield Division? At least according to some.

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
Yeah, a boyhood Liverpool fan would never go to United...

O wait...
There is a huge difference between Solskjær joining a club going in the right direction from a small norwegian club, and Ødegaard joining a struggeling side when he is already at the biggest club in the world. When you are at a small norwegian club you will take any chance you can get to play at a higher level. When you are already at Real Madrid you wouldn't want a step down to your struggeling childhood rivals.

lysglimt

Scout
Completely agree. Obviously Odegaard is a huge talent and probably more renowned for being at Madrid etc. but Sander Berge, Erling Haaland, Kristoffer Ajer, Birger Meling (love this guy) et al. Bright future, hopefully they'll all blood in together for the 2022 World Cup.
Håkon Evjen

mav_9me

There is a huge difference between Solskjær joining a club going in the right direction from a small norwegian club, and Ødegaard joining a struggeling side when he is already at the biggest club in the world. When you are at a small norwegian club you will take any chance you can get to play at a higher level. When you are already at Real Madrid you wouldn't want a step down to your struggeling childhood rivals.
Yeah but it has absolutely nothing to do with him being Liverpool fan.

Eriku

Fair point, but to be honest I doubt he dreams of making it at Liverpool these days. He could've joined them back when everybody was vying for his signature if that was really important to him. I can picture him not wanting to go to United, but I doubt any of those reasons would have to do with Liverpool fandom.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Norway, WC champions 2026 :drool:

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
Yeah but it has absolutely nothing to do with him being Liverpool fan.
Fair point, but to be honest I doubt he dreams of making it at Liverpool these days. He could've joined them back when everybody was vying for his signature if that was really important to him. I can picture him not wanting to go to United, but I doubt any of those reasons would have to do with Liverpool fandom.
I don't think he will ever join Liverpool, and I certainly don't think his Liverpool fandom would be the main reason for not wanting to join United. However, if it was reversed and he was a United fan, I think it would be more plausible (but still very unlikely) for him to end up with you. If he ended up struggeling with gametime at Madrid and he was looking for other options I could see it happen.