Martin Ødegaard - Next season

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I fancy La Real to finish top 4 so would work out a brilliant two year loan for Real Madrid if he plays CL football there next season. Could also play in a major tournament next summer so he'll be ready to start week in week out when he finall returns to Madrid.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Is it Spanish 1st of April? Or did Real Sociedads twitter get hacked.

Just posted he is joining Manchester City on season long loan

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Dec 28th
The day is observed throughout the Spanish-speaking world in much the same way as April Fools' Day. But when the prankster is ready to reveal the joke, the saying is "¡Inocente, inocente!" or "Innocent one, innocent one!" (See the lesson on making nouns out of adjectives for the grammar behind this.) It is also common on that day for newspapers and TV stations to print or broadcast "news" stories based in humor rather than fact.
It's equivalent of April fool's day.

troylocker

Young Odegaard had a decent performance yesterday:

Martin Odegaard vs Osasuna

93 minutes played
69 touches
47 passes completed
1 Goal
2 Assists
7 key passes
10 chances created
3 big chances created
1 dribble completed

He has converted 2 out of the 4 direct freekicks he's taken this season.

After a couple of average performances he's back to beastmode.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If Pogba goes Madrid. This guy needs Tobe part of the deal.
I am afraid Madrid has already invested too much time and money in him to include him in any exchange deal. The kid also really wants to play for madrid as well.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Valverede, Casemiro,Odegaard, Kroos

Why the hell do they need Pogba ?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

They don't & many clubs don't.

The only reason I can see even Juventus going for him is for some statement of intent - if they were more intelligent there are cheaper midfielders at a younger age available than Pogba.

Dve

The only reason I can see even Juventus going for him is for some statement of intent - if they were more intelligent there are cheaper midfielders at a younger age available than Pogba.
Could be Kroos and Modric out, Pogba and Ødegaard in.

tjb

I'm pretty surprised PSG haven't really made a push for him. Maybe Mbappe leaving would open them up to that possibility.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

We needed him this season

Don't think we'll be in for him next summer, unless Odegaard stays at real another season

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

and let’s find out who those are asap!

Ødegaard is class but he looked like he didn’t want to score that one hahaha

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d take him in any Pogba deal for sure. Rather that than just get £120m even.

That said, with the emphasis on ‘player who want to play here’, he seems quite committed to Madrid.

Dolf

Breaking: Louis van Gaal says United were "in the race" for Odegaard. "I shook hands with him"

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Made it into Marca's team of the year. He was underwhelming after lockdown, mostly because he has been struggling with jumper's knee for a while now. And the team as a whole were quite poor too, needed a late equaliser against Atletico to rescue EL when at one point they looked certain for top 4.

Still an excellent season for Ødegaard on the whole though, hopefully he's fully fit the for copa final whenever that is being played. Should light up EL too next season assuming Real don't call him back.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The haters must be seething, the amount of people who were desperately wanting him to fail and coming up with any reason to try criticize him was embarrassing. He’s a quality player.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's obviously really talented, but I'm also a big fan of his midfield partner Merino. Have been since he was at Newcastle. I think he'd be a good option to replace Matic for us. He has similar traits on the ball, but has the energy off of it that Matic now lacks.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
The haters must be seething, the amount of people who were desperately wanting him to fail and coming up with any reason to try criticize him was embarrassing. He’s a quality player.
Not sure what people get out of wishing ill on a kid, it's not like he's even a prick, seems like a decent bloke and he's proving himself year on year to be a Madrid calibre player. :lol:

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
I just hope he gets rid of the jumpers knee fast and permanently. After what I understand, it can be a a chronic and recurring issue if not dealt with properly.

edit: sounds like I advocate amputation when i reread my message, but I did mean get rid of the jumpers knee condition :)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was insanely good earlier in the season, clearly struggled a bit with his injury lately but the talent is there.

Pep's Suit

Played only 232 mins in La Liga this season. Totally wasting his career there, should rather push for loan to a club like Leipzig, Leverkusen etc.

Eriku

Played only 232 mins in La Liga this season. Totally wasting his career there, should rather push for loan to a club like Leipzig, Leverkusen etc.
Meh. He’s young, been injured this season, last half of his season with Real Sociedad was underwhelming, and he’s not put in great applications for more playing time when he’s gotten on the pitch for Real Madrid. He’ll get his chances, and he’ll find his feet and show his best again, I’m sure.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Meh. He’s young, been injured this season, last half of his season with Real Sociedad was underwhelming, and he’s not put in great applications for more playing time when he’s gotten on the pitch for Real Madrid. He’ll get his chances, and he’ll find his feet and show his best again, I’m sure.
He has been injury-free for quite some time now, but Zidane isnt giving him any minutes, he rather play Isco, for some reason.

I dont know why Zidane wanted him to come back, its clear Martin has no future under him.
Also, if the plan is to just cross and inshallah, Martin is of limited use anyway, as thats not his game.

Would love for him to succeed, but its not happening, he should think about his career and make a move in the summer.

Handré1990

He has been injury-free for quite some time now, but Zidane isnt giving him any minutes, he rather play Isco, for some reason.

I dont know why Zidane wanted him to come back, its clear Martin has no future under him.
Also, if the plan is to just cross and inshallah, Martin is of limited use anyway, as thats not his game.

Would love for him to succeed, but its not happening, he should think about his career and make a move in the summer.
We should give him a safe haven!