Martin Ødegaard / signs for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Sounds like he wants to leave to get games rather than sit on the bench so coming here with us already having Bruno seems a non starter ... hope he comes to the premier league though he looked good last year when he was playing all the time

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Hate it if he'll go to Arsenal, or any one of our rivals. Could be their Bruno equivalent.

Eriku

He’s asked for a loan, which the article even states. Think this is a bit of a tempest in a tea pot sort of thing.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Going to Arsenal.

Is he actually any good?
Yes unfortunately he’s quite talented and had a great season before returning to Real Madrid where he stalled.

Arsenal are getting a very good playmaker here.

Javi

Saw some headline a few weeks ago that he has some kind of injury situation that needs monitoring and could restrict playtimes. Not sure how much of that is true but the article had a guy with glasses explaining it in a video.

Jam

Saw some headline a few weeks ago that he has some kind of injury situation that needs monitoring and could restrict playtimes. Not sure how much of that is true but the article had a guy with glasses explaining it in a video.
A guy with glasses? It must be true. He wouldn’t wear glasses unless he was super duper smart.

croadyman

Be just bloody typical if he plays on Sat and gets an assist or goal against us

Polar

He wouldn’t play on Saturday anyway, so I really hope he succeed at Arsenal :D I’m optimistic on his behalf. He will be an interesting and exotic contribution to the PL

Think it was a great choice from Odegaard in order to develop other aspects of his play. At Arsenal it’s also more upside than downside these days, and I assume he gets a fair chance to play regularly. Tumble up.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I get the feeling that Real are putting him in the shop window.

Would be a real kick in the teeth for Arsenal if he plays well and then joins a PL rival.

mav_9me

I would have loved him here for the RW. Even as a temp 6m loan. Anything for our RW

Mr.Marty

He was good before the corona stop last season. But afterwards he hasn't been up to the same level. I think he is making a mistake going to Arsenal, should choose a decent german team instead.

The Urban Goose

I think this is great, gives him 6 months to impress and adapt to the prem ready for a swap deal with the Pog.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What about lunchtimes? Is he allowed out?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think he'll be a star at Arsenal and they'll end up buying him for 50+ next season.

justsomebloke

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/19/real...gaard-hands-in-transfer-request-13931959/amp/

https://www.skysports.com/share/12193752

So it looks like after years of loan moves Odegaard is finally leaving Real, no links to us but with links to Eriksen over the past few days and Fernandes looking like he could do with a rest every now and again who would take Odegaard on loan til the summer with an option to buy ?
I'm gutted that we didn't get him (or even try, by all indications). He's an elite player, good enough to improve any team in the PL. Also, a fairly perfect fit positionally, as he can play both right wing and No 10.

Much the same for Arsenal unfortunately, whose obvious need is for a creative force in the midfield, which is exactly what he is. If he's okay physically after the jumper's knee trouble, I would expect him to be an imposing presence for the rest of the season.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Sensible signing for Arteta. Judging club's lack of bigger funds during crisis, it's so much wiser move than some of the previous deals.

GwilDor

I think this is great, gives him 6 months to impress and adapt to the prem ready for a swap deal with the Pog.
Would be a shame if Arsenal got him accustomed to the PL for us. A real shame. Wonder what trade deal we could get him for if he set the PL alight the rest if the season.

Polar

He was good before the corona stop last season. But afterwards he hasn't been up to the same level. I think he is making a mistake going to Arsenal, should choose a decent german team instead.
I think it’s the perfect move for Odegaard in order to challenge himself and develop other skills or parts of his play. If his stay at AFC ends with more or less success is maybe of less importance in the longer run. He will anyway have the opportunity to return to RM ore RS as an stronger and more experienced player.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
He was really good at RSO but after his injury he wasn't quite the same did seem to be coming good near the end of the season then returned to Madrid and barely got a chance. Will be interesting to see how he does at Aresnal.

FatherWolff

Having watched a few games of his the last week, and la liga last year, i actually think he is a better footballer than Bruno. Not close to goal points yet, but I think I think he is better.

ryadmahrez

Having watched a few games of his the last week, and la liga last year, i actually think he is a better footballer than Bruno. Not close to goal points yet, but I think I think he is better.
To early. Depends if he can get to his form of last year and can expand. Last year he was dribbling really well and being incredible creative. This season at Madrid and Arsenal, he isn’t the same. Not even attempting to dribble and playing a bit safe. At Arsenal he has still been good though, but not like the special player he was last year at Sociedad.

Hope its just a confidence thing and he will get there. If so the sky is the limit for him, has incredible potential. Still think he is one of the biggest talents in Europe.

Mainoldo

Alot of players are better than Bruno (Technically). Not really worth bringing up. He's not going to bring up Bruno numbers though.

RUCK4444

:lol: No words.

I’m sure Madrid would be willing to constantly loan out the player who is better than the most productive midfielder in Europe.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
One of the most ridiculous takes I've read on here. Congrats.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
:lol::lol::lol:

Judas

Open to offers
How is Bruno so underrated by so many on here. He can play like crap in a game, and you still fully expect him to get a goal or assist. He's a monster.

FatherWolff

One of the most ridiculous takes I've read on here. Congrats.
Thanks! I think his passing and vision puts Bruno way behind. He has way more control on both movement around him and a way higher pass range. He also is better defensive and run a lot more. He finds more space than him, but is behind on goal points. For now. Ridiculous as I am.

Based Adnan

Bruno in the last 1.5 seasons has significantly more goal involvements than Odegaard has managed in his whole career (7 seasons) including games in Norway and Holland. Terrible take.

FatherWolff

Bruno in the last 1.5 seasons has significantly more goal involvements than Odegaard has managed in his whole career (7 seasons) including games in Norway and Holland. Terrible take.
Yes. Terrible take! Just said the same thing on goal points in two posts. Still think he is a better footballer. But haven’t looked at the stats of what I’m saying, so it might well be a terrible take. And saying this as a fan of Bruno, not as a criticism. Just think this fella is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.