Martin Atkinson

Count Orduck

What's Chelsea's record in games reffed by him now then?

Another woeful performance. Both of Chelsea's goals came from terrible decisions on his part; a clear foul ignored for Arsenal moments before the Chelsea goal for the first, and then he bought Ramires' blatant dive hook, line and sinker. Not to mention, if he gives the penalty he has to send Chesney off... and didn't.

Also ignored an Arsenal pen when Ivanovic pushes Giroud out of the way without even a cursory glance at the ball to make it look like he wasn't cheating. And did Ramires ever get booked in the end?

One of the worst refs in the league. Don't know how he keeps his job.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It was a dive, but it was a tricky one to spot (though I did shout dive straight away, but then the TV angle might have been better then his?)... it wasn't a red card though even with the penalty.

The free kick for the first was a terrible decision though... was pretty blatant.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
I thought Arsenal's buildup to their goal started with Vermaelen's foul on Torres from behind.

Also, Oscar was brought down in the box in the first few minutes and nothing was called.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Why are ref so reluctant to book players for repetitive fouling ? On that basis neither Cole nor Ramires should have finished the match

Steven Seagull

Engineered the foul for the penalty.

Sky kept banging on about the foul in the first goal, but Coquelin over ran the ball and just about won the 50/50 with Ramires. It just looked like a coming together after the ball had gone to me, and difficult to see for Atkinson.

Count Orduck

Wasn't a dive, wasn't a red.

He did miss the foul on the first goal though.

Not sure which pen incident you mean with Giroud?
It was a few minutes before Walcott scored: Gibbs floats in a cross from the left which Giroud goes for, and Ivanovic - who is looking at Giroud the whole time, not the ball - just shoves him out of the way so he can't reach it.

alastair

ignorant
I thought Arsenal's buildup to their goal started with Vermaelen's foul on Torres from behind.

Also, Oscar was brought down in the box in the first few minutes and nothing was called.
Well Torres wasn't actually fouled and Oscar's one was nothing. I know you must be used to Atkinson awarding you everything under the sun, but he did make the occasional decent decision today.

Count Orduck

Why does Howard Webb get tarred with the "always gives decisions to Manchester United" brush, and Atkinson get away with doing the same for Chelsea?

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Engineered the foul for the penalty.

Sky kept banging on about the foul in the first goal, but Coquelin over ran the ball and just about won the 50/50 with Ramires. It just looked like a coming together after the ball had gone to me, and difficult to see for Atkinson.
He was looking right at it. They showed a replay with Atkinson's view.

alastair

ignorant
It was a few minutes before Walcott scored: Gibbs floats in a cross from the left which Giroud goes for, and Ivanovic - who is looking at Giroud the whole time, not the ball - just shoves him out of the way so he can't reach it.
To be fair, I don't really think there was enough in that for a pen.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Yeah, but he was behind Coquelin wasn't he? So he couldn't see the ball as I remember it. Coquelin wasn't stopped in his tracks or anything so it's not the worst decision in the world
Nah, he was almost side on, and saw Ramires' foot come down on Coquelin. Shit decision to play on, but nothing you don't expect from an Atkinson game.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
My mates and I liberally use the term 'Atkinson'd' as a regular part of the ole vocab. It means to incompetently miss something obvious.

I just don't think he's very good at his job. Does seem to love helping the Chavs out though.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
This guy has no bollocks whatsoever, and absolute homer if ever I've seen one. At least a ref like Dean is not afraid to make decisions wherever he is reffing.

Phil

Why does he seemingly get every United v Chelsea game?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Absolutely bizarre appointment. The fa clearly couldn't give a feck.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Regardless of the ref, there tends to be controversial decisions in these games for both sides. Torres's red and the two pens spring to mind.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
He just denied a goal to Sunderland that had crossed the line to give a freekick for a foul on Jozy Altidore, the would-be goalscorer. How does this man have a job?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
He's being a dick again.

Sunderland score, but he pulls the play back and gives them a freekick rather than playing advantage.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Incredible level of incompetence yet again... he's easily the worst referee in the league, it's baffling that he still gets to
officiate at this level.

He's also a massive cnut.