Martin Atkinson

Kaos

I will celebrate the day he retires like us winning the league. Can he just follow Twattenburg and feck off to the Middle East?

Crimson King

He's a fecking cnut, and VAR was a disgrace today too.

I can understand the first Ronaldo penalty being overlooked but you can't dive in like Zouma did and not get the ball.

Then to give that handball?! feck off you twat. Can't even get a proper hair transplant, let alone ref a football match fairly. Absolutely hate the man.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Absolute cnut. Ole has to say something in the post match presser. terrible.

The Purley King

I get that ronaldo dives but feck my life that last one was stonewall.
Var apparently on the take as well. Unbelievable

cj_sparky

I'm surprised an official with 15 games under his belt is expected to question Atkinson in the VAR room.

Atkinson was awful today, nothing new though.

James Peril

I am all for him calling the clear handball when it’s correct, even after dodging three calls for us… but yeah, that miss was sent from the gods.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
@GifLord any chance of a replay of the third Ronaldo non-penalty call? Cheers :)

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I am more fuming with the ref than i am delighted with the win. fecking bellend of a ref. Retire him for christs sake.

Ivor Ballokov

Abysmal, but he always is. The fact VAR let him get away with it is a bigger concern, what's the point of it if not to correct the shiteness of the referee.

Wheato

WOW. TWO STONEWALL PENALTIES. NEVER EVEN TOUCHED THE BALL, AND TOOK THE MAN DOWN BOTH TIMES.

I AM ASTOUNDED, I THINK I MIGHT POST IN CAPITALS FOR THE REST OF THE DAY. WHAT IS THE BLOODY POINT OF VAR IF THEY CAN'T SEE A CLEAR FOUL IN THE BOX???

THEY BOTTLED IT.

joedirt87

I'm always expecting the team to get screwed when Atkinson or Dean are in charge.

lex talionis

Is there any accountability mechanism over referees? Or does the FA just congratulate themselves no matter what?

RUCK4444

Ole needs to make a point of that ABSOLUTE sh*t show from Atkinson, without getting himself in trouble.

If those aren’t penalties for Ronaldo they need to make fecking sure they aren’t penalties for ANYBODY else, that’s the line I would take if I were Ole.

Not because the rules are different for Ronaldo but to the contrary, if they aren’t pens today they need make sure they aren’t pens going forward (which they won’t because they are fecking stone wall!)

Man-United

Atkinson and United goes way back, up from 2003 when he was the linesman in the 2-2 draw at Arsenal allowing them two offside goals.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I am not joking, such performances of refs really need to be scrutinized. It was quite clear to everyone what this twat was trying to do today.

Still remains true what I thought years ago. Most refs are just incompetent when they make a mistake, this guy is biased. He's been at it for years and its always against or in favour of the same teams.

Golden Nugget

I only recall 2 penalty shouts - the first one he dived into the guys leg, so I thought that was the right call. The Zouma one I thought was stonewall.
I don’t recall the 3rd one at all

mu4c_20le

Every time there's a penalty shout, he just points to the corner. Even for our fairly obvious handball. What a guy.

SER19

A compilation video of this guy through the years vs us would be genuinely shocking. The Gerrard red aside he's been like facing an extra opponent for 10 years

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
1st penalty shout wasn't a pen IMO. You can see Ronaldo change direction to initiate contact instead of following the ball. The 2nd one was a much more solid shout. Zouma's caught him clearly and got nowhere near the ball, and Ronaldo hasn't tried to play for it. I really thought that would be given. It's a poor challenge.

The Shaw handball is silliness though. You can't make that kind of attempt to block a cross without your arms out. He didn't move hand to ball nor has he done it make himself bigger, they were in a natural position given the circumstances, and the ball was struck against his arm from less than a couple of yards. What is he supposed to do? You don't play football with your hands by your side, nor should you be expected to.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The last foul on Ronaldo is very suspect. The rest you could argue about whatever but that last one was a clear cut pen
I don’t understand why VAR didn’t get him to look at it. Even Alan Smith who is ABU as they come couldn’t believe it.

Bertie 2 Hats

This dolloper of a referee is a fecking disgrace.. one of the worst officiating of a game i have witnessed in a very, very long time.. i'm still fuming.. good job we won to temper my mood.. :mad: