Martin Atkinson

caid

Ole simply has to say something about him in the post match presser.
Dont, it wont achieve anything. Its not a bad performance anyway, this is every Atkinson performance for us.
Make an official complaint and make sure he doesn't ref our games again. Warn them that we'll talk shit about him incessantly if hes selected. Wheel a parade of employees out to call him a cnut.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I would have hit him if I was Ole ..

Michael Owen said we should have 2 penalty

crossy1686

career ending
Serious question - can United ask for explanation of his calls today? We should have been given 2 pens, no doubt about it
Yeah they can ask for official explanation as to why decisions were made during the match but it rarely ends up being public unless the manager decides to burn a few bridges.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don’t understand why VAR didn’t get him to look at it. Even Alan Smith who is ABU as they come couldn’t believe it.
I'm lost for words. So late, such a crucial decision, the governing bodies have to make it compulsory that the final decision has to be taken by the main ref and not by some asshole in a booth. The main ref unload his responsibility on VAR, it's a coward move.
If they call on him, he follows their decision and if they don't, he blindly trusts them. It's a shite system

shahzy

There needs to be an inquest. This cnut was favouring West ham all game. Falling for blatant West ham dives but miraculously seeing all United ones. And then when they were legit fouls like the Ronaldo one in the final few mins this dickhead, with the help of the idiot in the VAR box, misses it. Couldn't run over to the VAR box fast enough for the Shaw pen though.

Every high level job has internal reviews. His performance needs to be reviewed and duly met with a demotion to the championship. This was absolutely pathetic

Dan_F

Sky haven’t even fecking mentioned it. Guarantee Souness would be all over it if it was the other way around.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Massive, useless knobhead.

But while he's useless, VAR is there to stop mistakes like that.

Siorac

For him not to consult VAR for that last foul on Ronaldo is pure incompetence.
Atkinson really is a wishy washy ref.
But it's incompetence on VAR's part, too. I don't know who it was but they should have told him to check the screen.

crossy1686

career ending
Sky haven’t even fecking mentioned it. Guarantee Souness would be all over it if it was the other way around.
They're not allowed to analyse referee's performances anymore because it causes a witch hunt, but he needs to be asked some serious questions after this game, it's the worst I've seen in a long time

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That's as blatant a penalty as any you'd see but I wonder if Ronaldo going down rather easily twice prior to that influenced the decision.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can we get a petition going or something? Have this bent cnut looked into

90 + 5min

Unless referees and VAR-referees are told to explain every major decision in live TV after the game, this kind of stuff will keep going. There will never be a learning process. Today, you can always hide behind something. VAR can point at ref. And ref can point at VAR. But nobody will ever need to explain anything.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
First one was penalty as well. He left his leg there. That's a foul all day long
The way I see it is like this. The first one is a pen but the way Ronaldo fell could be used as a (shit)excuse to justify not giving it. The second one however, there is no justification. It should have been a pen and a yellow card for Zouma

Dan_F

They're not allowed to analyse referee's performances anymore because it causes a witch hunt, but he needs to be asked some serious questions after this game, it's the worst I've seen in a long time
Huh? They’re allowed to talk about decisions. It doesn’t need to be framed as “look at the refs dodgy performance”.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Hope Ole go hard on him. Really hard. If that means suspension, so be it. About time,refs are getting a free pass and needs to be called out

2 penalties. Don't know how a VAR check wasn't even done for the second one. He doesn't deserve another game in EPL.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
The first one is a penalty clear as day, don't understand it can't be given after VAR as well. The second one you can see Ronaldo already going down before any contact, that's a correct non penalty call.

POF

Huh? They’re allowed to talk about decisions. It doesn’t need to be framed as “look at the refs dodgy performance”.
They won't talk about it because "United get screwed again by disgraceful refereeing decisions" doesn't fit the narrative they'll try to spin next time they quote how many penalties United get.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
The way I see it is like this. The first one is a pen but the way Ronaldo fell could be used as a (shit)excuse to justify not giving it. The second one however, there is no justification. It should have been a pen and a yellow card for Zouma
Yeah Ronaldo went down awkwardly but he was running at the defender, slowly it down will look awkward. I think he changed his direction slightly and then his right knee ( which would be behind as he played the ball) collided with the leg of West Ham player. That should be penalty

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
On the plus side, we've won without having to rely on any pens. That immediately shuts down any ABUs.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not sure why anyone is surprised. Atkinson has been inept and giving poor decisions against for ages. Thankfully he also saved us on the AWB penalty so, well done to him.

Josep Dowling

First one Ronaldo has already jumped before he’s tackled. Second ones he’s kick the ball out of touch then gone for the foul. Think people have way over reacted to these. Haven’t seen the full game though.

GeorgieBoy

He simply cannot be allowed to officiate for us again.
He's a self-confessed Leeds fan ffs!

There is no way he can be objective.
I wouldn't expect to be allowed to referee Liverpool games as I know I just couldn't be impartial. Same should apply to him particularly given these atrocious calls; past and present.

Raven

I felt like hitting this prick, so thankful for Dave's save! Atkinson is genuinely worse than some of the Sunday league refs I've had.