Martin Braithwaite | Barcelona

Steamboat Willy

I Don’t think Braithwaite believes his own luck. Odds for him playing in Barcelona 1-1,5 years ago was worse than winning the EuroJackpot, get struck by a lightning and discover a survived dinasour in a cave full of unicorns on the same day.

But hey, good luck, perhaps he has a lucky punch and get’s Rolling.

Teffe

I really don't get what the fuss is about. I know I shouldn't believe all I read but didn't even the President in Leganes say he's happy about the outcome? They got like 4-5x his value in that transfer with decent backups.

So many people on here just jumps to the conclusion that Barca have screwed Leganes, while the people in and around Leganes doesn´t.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
We had Bakambu on a plane coming to Barcelona, they told him to turn back to China.
Everything was sealed and done with Angel for ~10M, even Getafe while obviously not too happy, were somewhat satisfied with selling him for his release clause, but the board shot the deal down apparently due to his age (gonna turn 33), but that played in our favour, pay 9 millions, give him 1 or 2 seasons of contract and move on.
And they end up signing a worse player than Angel, for a bigger transfer fee, that screws a lot more the selling team and with an almot 5 year contract, to a player that's 28 y/o.

This board is just mental, not to mention that our "warchest" to go for Lautaro this summer just got 20M smalle, due to a player that, if we eventually sign Lautaro, will be 3rd choice behind Lautaro and Suarez and will get less than 200 minutes next year.

TheReligion

Abusive
We had Bakambu on a plane coming to Barcelona, they told him to turn back to China.
Everything was sealed and done with Angel for ~10M, even Getafe while obviously not too happy, were somewhat satisfied with selling him for his release clause, but the board shot the deal down apparently due to his age (gonna turn 33), but that played in our favour, pay 9 millions, give him 1 or 2 seasons of contract and move on.
And they end up signing a worse player than Angel, for a bigger transfer fee, that screws a lot more the selling team and with an almot 5 year contract, to a player that's 28 y/o.

This board is just mental, not to mention that our "warchest" to go for Lautaro this summer just got 20M smalle, due to a player that, if we eventually sign Lautaro, will be 3rd choice behind Lautaro and Suarez and will get less than 200 minutes next year.
Would you swap him for Ighalo?

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Would you swap him for Ighalo?
Probably, Ighalo is a more proven player.

Beats the purpose though, when we had Bakambu's loan already done with us and I rate him higher than Ighalo and Braithwaite, somehow we end up with the worst option and one of the most expensive. I can only thank god we didn't pay 70+M for Rodrigo or 60M for Willian Jose.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I really don't get what the fuss is about. I know I shouldn't believe all I read but didn't even the President in Leganes say he's happy about the outcome? They got like 4-5x his value in that transfer with decent backups.

So many people on here just jumps to the conclusion that Barca have screwed Leganes, while the people in and around Leganes doesn´t.
Yes, the director was cool with it

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Never seen him play but he's been bang average whenever I've played as Denmark on Pro Evo.
I had issues with him in pro evo but went to edit player and now he's as good as Neymar for 1/10 the salary. ;)

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This is the most amazing thing which i saw in years. Despite having shit load of players plus youth team, Barca are allowed to buy new player. On top of that club which is going to be relegated because of that, can't sign anybody.

Amazing amazing stuff. Imagine being Leganes fan?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
And there's no way this cant be abused in the future by fake medical reports.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
As a Dane this is both quite exciting and absolutely hilarious. He is barely good enough to feature for the national team, but now he will be playing with Messi and co :lol: I look forward to seeing how this will pan out.
It reminds me of when Ragnar Sigurðsson (FCK) was frequently linked to Liverpool after the last Euros and then they bought Ragnar Klavan instead or "the wrong Ragnar" :lol:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
19 starts and only 2 goals this season tells us everything thats wrong with Barca at the moment. Looking clueless again tonight. Messi won’t even pass him:D They have Dembele and Griezmann on the bench.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He scored 4 goals the season before Barcelona signed him at Leganes. I know he was a total panic buy — was it something like they could only buy from La Liga clubs as it was mid season emergency injury(?) — but bloody hell. You’d have at least thought he was doing well before they signed him

Giggs' right foot

He scored 4 goals the season before Barcelona signed him at Leganes. I know he was a total panic buy — was it something like they could only buy from La Liga clubs as it was mid season emergency injury(?) — but bloody hell. You’d have at least thought he was doing well before they signed him
4 goals and 7 assists - in a team that managed 37 goals. That’s almost 30% of all their goals he had an involvement in. It’s important to look at the team he played for, and not just the stats - that Leganes-team wasn’t exactly the right place to be as a striker, if you wanted to be judged purely on goals scored.

I’m danish so I’m so very buzzed for the lad and I do have a soft spot for him - but I acknowledge how €18million for him is maybe €10million too much and yes - he’s very lucky to have been the chosen one, because he isn’t traditional Barça-quality.

That being said - two great assists today.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Even with this mediocre Barca, he sticks out badly. Just playing in team way beyond his talent.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His first assist today was pretty good

Cloud7

The only Braithwaite who did anything significant in sport in recent times was Carlos.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Is this guy any good then?

Asking cos this video is ripping the piss out of him.

Chief123

He’s doing what we all want the Barca players being forced out to do. He’s got 2 years left on his contract and is refusing to budge from leaving by terminating his contract. He’s insisting on being paid out in full. At the moment his salary is going towards the la liga restriction cap. Good on him!

It really is bizarre how Barca and their fans believe just because this mess was created by the previous president, that they are not accountable anymore and everyone should participate in fixing the mess they created.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNbYbx53

city-puma

He’s doing what we all want the Barca players being forced out to do. He’s got 2 years left on his contract and is refusing to budge from leaving by terminating his contract. He’s insisting on being paid out in full. At the moment his salary is going towards the la liga restriction cap. Good on him!

It really is bizarre how Barca and their fans believe just because this mess was created by the previous president, that they are not accountable anymore and everyone should participate in fixing the mess they created.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNbYbx53
I heard Umtiti and Neto and many others in the same situation, right?

Chief123

I heard Umtiti and Neto and many others in the same situation, right?
Yeah. They are being named as shameless due to them asking for what they are rightfully owed. It seems like Frenkie has taken a similar stance too.