Martin Svidersky

dr.twinny

Nothing to write home about, but it's early days and he just returned from a longterm injury. It'll take him about a month to hopefully get the match sharpness back and then we'll see the best of him.
Cheers Adnan. Hopefully he won't be out for too long.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What is his best position in your opinion?
I've only seen him play a few times, but last time I was down at Carrington to watch the young lads play. I bumped into a Slovakian chap who knew him well, and described him as a creative #8 in the box to box mold.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I've only seen him play a few times, but last time I was down at Carrington to watch the young lads play. I bumped into a Slovakian chap who knew him well, and described him as a creative #8 in the box to box mold.
He might well have earned it, he may have been one of the first chosen, but was wondering when Zidane Iqbal got his scholarship if he got it as much because the club were unsure when Martin Svidersky would be back from his long-term injury as on ability and the chance he may progress at the club - they are so similar in style and position they play, though Iqbal has played left-back recently, and Svidersky has played on the wing back in Slovakia.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He might well have earned it, he may have been one of the first chosen, but was wondering when Zidane Iqbal got his scholarship if he got it as much because the club were unsure when Martin Svidersky would be back from his long-term injury as on ability and the chance he may progress at the club - they are so similar in style and position they play, though Iqbal has played left-back recently, and Svidersky has played on the wing back in Slovakia.
I'm not sure about Iqbal and his scholarship just yet, due to not many really talking about him in my social circle. But I will ask next time I'm down there. But as far as Svidersky and his position is concerned, he could be deployed in a number of positions due to the talent we currently have at u18 level. And LW might be a position he occupies in the current team. He's pretty good in that position if his showing at youth level is anything to go by when playing for Slovakia. Mejbri also looks like he will play a considerable amount at u23 level this season so that could open up another slot for Svidersky who is very highly thought of at United and word is that we signed him ahead of some very big clubs. so that shows how well he had been playing at youth level to garner such attention.

Class of 63

Sourness
I'm not sure about Iqbal and his scholarship just yet, due to not many really talking about him in my social circle. But I will ask next time I'm down there. But as far as Svidersky and his position is concerned, he could be deployed in a number of positions due to the talent we currently have at u18 level. And LW might be a position he occupies in the current team. He's pretty good in that position if his showing at youth level is anything to go by when playing for Slovakia. Mejbri also looks like he will play a considerable amount at u23 level this season so that could open up another slot for Svidersky who is very highly thought of at United and word is that we signed him ahead of some very big clubs. so that shows how well he had been playing at youth level to garner such attention.
He's grown a bit since the last time I saw him but I was impressed with Iqbal for the hour he was on the pitch yesterday, considering it was his debut in an away match in a team not thrown together, but a lot of lads who probably needed games, he did well - the kid has got to lose the tash though, the eyebrow coming down for a drink look is never good.

And Svidersky, who only completed his first full-match for the club on Saturday is coming along nicely after such a long lay off, read some weren't impressed with him, not really sure what they were expecting.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's grown a bit since the last time I saw him but I was impressed with Iqbal for the hour he was on the pitch yesterday, considering it was his debut in an away match in a team not thrown together, but a lot of lads who probably needed games, he did well - the kid has got to lose the tash though, the eyebrow coming down for a drink look is never good.

And Svidersky, who only completed his first full-match for the club on Saturday is coming along nicely after such a long lay off, read some weren't impressed with him, not really sure what they were expecting.
Svidersky suffered a horrendous injury and was out for a whole year. It's gonna take awhile for him to get back upto speed, because at his age his muscles haven't even fully developed and people judging him off his first game back are obviously not being reasonable which doesn't surprise me tbh.

Class of 63

Sourness
Svidersky suffered a horrendous injury and was out for a whole year. It's gonna take awhile for him to get back upto speed, because at his age his muscles haven't even fully developed and people judging him off his first game back are obviously not being reasonable which doesn't surprise me tbh.
I must have read some of the comments about him on another forum because the worst I could find on here was yours in this thread on Monday saying his performance(presumably on the Saturday) was nothing to write home about ;)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I must have read some of the comments about him on another forum because the worst I could find on here was yours in this thread on Monday saying his performance(presumably on the Saturday) was nothing to write home about ;)
I did provide context if you read the post in question again..