Martin Tyler - Best Football Commentator Ever?

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I think the man is the best football commentator in the world and when he's into the mood of the game he really lets himself explode which i love most (Martial goal - ohhhhhhhh yesssss, Macheda goal). It just makes those goals more memorable with a famous voice screaming down the microphone and when we look back to Martial's goal in years gone by we will always remember that voice.

Not to mention that Agueroooooo goal which even as United fan sends a few shivers down my spine at how en-captivating it is.

I personally think the man is a legend and it will be a very sad day to see him pass - he brings the magic to football matches that most people dont.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
My scale for judging football commentators usually runs from slightly irritating through to can't-listen-to-them irritating. I don't find Tyler irritating at all though, so that's high praise.

izec

Not really, maybe English, but there are some good foreign ones.

I enjoy Stewart Gardner and Paddy personally, always say what i want to hear.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's not even the best commentator in his house.

RedCurry

English commentators have hugely contributed to the popularity of Premier League around the world. Martin Tyler is probably the best of all the commentators not only due to his memorable moments but all little things that make a great neutral commentator.

I know I can't stand watching more than 1-2 La Liga games consecutively just because the commentators are either too loud or too boring.

R'hllor

He is just a glory hunter,Martial goal vs Liverpool is pure example.Everything was set up for him,he just waited that moment,all calculated,nothing honest came from him in that Martial moment,he knows that those moments will be must show in future clips and thats all he cares,legacy,so people dont forget his voice.

How many great goals,important goals he commentated like he is on funeral,he just couldnt be bothered but he has his eye on those debut ones.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
He is just a glory hunter,Martial goal vs Liverpool is pure example.Everything was set up for him,he just waited that moment,all calculated,nothing honest came from him in that Martial moment,he knows that those moments will be must show in future clips and thats all he cares,legacy,so people dont forget his voice.

How many great goals,important goals he commentated like he is on funeral,he just couldnt be bothered but he has his eye on those debut ones.
Jesus christ who got you mad today?

Boycott

Tyler has been great commentator though a bit like Motty in his last years he's not so good anymore. I'd say Alan Parry is the best Sky commentator now.

Ian Darke is very good too. Shame BT are trying to make 'Fletch' a staple. Darke is better.

Charlie Foley

Clive was great back in the day. Might have more to do with him being there for the right moments.I'm calling him Clive because my phone is being difficult about his surname.

For Irish people on here, the greatest commentator of any sport was Michael O Muircheartaigh. the man could read the phonebook and it would be captivating. He'd have a story about everyone in it too! But that's for another thread.

rotherham_red

I'm sorry but no football commentator will ever come close to Barry Davies. Not now, not ever.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

Well, he does support Woking...

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Tyler is fantastic. Always amuses me how fans of every club complain about how biased hes against them. When it comes to those special moments he's truly brilliant.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Tyler has some classic lines but for the most part I think he's shit. So many games I've watched when he's commentating and when a goal is scored he reacts about 3 seconds later with "... and x has scored" in the most dour unenthusiastic voice imaginable.

FujiVice

Clive Tyldseley's career died when he said this. My toes still havent un-curled.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
Martin Tyler is the man. He speaks well, the pace of his narrative is attractive, he does not go phony crazy over trivial matters (as American announcers in other sports so often do), and does not aimlessly chatter when he has nothing to say. Legend. King.

spwd

Can't stand the tw@t, if we're winning 16 nil he'd still manage to come out with lots of negative comments about us.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Really like listening to Alan Smith he's probably my fav atm, Sky commentary is so much better than BT.

Deleted member 101472

Arlo white is pretty good on North American channels . Shame they usually partner him up with someone horrible .

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think the man is the best football commentator in the world and when he's into the mood of the game he really lets himself explode which i love most (Martial goal - ohhhhhhhh yesssss, Macheda goal). It just makes those goals more memorable with a famous voice screaming down the microphone and when we look back to Martial's goal in years gone by we will always remember that voice.

Not to mention that Agueroooooo goal which even as United fan sends a few shivers down my spine at how en-captivating it is.

I personally think the man is a legend and it will be a very sad day to see him pass - he brings the magic to football matches that most people dont.
GTFO.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Owen is my personal favourite.
Which Owen though?

Hargreaves who's so anti United and sounds like a bitter Cnut or, Michael whose the most boring commentator ever.

I quite like fletch and even savage who do BT sport matches but Tyler has being going for an age now