Martin Tyler

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
In this case an excuse for his own narcissism. 18 year old wonderkid scores in the Kop against you and he reacts like that and you'd be spitting feathers.
It's not really his narcissism though, it's more Sky's. He's been the voice of their Premier League coverage from the very beginning and putting his voice to big Premier League moments helps make them big Sky Sports moments by extension.

AFC NimbleThumb

the state of sky commentary.

he blocked a shot on the line with his arm - he stopped ‘that’ goalscoring opportunity.

maybe i’m wrong. can somebody let me know. can a ref play on & give a red card? or only yellow? i always thought this was a fifa bug.

[p.s. unsure whether justified new thread or resurrection]

R'hllor

Cant wait for the day when fart finally retires, chasing some kind of immortality with his fake commentary of specific targeted moments.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
He's been going down hill ever since Andy Gray was fired. They had clearly defined roles where Tyler would stick completely to commentary.

Now, you have a setup where the co-commentator likes to start a discussion and thus Tyler gets completely sidetracked and forgets to commentate the actual game.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I have no problem with him. He has attributed to many of the PL greatest moments. On the other hand you have pundits like Souness, Jamie Redknapp, Merson and Charlie Nicholas who really speak nothing but drivel.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Just made the claim that Lukaku took martial's #9 off him for the second game in a row...

El Zoido

Nothing against him, he’s a commentator whose job it is to hype up the events on the pitch. Neville turning in to a scouser is far more annoying.

PyroMan

Doesn't he have a liking for us? Surprised to hear he supports Arsenal considering how hyped up he gets for our goals.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Nothing against him, he’s a commentator whose job it is to hype up the events on the pitch. Neville turning in to a scouser is far more annoying.
The perm really doesn't suit him.

Josep Dowling

Doesn't he have a liking for us? Surprised to hear he supports Arsenal considering how hyped up he gets for our goals.
He supports Woking I think. He just loves creating a story. My issue with him now is we are crap and have been for years yet we are put on this mantle that every defeat is a shock.

IRELANDUNITED

He managed to mention that Liverpool have officially overtaken us in terms of major honors since we last played them. I'm not sure if it's even true or not because some count the charity shields and some don't?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He managed to mention that Liverpool have officially overtaken us in terms of major honors since we last played them. I'm not sure if it's even true or not because some count the charity shields and some don't?
If you don't count the shield and "supercups", both Liverpool and United are on 42 (we're on 44 if you include the defunct intercontinental cup and the World Club Cup which Liverpool haven't won either of, though those are pretty much supercups too)

Including all shields and supercups we're on 66 and Liverpool are on 61.

If you discount shields, but include supercups, we're on 45, Liverpool are on 46

I don't know why you'd discount the shield, but not the supercups. They're the same thing. A playoff between 2 winners.

IRELANDUNITED

If you don't count the shield and "supercups", both Liverpool and United are on 42 (we're on 44 if you include the defunct intercontinental cup and the World Club Cup which Liverpool haven't won either of, though those are pretty much supercups too)

Including all shields and supercups we're on 66 and Liverpool are on 61.

If you discount shields, but include supercups, we're on 45, Liverpool are on 46

I don't know why you'd discount the shield, but not the supercups. They're the same thing. A playoff between 2 winners.
Yeah I fully agree with you, I found it strange that Tyler decided to say live on TV that Liverpool had undoubtedly overtaken us as the holders of the most major honors, I always felt there was a bit of a Liverpool fan in him.

cyberman

He hates VAR and refuses to learn how it works.
Old man and technology huh..