Martin Tyler

El Jefe

Full Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2012
Messages
2,921
I think he's been awful to listen to for about 5 years now. No matter how entertaining the game is he spends about 70% of the time talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the match he should be commentating on. The other 30% is spent looking for another "aguerooooo" moment.
 

Nero

Full Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
2,221
You knew it was over a few years ago when he reached the John Motson stage of laughing at his own comments.
 

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
20,593
Location
Dublin
Him and Andy Gray were good in the 90s. Its about time he was given a pat on the back and sent on his way.
 

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Joined
Mar 14, 2011
Messages
45,841
Foden cam :lol:

What is it with the media insisting on hyping up our young talents.
 

Coops73

Full Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2013
Messages
2,863
He’s become a parody of himself, looking desperately for a sound bite in every game. Boring.
 

croadyman

Full Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
16,587
Yeah and then takes great pleasure in telling us that 93.20 will be woven into new City kit, oh feck off you over the hill commentator and let someone younger and less biased towards City take your place
 

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
32,373
Location
Targaryen loyalist
He adores City because his biggest moment is attached to them. Twat was even quoting himself today.
 

stevoc

Full Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2011
Messages
15,894
Should have retired 10 years ago. He can't even seem to muster much enthusiasm for his stupid catchphrase anymore.

''And it's.. well not pre-recorded''
 

croadyman

Full Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
16,587
Should have retired 10 years ago. He can't even seem to muster much enthusiasm for his stupid catchphrase anymore.

''And it's.. well not pre-recorded''
Yeah should have been sent to UAE with the other two
 

Chairman Steve

Full Member
Joined
May 9, 2018
Messages
4,249
He adores City because his biggest moment is attached to them. Twat was even quoting himself today.
Probably got paid handsomely by them to gush over them or risk being khashoggied

I will say he’s more bearable when it’s not a Sky gig, so Murdoch cronies are feeding him a narrative to follow.
 

cyberman

Full Member
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
27,779
Whats with this forced record of matching Rooneys 1 club goal tally thats hes pushing? If you have to limit Waynes total then its not much of a record.
 

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Joined
Nov 21, 2014
Messages
6,442
Location
Salford
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
"Bobby Firmino" this "Bobby Firmino" that. bobby, Bobby BOBBY. This cnut Tyler is fecking insufferable with his dribbling over this weird mouthed wanker.
 

Offsideagain

Full Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
1,433
Location
Cheshire
He is a dinosaur but not as bad as Darren Fletcher on BT. He never ever shuts up, rabbits on about all sorts of crap .
 

cyberman

Full Member
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
27,779
Leicester are fighting for top 4 but there is another way they can qualify for the CL... By finishing second.

Thats a Tyler quote from last night. Moron.
 

Coleyoscar

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Jan 1, 2018
Messages
147
He is a dinosaur but not as bad as Darren Fletcher on BT. He never ever shuts up, rabbits on about all sorts of crap .
Couldn't agree more. This is so true about Darren Fletcher.
Listening to him spouting endless waffle, meaningless statistics and "Interesting Facts" ( anyone remember Peter Cook?) is painful.
What idiot showed him how to use Google?
 

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
31,468
He's become a joke, was once a great commentator
 
Joined
May 22, 2017
Messages
13,122
Feck off Tyler. Well past his best. His “and it’s live” catchphrase is so tired, and it seems to take it out of him when he says it.
 

Chairman Steve

Full Member
Joined
May 9, 2018
Messages
4,249
Every time I see this thread bumped, I keep hoping “finally the old closet gooner is retiring” but it’s another cringe moment.
 

Acole9

Outstanding
Joined
Feb 17, 2013
Messages
12,107
That was so cringe worthy. Hilarious because they were having sound issues so you could barely hear it anyway.