Martin Tyler

Member 125288

I'm not sure whether it's a generation thing or social media has put a spotlight on it. Personally, I think it's the latter.
It is 100% a generational thing borne largely out of the dramatic quality of life improvements that have benefitted each subsequent generation post-WWII.

If we end up in another recession and we get anywhere near 1979-levels of inflation, all of this pointless virtue-signalling, and faux social media outrage will disappear largely overnight, because people will have genuine, meaningful things to worry about, like not losing their homes and jobs, and being able to feed their families.

Ricardo de la Vega

I don’t see why this forum hates him so much. “He should’ve been retired by now”.

So he’s 76 and has the audacity to not want to sit at home watching cash in the attic. What’s the problem? Some people seem to want older folks to shuffle off into a home once they hit 55, like that old peter Kay advert.
Yeah I dont get this. He's no worse at the job than he was 20/30 years ago and as an old fart I quite like listening to voices I used to listen to in days gone by. But lets get rid because e's old. Weird that people think old people ought to just gracefully slide off into nothingness for some reason.

Tommy79

What could other mean if he wasn’t using Hillsborough as an example of hooliganism? We could change commas around but we could also realise we don’t use commas in actual speech.
Scousers have a right to be offended over this imo. I have no idea who Tyler is apart from the 90 minutes on tv or what he believes in so he really does need to explain himself.
So let's see if I got this right, people are REALLY crying over a word, as put what he said into a timeline, and he is correct, as hooliganism, started to die off (winter 88/89) prior to the 15th April 89, part in thanks to E tabs as many ex firm members, police and Doctors have all attested to.

Remember those old enough will, EPL was first mooted after the Heysel Stadium disaster (May85) and again a year later when we had the fire breakout in the stands at the Bradford home game, and one of the reasons used after that as to why the grounds were in such poor conditions was the owners were blaming the never ending cost on hooliganism.

PS: And yes as much as they can't handle the truth, liverpool fans did play their part in both 85 and the 89 tragedies and were one of the leading gangs of hooligans back then, as they were the ones who forced 36 Italians, 2 French lad's and an Irishman into the weaker parts of that ground by charging at them, and it wasn't to give them tea and biscuits.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's doing my head in. The ass kissing is well over the top.

Tyrion

He needs to hurry up and die.
When I saw this, I assumed it was an angry newbie. Not you. :lol:

It was obscene how much he was reacting today :lol: there's looking for soundbytes and then there's whatever he was waffling on about today.
I did roll my eyes when he responded to Neville saying "United's forwards and midfielders keep losing the ball" by saying "but they are getting on the ball" as if there was still any suspense to that game.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Listen to the commentary for our third here and compare it to what he was like for any of City's goals today:

Like he was doing play by play of the queen's fecking funeral. Doesn't even pretend to not fecking hate us.

Last edited:

Coops73

It was obscene how much he was reacting today :lol: there's looking for soundbytes and then there's whatever he was waffling on about today.
The anti United vibe from Sky at the minute is so obvious and embarrassing, even Neville has read the memo. feck ‘em.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He’s shockingly bad.
Yep. Just posted this.
Martin Tyler bleating about this showing it isn't a one team league while this result all but confirms 5 out of 6 league titles for a team that is on the verge of a treble, all whilst that team is facing over 100 charges of basically cheating.

He is absolutely done in this job.

Chairman Steve

Had trouble trying to conceal his goonerness today and he’s old as feck.

And yeah the Sky Premier League cult stuff is annoying to watch, although I don’t wholly blame him for that. I just hate Sky’s sanctimonious approach with all of their personalities. They went off the deep end when they lost the Champions League to BT.

madzo2007

His voice just seems tired and on the verge of going now. He's definitely well past his best and it might be time to bow out and give others a shot at the number one spot on Sky

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'm not sure about this favouring Arsenal stuff. Is there any proof? I know Liverpool fans always think he's against them. He's definitely had some uninspired reactions to our goals over the years, but I think most teams probably feel the same.

He's just not good anymore. And definitely sounded a bit exhausted today.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Martin Keown was on the radio yesterday moaning about Tyler, saying how anti Arsenal he is.

Does any clubs fans not think Tyler hates them?