Martin Tyler

You know, I don't mind Souness. As a Liverpool man he has no liking for United, but he is respectful and often refers to us as the biggest club in the world. Redknapp, on the other hand, is very bitter.

IrishRedDevil

He isn’t bias, he just wants the romantic narrative, he loves the hyperbole. He probably spent all last week working on his little wordplays for City winning the title. He came out with one ‘the pass masters against the past masters’ United ruined his weeks work with his little notebook.
:lol: So true.

Absolutely nobody in the media prepared for a United win. Everyone including Sky had the party poppers at the ready. Not today lads, not today :devil:

Northstand

Surprised no one’s mentioned his comment when Herrera made a bit of a meal of a challenge and Tyler said something like “he’s a thespian of epic proportions”. It’s simply not the sort of comment that is normally made about any layer, and betrayed his annoyance at the fact the game was not panning out as he hoped.

Sterling Archer

The advertisement on this thread i keep seeing the last few minutes is for dating single moms...'moms get naughty' . I don't know how thats related to Martin Tyler but I don't like it.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Can’t stand the bloke. Just commentate on the game ffs, not every moment has to be a fairytale.

superdry

touched by a genius
Feck you useless twats for calling Martin Tyler useless or shite, the guy is an absolute treasure and is the ironic voice of your shite league. Get your heads out of your biased arses and be grateful! :p
Stifle thyself you Teutonic twerp.

Cliche Guevara

The advertisement on this thread i keep seeing the last few minutes is for dating single moms...'moms get naughty' . I don't know how thats related to Martin Tyler but I don't like it.
Yeah, careful with that. I was going to ask on a couple of occasions if people were seeing the same ads I was. I then realised if it was connected to my search activity it could be a bit embarrassing.

Red00012

I genuinely think it’s sky not Martin Tyler , he does fa cup games for Eir Sport in Ireland and his commentary is so subdued compared to sky ..his tone is low and there’s none of this Agueroooooo rubbish.
On top of that sky wanted the title win today it was derby day as they called it so they could witness city winning against their rivals.
Lastly why weren’t the pundits in the box as opposed to the touchline.Did they want to be part of the celebrations ? I’m glad I’m not a sky customer.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Ah yes, the classic 'Martin Tyler hates us' thread that can be found on every top 6 club's forum.

Brightonian

He's not biased for or against any team as far as I can tell, but he does look forward to whichever outcome might make for a 'famous moment' and get his voice immortalised. He was dying to be able to shout 'Aguerooooo' again today.

decorativeed

Obviously he isn't bias because a human can't be bias itself.

Worse than "could of"/"should of" imo
Classic case of people writing what they think they are hearing rather than thinking about what the word means that they are writing.

Also, as I might have mentioned here before, I've spent a few hours with Martin Tyler through work and he's a nice guy and has (luckily) a good sense of humour about how every club has fans who think he hates them! I reminded him of my favourite Tyler moment: "Machedaaaaaa!"

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's not biased.
He's looking at a preplanned narrative to sell.

RonaldoVII

Don't think he has anything against us but he was desperate for the script. Probably had loads of stuff pre-written to say at full time and we thankfully ruined it.

Member 55725

"Machedaaaaa"
"Agueroooooo"
Brilliant. The man is a genius.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Could be worse - the commentator I listened to was talking about Pep's collar, FGS.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Definitely wanted the sound byte, although I was slightly worried we'd set ourselves up for even worse celebrations if they got a last minute winner.

lsd

The Oracle
He is not biased but so hard to listen too how many times could he mention city beating QPR 3.2 ?

Neville is far worse though i totally despise him commentating on us .I would prefer Souness over him at this point

Maccataq

When the score was at 2-2 and he quoted Alf Ramsay’s 1966 full-time team talk “you’ve won it once, now go out there and win it again” I was almost sick in my mouth.
Haha, that was so laboured and contrived. That game had extra time and an opportunity to actually talk to the team. Surprised he wasn't quoting Churchill after that...

stevoc

You're a bunch of miserable bastards, aren't you?
To be fair having to listen to cringy shite like this for an hour and a half will make most people a miserable twat.

When the score was at 2-2 and he quoted Alf Ramsay’s 1966 full-time team talk “you’ve won it once, now go out there and win it again” I was almost sick in my mouth.
When city strung a few passes together he said something like "we are watching the pass masters against the past masters". The knob.
Surprised no one’s mentioned his comment when Herrera made a bit of a meal of a challenge and Tyler said something like “he’s a thespian of epic proportions”. It’s simply not the sort of comment that is normally made about any layer, and betrayed his annoyance at the fact the game was not panning out as he hoped.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"And it's REHEARSED!"

The Irish Connection

Yeah, he wrecks my head. How Gary Neville kept quiet I don't know, especially when we scored the winner haha

el3mel

Why are we moaning about Martin Tyler? He's not biased, he just likes the sound of his own voice and great moments. Remember Macheda? Martial?
Agree. Some of his commnts for us was great tbh. He just loves his voice that's all.

Sterling Archer

Yeah, careful with that. I was going to ask on a couple of occasions if people were seeing the same ads I was. I then realised if it was connected to my search activity it could be a bit embarrassing.
Now it's 'Pick your black girls '. I've honestly not been searching for either of these . I swear!

Apokalips

And was I dreaming, or did they really splice in a playback of Kompany's other goal from all those years ago??!! I mean, for feck sake!
You definitely were not dreaming. Gary Neville even added to it saying how Smalling was probably thinking of that header and how Kompany got behind him so he was overly keen to make sure that wouldn't happen, which then let Kompany get on the inside of him to head in this time...mind boggling

ChaddyP

feck sake you lot moaning about Martin Tyler . Go have a talk with yourselves

oz insomniac

A commercial radio station here is Sydney has changed format to sports, and for the first time broadcast Talking Sport over night and covers the PL. woke up to tune in and managed about 15 minutes ( it was 2.30am), and dont know who the commentator was, but extremely biased and quite derisory agst Utd.
Is there an agenda in the media, because even BBC world service suffers from the same disease when broadcasting Man Utd games, and that's not counting it's massively leftish stance on everything else.