Martin Tyler

Bojan11

Wow, are people seriously suggesting there was a hint of racism about Tyler's frank bruno remark?!

I'm going to sound like a boomer, but feck me its PC gone mad!!!
It is.

Also Tyler is fine. Not sure what the moaning is about. Liverpool fans moan he is biased to us. City fans moan he is biased towards Liverpool. We moan he is biased towards City.

He will go down as one of the greatest commentators in history.

Now Fletch on BT is awful. The guy does not have a clue.

fezzerUTD

I want bias. I want Gary Neville. I think his tactical analyses of matches is unparalleled. I also think he's really funny.
Erm Gary Neville goes to the other end of extreme to show he isn't bias thats the irony of my post. It's like he has to prove he's not being bias :confused: . And tactics are way over done and boring but thats down to personal preferences.

Dr Fink

Sorry, but he comes across as thick as two short planks to me. There are better out there and worse.

Wing Attack Plan R

Erm Gary Neville goes to the other end of extreme to show he isn't bias thats the irony of my post. It's like he has to prove he's not being bias :confused: . And tactics are way over done and boring but thats down to personal preferences.
OK, I will amend my earlier wish: I want Gary Neville UNCHAINED. I want them to tell him, Gary, you only need to focus on United, you don't need to pretend anymore! That would be great. And, as you said, personal preferences and all, but I like the analysis.

Snuffkin

Pat Nevin annoys me on the radio. Nice player, crap commentator.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Barry Davies.
Barry did a quiz night at our sports club years ago.

Thoroughly nice man, so knowledgable on a variety of sports.

Just remember his commentary when Hughes banged in another great volley, “lovely goal, lovely goal.”

poleglass red

Gerald Sinstadt was good back in the day, his choice of post games cinemas probably wasn't, but he knew his stuff.

dogwithabone

David Coleman was a superb commentator, it wasn’t useless information with him. He was able to set the scene perfectly and some of those early 1970’s FA Cup finals were memorable. No one could exclaim ”1-0” quite like him !

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Barry Davies and Brian Moore are the two best I've listened to. John Motson and Martin Tyler in their respective prime were top shelf. I sort of have a soft spot for Martin Tyler as he's often the voice of World Cups and some European Championships for Aussie audiences where he just calls the game and doesn't worry about pushing a narrative as he's often criticised for here.

Last edited:

Stevondo8

Martin Tyler, he just can’t be bothered any more can he? Only bit he gets excited for now is the annoying “...and it’s LIVE” before the final pre- match ad break.

US commentary (which I in no way ever stream) is much better I reckon (Arlo White I think is the main guy, normally with Lee Dixon and Graeme le Saux), US studio punditry significantly worse however.

neilv93

My god, this man is insufferable. Just started yapping on about some awful joke to do with Ceballos being a hairdresser and awkwardly reminding Alan Smith that no one laughed at it when he said it on Saturday... terrible. He peaked with *that* Aguero goal and now just constantly tries to create soundbites alongside the annoyingly-overdone "AND ITS LIVE" 'catchphrase'.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
My god, this man is insufferable. Just started yapping on about some awful joke to do with Ceballos being a hairdresser and awkwardly reminding Alan Smith that no one laughed at it when he said it on Saturday... terrible. He peaked with *that* Aguero goal and now just constantly tries to create soundbites alongside the annoyingly-overdone "AND ITS LIVE" 'catchphrase'.
I think he is alright. He is getting old though and sometimes you can tell when he goes off on a tangent like tonight

also don’t forget Martial debut goal was more recent than Aguero, and that was great commentary

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I thought it was quite funny, his Alan Smith accent was on point

neilv93

I think he is alright. He is getting old though and sometimes you can tell when he goes off on a tangent like tonight

also don’t forget Martial debut goal was more recent than Aguero, and that was great commentary
Ah, a very fair point. However, still not a fan of him for the past 3/4 years. That said, not sure there are many great options to replace him as the voice of the PL - Daniel Mann is pretty good I guess.

Guiseppe Rossi

Did anyone else notice that whenever minamino had possession he called him Salah? Even after Salah had gone off he still did it

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He had a mare that day. Also was spouting nonsense about Alan Smiths wife making his packed lunch

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I've never seen a team who were hammered get verbally sucked off like Tyler did for Leeds today.

United pile forward for the 40th time: "Oh Leeds, your shite defence is a joy to behold. Bravo! Bravo!"

Coleyoscar

Martin Tyler has an amazing habit of making every comment about United a negative one. Watch out for it the next time he covers one of our games.

el3mel

I've never seen a team who were hammered get verbally sucked off like Tyler did for Leeds today.

United pile forward for the 40th time: "Oh Leeds, your shite defence is a joy to behold. Bravo! Bravo!"
I felt like everyone wanted Leeds to desperately make a comeback in this one even if they were getting schooled by us.

Bielsa is such a lucky man.

Ludens the Red

Yup, I mentioned it in the matchday thread . It was surreal, never seen a team take a hammering like it and be praised more than the team dishing out the hammering. Even Neville was at it but I sort of get he just wants to not come across bias so goes ott in the other direction.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's funny how all the dippers think he supports us.
Classic football fans mentality. Always thinking they're hard done by.

Tyler today did seem incapable of understanding that going gungho against a much better team when already being battered isn't brilliant - it's insanity.

Djemba-Djemba

Martin Tyler has an amazing habit of making every comment about United a negative one. Watch out for it the next time he covers one of our games.
I noticed in the first 20 minutes, when we were 3-0 up, he'd managed to mention Leeds winning the title in the 70s the same season Utd were relegated, Leeds knocking us out the FA Cup in 2010 and the fact it was something like the 70th anniversary of Leeds biggest win over Utd.

He did my fecking head in all game, the first time he gave us any credit all day was 90 seconds into injury time.

Maccataq

He did manage to mention we played well in the dying minutes!

Still not as insufferable as the De Bruyne, De Gea, De - rby line the other week, deary me!

cyberman

I noticed in the first 20 minutes, when we were 3-0 up, he'd managed to mention Leeds winning the title in the 70s the same season Utd were relegated, Leeds knocking us out the FA Cup in 2010 and the fact it was something like the 70th anniversary of Leeds biggest win over Utd.

He did my fecking head in all game, the first time he gave us any credit all day was 90 seconds into injury time.
He had all the stats lined up that were dead after 3 minutes. He had to use them up