Martin Tyler | Retiring

Oranges038

Just Google his injury. It makes up for it.
I know what happened, it was a shame because he was coming into his prime. Doesn't mean he has to sound so dour all the time.

I think it's also his voice that makes it worse, maybe he just naturally sounds miserable.

big rons sovereign

I know what happened, it was a shame because he was coming into his prime. Doesn't mean he has to sound so dour all the time.

I think it's also his voice that makes it worse, maybe he just naturally sounds miserable.
No, I mean if I have to endure his commentary for a game. I like to picture him in pain to make up for the mind numbing tosh he's muttering.

His voice is very Bob geldoff like.
Just give us yer feckin money....

Remember the geese

"It's A+... Alexander... Arnold".

"I don't know about Emerson Royal...Entertainment Royal".

Just a couple of gems I noticed. Tinged with smuggery. Cringe.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I actually like Jim Beglin's voice. At least he doesn't sound like a parrot and doesn't irritate me. Good foil for Drury, too.

Chairman Steve

He’s so intolerable these days. Laughs at his own lines. Dreadful puns and just excessive editoralising.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Talk about being neutral and the spectacle all you want, Martin, but you're blatantly ABU...

Pissing himself for Leeds goals and basically depressed for ours, including a late-ish go ahead 3-2 goal.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Talk about being neutral and the spectacle all you want, Martin, but you're blatantly ABU...

Pissing himself for Leeds goals and basically depressed for ours, including a late-ish go ahead 3-2 goal.
He was depressed when Maguire scored, and fine he was clearly into it when Leeds equalised, fine that is drama and I get that, but a late 3-2 goal is also dramatic?

Ludens the Red

I never normally buy this but today was so hilariously noticeable :lol:
The contrast in emotion in reacting to our goals to there’s.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I swear that I have seen fans of Liverpool & Chelsea say the same thing about him with similar videos. Think the actual answer is that he just has these moments where he is flat and then he has moments where ge gets very excited . I am sure there are a lot of United goals he has shouted for previously

AFC NimbleThumb

The guy was the main protagonist in the ‘Arsenal best footballing side’ agenda when they’d win nothing & we regularly bested them. I’m surprised it’s took people this long to know this dinosaur has no place near United games, absolute gobshite.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He’s really finished. Peter Drury is by far the number one commentator these days.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tyler lives for the narrative.

Today Leeds coming back and beating us was the story.

I don’t really think he’s against us, it’s just the under dog winning is skys wet dream.

Red00012

He really wanted that no goal from a corner stat to go to 200 judging by his reaction to Maguire’s goal

RedDevilQuebecois

That was just pathetic. The more it goes, the more I believe Sky should have promoted Rob Hawthorne for primetime on Sky Football by now.

Acole9

Outstanding
I don't think he's got an agenda with United but it was noticeable his lack of reaction to our goals.

He's just too old and probably lost his enthusiasm for it. Even the cringeworthy "And it's live" sounds very forced.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't think he's got an agenda with United but it was noticeable his lack of reaction to our goals.

He's just too old and probably lost his enthusiasm for it. Even the cringeworthy "And it's live" sounds very forced.
It's such a pointless catchphrase. No more valid than saying "AND IT'S ON A PITCH"

cyberman

He went too far with trying to say Scott should have been sent off without actually saying it because it would have been ridiculous.

vulmik

Thank God we get Peter Drury in Australia. Miles better.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Signed:
Martin’s wife.
i’d imagine he’s very uninterested in narrating her orgasm, often leaving it to neville to make a torres “ooooooooh” from the dressing table. whereas his one is always accompanied by an “aguerooooooooooo!” as he finishes himself off into a flannel.

Brophs

The One and Only
i’d imagine he’s very uninterested in narrating her orgasm, often leaving it to neville to make a torres “ooooooooh” from the dressing table. whereas his one is always accompanied by an “aguerooooooooooo!” as he finishes himself off into a flannel.
That all goes without saying, really.

sillwuka

He's still better than most.

Prefer him to Peter Drury aka Mr Soundbite. He's great in small doses but he just over eggs his commentary.

Withnail

He went too far with trying to say Scott should have been sent off without actually saying it because it would have been ridiculous.
I don't have much time for Tyler but couldn't McT have gotten himself three yellows yesterday? I thought he was very lucky not to get a second yellow for the studs on the ankle challenge.

cyberman

I don't have much time for Tyler but couldn't McT have gotten himself three yellows yesterday? I thought he was very lucky not to get a second yellow for the studs on the ankle challenge.
Na, he didn’t really commit a foul after the yellow.
It was the clash of heads. It’s not a red in any way but he kept bringing up instances of wrongfully given reds as if it played any part in it at all.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It had some meaning in the early days of Sky, I suppose. But to keep on with it in this day and age is hilarious.
I was going to say this, he probably thinks it's his "let's get ready to rumble" line and makes him famous - eejit.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I thought the Leeds player was lucky not to get a card for treading on top of McTs foot.

Ref let a lot go yesterday which contributed to spectacle. On another day (if Mike Dean was ref for example :mad:), McT possibly gets a second yellow and some Leeds players get more cards too.

ZupZup

It was the clash of heads. It’s not a red in any way but he kept bringing up instances of wrongfully given reds as if it played any part in it at all.
I said this to my mate yesterday when we were watching the game... it was like he was desperate for someone to say McTominay was lucky not to get a red card for a completely accidental head clash. He started going on about some players get red cards because they have injured a player, regardless of intent... just because they happen to have caused an injury. I think they got Beckford's opinion as well, and Tyler seemed disappointed nobody was suggesting McTominay should be punished.

Withnail

He was late and stood on Rapinha's foot after the yellow. The clash of heads was accidental but that wasn't a clever challenge. He was late and made contact with the player's knee as well. He could have gotten a yellow for that one too.

However, if Tyler was trying to say that the clash of heads should have been a straight red then fair enough, it's bollox.

cyberman

He was late and stood on Rapinha's foot after the yellow. The clash of heads was accidental but that wasn't a clever challenge. He was late and made contact with the player's knee as well. He could have gotten a yellow for that one too.

However, if Tyler was trying to say that the clash of heads should have been a straight red then fair enough, it's bollox.
They’re just challenges, none of those are yellow cards. I can’t even find the Raphina challenge to be fair but there was on on the Leeds left back that the Leeds player turned into Ala Bruno for their second goal. I mean that was just a foul. Scott was pretty much clean after his booking but there’s people trying to retrofit a yellow to previous challenges as if Scott would continue to play the same way. As we saw after his booking, he didn’t.
There’s a little bit of hysteria around Scott’s challenges yesterday. If he got a yellow in the first instance and survived 5 more then fair enough but the late booking allowed him to put himself around a bit which he took advantage of. There’s a logic of thinking he should have been booked for a previous challenge so this lesser challenge deserves a yellow or he’s “lucky” which doesn’t make sense. You can’t really have two half yellows