Film Marvel Studios Phase Four

Sylar

I reckon Spiderman and BP became the ones to take it forward as the lead guys. Spiderman has a huge collection of villains btw.

Would be a mistake to try and match Thanos in terms of size of villain. Instead of a powerful one, maybe a smart one with technology?
Dr Doom seems a good shout.

Also wondering what they will do with Adam Warlock as hes been hinted towards.

Rooney1987

I wonder why Spider-Man 3 wasn’t named. Been rumours about Sony taking the rights back. I know Sony want put Tom Holland’s Spider-Man to Tom Hardys Venom in same universe.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I wonder why Spider-Man 3 wasn’t named. Been rumours about Sony taking the rights back. I know Sony want put Tom Holland’s Spider-Man to Tom Hardys Venom in same universe.
No way does Marvel go to the lengths they did in that last Spider-Man film to set Peter Parker up as the new Tony Stark only for it to be ruined by Sony.

starman

Interested in Falcon & The Winter Soldier, they have good chemistry. Also Mahershala Ali as Blade, he's one of my favourite actors. Not sure how its works though as isn't the Netflix series part of the MCU??

Not interested in Natalie Portman as a female Thor, dont particularly rate her or liked her character. They should made another character/actress a female Thor, maybe have finally hired Emily Blunt...

Anyway I am pretty much checkout of the MCU after Endgame, hasn't even got round to see Spiderman or Jessica Jones yet or have much desire to do so..

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Interested in Falcon & The Winter Soldier, they have good chemistry. Also Mahershala Ali as Blade, he's one of my favourite actors. Not sure how its works though as isn't the Netflix series part of the MCU??

Not interested in Natalie Portman as a female Thor, dont particularly rate her or liked her character. They should made another character/actress a female Thor, maybe have finally hired Emily Blunt...

Anyway I am pretty much checkout of the MCU after Endgame, hasn't even got round to see Spiderman or Jessica Jones yet or have much desire to do so..
The Netflix stuff isn't park of the MCU.

vangagal

They move out to Disney+ for Falcon+WS, WandaVision, Loki, Hawkeye and What if

Art Vandelay

Meh, I'm done with it after the last few. Endgame was good but far too long. Captain Marvel and Spiderman were shit. I see nothing there that would interest me again. Hawkeye maybe, but I'm not paying for another subscription service.

Sylar

There's plenty of references to the events though..
Think it's one way
Kinda like with agents of shield

The shows reference what happens in the movies but movies don't. Which is a shame cos I want to see king pin appear in a Spiderman mcu movie

gormless

Think it's one way
Kinda like with agents of shield

The shows reference what happens in the movies but movies don't. Which is a shame cos I want to see king pin appear in a Spiderman mcu movie
From what I’ve read, it started out as part of the MCU but then there was a fall out between the head of Marvel and the head of Marvel studios, which led to it failing to be part of the universe any more

marktan

Does no one else get bored with these films after so many? I've watched a couple of the iron man and Thor films, and they were ok, but watching the same superhero tropes over and over again for 20 movies straight would do my head in.

Then again I was never into superhero comics so I guess I'm not the intended target market.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Does no one else get bored with these films after so many? I've watched a couple of the iron man and Thor films, and they were ok, but watching the same superhero tropes over and over again for 20 movies straight would do my head in.

Then again I was never into superhero comics so I guess I'm not the intended target market.
Definitely, haven't seen any Marvel movie other than the Endgame series since probably Ragnarock, I saw plenty of the first movies coming out so was still excited for Endgame but couldn't care less about the other movies.

GBBQ

I think the target market is everyone. These are consistently making over $1 billion dollars and you wouldn't get that on comic fans alone.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Definitely, haven't seen any Marvel movie other than the Endgame series since probably Ragnarock, I saw plenty of the first movies coming out so was still excited for Endgame but couldn't care less about the other movies.
Well the pair of you have missed out on some great films.

JoaquinJoaquin

Quite underwhelming to be honest. Can't see many of those i'd be rushing to the cinema to see. Would rather of seen a Moon Knight movie or something like that.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Just came in to say who the feck would want to watch a Hawkeye film but @Art Vandelay answered that already.

Quite underwhelming to be honest. Can't see many of those i'd be rushing to the cinema to see. Would rather of seen a Moon Knight movie or something like that.
Yeah same. Maybe Blade but that's been done (and done well) before. Obviously any more Taika Waititi directed Thor's would pique my interest if they are as fun as the last one.

Sylar

Yeah phase 3 movies were probably the best, starting with civil war. Think it helped, most of these had good villains (better than the other phases). And was all building towards end game (altho there were only 3 movies between Ragnarok and Endgame (which wasnt avengers))

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Interested to see the new Blade and also happy to see another Dr Strange movie - aside from that not that interested.

Fingeredmouse

Yeah phase 3 movies were probably the best, starting with civil war. Think it helped, most of these had good villains (better than the other phases). And was all building towards end game (altho there were only 3 movies between Ragnarok and Endgame (which wasnt avengers))
Interestingly, and I've never really been a Marvel fan but read comics enough to have a reasonable knowledge by osmosis, but I'd sat the Marvel characters they haven't used in the MCU, or are just beginning to, have the best villains.
The various goblins, Lizard, Doc Octopus, Jack O' Lantern, Venom, The Hunter, Electro, Sandman, Doctor Doom, Galactus, Magneto, The Kingpin, Apocalypse

Sylar

Interestingly, and I've never really been a Marvel fan but read comics enough to have a reasonable knowledge by osmosis, but I'd sat the Marvel characters they haven't used in the MCU, or are just beginning to, have the best villains.
The various goblins, Lizard, Doc Octopus, Jack O' Lantern, Venom, The Hunter, Electro, Sandman, Doctor Doom, Galactus, Magneto, The Kingpin, Apocalypse
When I say 'best' i mean compared to phase 1 and 2 which were just throwaways to introduce the characters and not interesting at all.

I do agree with some of the ones you mentioned though. Im looking to see how they do Doctor Doom and FF overall.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Which ones? For me, Marvel movies started following a formula that ended up becoming stale and predictable. Ragnarock for all the genuinely funny comedy it had, still wasn't a very good movie for me and had the predictable superhero tropes. I can't say I've enjoyed a movie from the Marvel franchise (ofcourse excluding the Xmen movies during the same time) since the first Guardians of the Galaxy, and Endgame.

Logan, Days of Future Past were absolutely brilliant and had so much more substance and emotions. These are things that lack in the other Marvel movies.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Which ones? For me, Marvel movies started following a formula that ended up becoming stale and predictable. Ragnarock for all the genuinely funny comedy it had, still wasn't a very good movie for me and had the predictable superhero tropes. I can't say I've enjoyed a movie from the Marvel franchise (ofcourse excluding the Xmen movies during the same time) since the first Guardians of the Galaxy, and Endgame.

Logan, Days of Future Past were absolutely brilliant and had so much more substance and character, along with action. These are things that lack in Marvel movies.
Days of future past is dog but each to their own.

Guardians 1, winter soldier, Civil War, Homecoming, Infinity War, Ragnarok, Black Panther are all good to excellent films.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/feat...vel-movies-the-essential-guide-20190722187619

MARVEL is continuing its successful programme to turn the whole world into pathetic comics nerds. Here’s what you’ll be watching in President Trump’s second term:

BLACK WIDOW, May 2020
Everyone assumes this is a prequel but no, Scarlett Johansson’s been brought back to life by magic because you thought these films were realistic. They’re made up. And she can fly now and has ‘poison eyes’.

ETERNALS, November 2020
Ask any comics fan about Eternals and they won’t have heard of it. Ask an even more extreme comics fan with fewer social skills and they’ll admit that it’s a confused concept steeped in 12 layers of bullshit that’s never really worked. Good luck enjoying this.

SHANG-CHI, February 2021
In the 1970s Marvel did kung-fu comics to cash in on the brief kung-fu craze. Now, 45 years later, somebody’s greenlit a multi-million dollar movie based on those half-arsed churned-out cash-ins. Soundtrack: the bottom of the barrel, being scraped.

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS, May 2021
You can’t call a film that and expect anybody to watch it. Expect this film to be immediately preceded by Benedict Cumberbatch announcing his surprise return to Sherlock and the sale of his LA house.

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER, November 2021
The only one of these films you actually want to see isn’t out for more than two years. But it’s okay, you’ll have to watch all the others otherwise you won’t understand about half of this one.

Fingeredmouse

I'm not particularly interested in seeing any of these movies, but I doubtless will because on those dull days when the kids and I are bored, we'll go see a movie...and there's pretty much feck all else on unless it's a horror or you go arthouse. I'm sure they'll be competent and pass the time as always.
Given the roster, the release schedule appears to be horror/scifi/fantasty dominated, so it has the potential to get really pretty weird...which might result in an interesting film or two.
Doctor Doom turning up at some point (Fantastic Four I assume) will be great, if they do him right. Along with Magneto, the greatest Marvel villain.

Hal9000

Sony handle distribution and marketing, so they will announce it. How ever it seems It'll be July 2021 time, and Feige said it will be from a story that's not been adapted from to film before. So no venom.

Sylar

Not sure if that dailymash post was an attempt at humour or not.

Kearnkoff69

Dr. Strange as a horror film was the most exciting announcement for me - glad to see Marvel realizing they need to branch out. It should be fascinating to see how they set up Portman as lady Thor, and what they do with Hemsworth's Thor. Mahershala Ali as Blade should be sick, based solely on the back of his performance in Luke Cage, and if his first movie goes well we should hopefully see him team up with Strange, which would be awesome.

Sylar

Reckon we get a mutants tease in phase 4 and a movie in phase 5. That will be enough time passed since the Dark Phoenix movie too.

Hal9000

Reckon we get a mutants tease in phase 4 and a movie in phase 5. That will be enough time passed since the Dark Phoenix movie too.
They've not announced a date, but Feige said they have the next 5 years planned. Captain Marvel 2, Black Panther 2, Guardians 3, Fantastic Four. "mutants" and Blade will all be phase 5.