5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The lack of names provided kind of shows just how rare a talent it is.

SteveW

Bobby Charlton used to regularly score screamers off either foot. Can't think of many modern players other than those mentioned.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
if we get knocked out by Barca, and then bottle the next two/three league games, then I'd give him a start against Huddersfield and/or Cardiff. Phase out those who Ole doesn't see a future at the club and start bleeding him in.
Let’s cross that bridge if and when. Sometimes I feel the priority for some is just to have academy kids playing. I know that’s what you said, but I don’t see why we should be looking at how our entire season falling apart in the next few games should benefit Mason Greenwood at this stage. Let us focus on winning these games!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He'll definitely have more of an impact next year. Tremendously talented and so much of RvP in him. Love how he has that whip with power both on his shots and his passing when he uses his instep. None of the current group really have that technique in them.
I was thinking the same. He reminds me of Van Persie.

I'd rather we give him Sanchez's minutes to be honest. We're in a rebuild anyway.

In Rainbows

Let’s cross that bridge if and when. Sometimes I feel the priority for some is just to have academy kids playing. I know that’s what you said, but I don’t see why we should be looking at how our entire season falling apart in the next few games should benefit Mason Greenwood at this stage. Let us focus on winning these games!
That's dependent on where we would play him. The right wing is completely ineffective right now and thus the bar isn't exactly high for him.

Mark Pawelek

Can you justify starting Lingard ahead of Greenwood? Which of the two do you think is more likely to score or assist? I think most people would prefer Greenwood playing because they genuinely think he'll do better than some of the squad. Not because we expect teenagers to beat seasoned pros. No one expects, or wants, to see an entire squad of teenagers playing. Just play those who look better than our squad players.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Can you justify starting Lingard ahead of Greenwood? Which of the two do you think is more likely to score or assist? I think most people would prefer Greenwood playing because they genuinely think he'll do better than some of the squad. Not because we expect teenagers to beat seasoned pros. No one expects, or wants, to see an entire squad of teenagers playing. Just play those who look better than our squad players.
Then better to say that. It should have nothing to do with us ‘losing the next few games’, we should play Mason in the hope of winning them. It just seems odd to me if at the crunch part of the season we are trying to imagine up scenarios where we can get to see more Greenwood, which involve our season falling apart. Just seems the focus is misplaced.

Mark Pawelek

Then better to say that. It should have nothing to do with us ‘losing the next few games’, we should play Mason in the hope of winning them. It just seems odd to me if at the crunch part of the season we are trying to imagine up scenarios where we can get to see more Greenwood, which involve our season falling apart. Just seems the focus is misplaced.
I expect United to lose with Sanchez or Lingard starting; my confidence in them is that low. Playing Greenwood is about winning games. By scoring goals; remember them? Draws are useless to us too. We don't need someone to 'do a job'. We need players to score goals. With a defence almost guaranteed to let 1 or 2 in in the last 30 minutes, United need a 2 or 3 goal cushion now. He's a good option for free kicks if he can repeat what he did in last week, he should play every match.

Matt007a

Rooney at 16 had the physique of a 30 year old and some major aggression to put himself about. I’m not saying Mason is too small or anything but I don’t think he’s a direct comparison.

Some kids are ready to come in at 17 and do their thing while others have the ability but are just not mentally ready. Perhaps the youth coaches feel he needs more time. They know better than we do. I’m happy to see him getting minutes in the first team even if he’s not starting any games.

It’s also worth baring in mind that he hasn’t set the world alight when he has come on. It’s difficult with limited time and such a disjointed squad as we have currently, but it just shows a need to be patient. He’s a great talent and I have no doubt he will make it as a regular starter when he is ready.

In Rainbows

Rooney at 16 had the physique of a 30 year old and some major aggression to put himself about. I’m not saying Mason is too small or anything but I don’t think he’s a direct comparison.

Some kids are ready to come in at 17 and do their thing while others have the ability but are just not mentally ready. Perhaps the youth coaches feel he needs more time. They know better than we do. I’m happy to see him getting minutes in the first team even if he’s not starting any games.

It’s also worth baring in mind that he hasn’t set the world alight when he has come on. It’s difficult with limited time and such a disjointed squad as we have currently, but it just shows a need to be patient. He’s a great talent and I have no doubt he will make it as a regular starter when he is ready.
He did well when he has gotten the ball in those limited minutes. The last time he was on, people didn't pass him the ball.

jesperjaap

I've never rated Rashford as anything special. Even when Rashford was coming through the academy I didn't see anything special about him other than him being fast. When LVG thrust him straight into the first team after we had a injury crisis I was very surprised, due to not being overly impressed at all with Rashford in the academy.

Not a popular opinion I know...
DIdnt see him at youth level but I do agree with your thougths on him, thought similar when he burst on to the scene and have pretty much the same feelings now. Neither a natural finisher or technique and not world class potential ability. Personally I prefer him from out wide where his direct pace and tricks can be more decisive. I do like Rashford though, homegrown, appears to have a good attitude and temperament, exciting to watch and despite certain limitations for me, he is talented.

From the clips I have seen of Greenwood he does appear to have the aspects of the game Rashford misses, natural ability in terms of technique and finishing. See a lot of people comparing him to RVP which can see from his movement, I also see a lot of Rivaldo in him.

Matt007a

Do I detect a myth here? Yes. An old trick - make an outrageous exaggeration and hope no one spots it. I'm not falling for this; unless you can prove you were Rooney's trainer back then!
Not really. He had the same body shape then as he does now, except he’s carrying a bit more timber these days. Not sure I need to be his trainer to make that claim...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I really hope he carries on this style of game to the men’s team. Let’s hope that our coaches don’t take the flair out of him.
*Sigh*

This again. The quicker we become a top side again the better for my sanity!

ash_86

Must be buzzing after Ole name checked him. Just hope he has the right attitude to go with the undeniable talent

Rojofiam

Very excited about Ole's comments about him. I hope we see him next season.

jb8521

Greenwood's goals this season have been 14 left foot, 14 right foot & 1 header. His goals last season were 8 left foot, 5 right foot & 4 headers

The Nani

Bring him in at the start of next season when hopefully we have a few better players to compliment his talents. No point dropping him into the current shitshow.
Tony/Rash Mason
Pogba
McTom Ander
Fred

Or

Tony/Rash Mason
Alexis
Pogba McTom
Fred

He’d help weave the side together if anything. His overall play is fantastic for his age never mind in comparison to Lukaku.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The first thing that came to my mind when Pogba passed it long to Rashford, and he didn't even attempt to shoot with his left, was Mason.

Mason would've got a decent effort on goal I feel..

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Reminded me of this dembele stat

Thanos would be pleased. If Greenwood can come close to that, what a talent that would be just landing on the first team's lap.

ash_86

Thanos would be pleased. If Greenwood can come close to that, what a talent that would be just landing on the first team's lap.
Yep. I think he would be integrated into the team permanently from next season starting from pre season

deafepl

The first thing that came to my mind when Pogba passed it long to Rashford, and he didn't even attempt to shoot with his left, was Mason.

Mason would've got a decent effort on goal I feel..
How many goals have Rashford scored using his weak foot (left footed)? I think 4, two of them are deflected goal and two closer to the goalpost. Amouth of chances he gets, I feel he could have scored more goal if he can finish chance with the weak foot but taking a turn to his right foot will delay burning his chance. 4 goal left-footed out of 40 goals he has scored for United is very poor, Kane has scored 19 goals from his foot weak out of 60 he scored for Spurs since 2017/18 season and scored a lot of headers, that's why he is scoring for fun because he's more complete of No.9 than Rashford. If Greenwood had Rashford's physical, I am sure he'll score more than Rashford as he can score goals with both feet and he doesn't need a sec to turn to his prefered foot as his right foot is good as left feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.