5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinJames

Probably our best attacker right about now, would start him for the rest of our games, he can't do worse than our overpaid under motivated attackers who seem to average around 5 goals a season.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Start him against City. He won't do any worse then Lukaku.
He literally will. He touched the ball once in 15 minutes his last outing. Please show me a game where Lukaku has touched the ball once every 15 minutes.

Better than Lukaku and Rashford already. :lol: This place is a joke. As if Lukaku wouldn't be smashing hattricks against u18s who are absolutely abysmal defensively. Being a good youth player doesn't make you better than our entire first team.

limerickcitykid

Probably our best attacker right about now, would start him for the rest of our games, he can't do worse than our overpaid under motivated attackers who seem to average around 5 goals a season.
Once again. Show me where a game where our attackers have touched the ball once every 15 minutes.

Calm the feck down. Our best attacker, have a fecking word with yourself mate.

Loublaze

ATLien
What am I missing here, did he score his senior debut goal in some alternate universe? What are you basing that on?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We need be more patient with him. I'm not sure integrating him now when we're on an abysmal run is the most sensible decision. He's a huge talent and we need to give him a good platform. Either an easy home game this season or at the start of next seaso. Although what is an easy game right now for us.

amolbhatia50k

Once again. Show me where a game where our attackers have touched the ball once every 15 minutes.

Calm the feck down. Our best attacker, have a fecking word with yourself mate.
He didn't touch the ball just once. Not sure where you've got this from.

He isn't our best attacker though. He's incredibly talented but still just a kid playing in the youth teams. Making the step up is not easy and id rather not chuck him in against the odds.

limerickcitykid

He didn't touch the ball just once. Not sure where you've got this from.

He isn't our best attacker though. He's incredibly talented but still just a kid playing in the youth teams. Making the step up is not easy and id rather not chuck him in against the odds.
I got it from watching the game obviously. He had one possession of the ball where he made a pass which was complete but completely wrong footed the receiver who immediately lost the ball. So 15 minutes he had one possession which led to giving the ball away.

Remember the geese

I got it from watching the game obviously. He had one possession of the ball where he made a pass which was complete but completely wrong footed the receiver who immediately lost the ball. So 15 minutes he had one possession which led to giving the ball away.
You are wrong. He had three moments on the ball. His first contribution was an attempt to take on his fullback. His second was the one you mentioned and the third was a hooked volleyed clearance from a corner.

amolbhatia50k

Maybe you shouldn't rely on that, obviously, given that you are wrong.

The Nani

Judging a kid on a fifteen minute cameo at PSG where we were completely under it.

This place sometimes.

Sad and harsh truth is this kid’s overall play is superior to all our attackers save Sanchez maybe if he could regain some form. Will it translate immediately? Maybe not. But it is no stretch to say his potential contribution to the team’s overall play would be vastly superior to Lukaku or Rashford.

That said, chucking him in against City is a bad idea.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Judging a kid on a fifteen minute cameo at PSG where we were completely under it.

This place sometimes.

Sad and harsh truth is this kid’s overall play is superior to all our attackers save Sanchez maybe if he could regain some form. Will it translate immediately? Maybe not. But it is no stretch to say his potential contribution to the team’s overall play would be vastly superior to Lukaku or Rashford.

That said, chucking him in against City is a bad idea.
:lol: amazing.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I know many are excited due to the potential of Mason and I hope to see him get more minutes in the near future. But let's not forget he's still 17 and there's some way to go before he wins the balon d'or.:D

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
This is an absurd season. So weird. I don't want a young talented player I admire to play against our city rivals, not because I think it is too early or he doesn't deserve it. Not even because I think the pressure is too big for him to handle. It is because I'm hoping we're losing the game, and I'm actually afraid if he plays he'll score the winner and contribute to Liverpool winning the league.

Greenwood has time. No need to rush him in I'd say:lol:

Sterling Archer

I know many are excited due to the potential of Mason and I hope to see him get more minutes in the near future. But let's not forget he's still 17 and there's some way to go before he wins the balon d'or.:D
After seeing Rashford score for us against City his debut season, it's not a huge stretch to expect good things from Mason. It may well be one of the highlights from our awful season

The Nani

After seeing Rashford score for us against City his debut season, it's not a huge stretch to expect good things from Mason. It may well be one of the highlights from our awful season
Never mind the fact that the ball has been bouncing off our forwards going anywhere and everywhere but to a teammate or in the back of the net for weeks now.

I’m a huge fan of Mason and think his potential is massive. But it speaks more to the level of our forward play of late.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He will struggle to live up to the hype, the expectations on this kid are far too high. He'll be called Championship quality in no time by the idiots on this forum, two or three bad games and they'll be after him.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He will struggle to live up to the hype, the expectations on this kid are far too high. He'll be called Championship quality in no time by the idiots on this forum, two or three bad games and they'll be after him.
Tbf at 17 and he's really Championship quality aint such a bad thing.

amolbhatia50k

It's not exactly crazy to expect him to be able to control the ball, pass it and maybe make something happen. I know it sounds rudimentary, but that's been a challenge for our first team forwards for quite a while now.
Sometimes the collective issues bring down individuals. Your environment does play a part.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That's what going to happen. He's just 17. For me Ole is managing him perfectly.

amolbhatia50k

What the feck.

I fear for him if he actually gets substantial minutes.
Well, he's already let us all down by having .5 touches in the last 15 minutes of a game we were piss poor in. So, I for one have lost all faith in the lad.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Hasn't played a combined 90 minutes for the first team, yet. Hasn't scored or assisted yet. But sure, he's a better attacker than Martial, Rashford or Lukaku.

jesperjaap

He literally will. He touched the ball once in 15 minutes his last outing. Please show me a game where Lukaku has touched the ball once every 15 minutes.

Better than Lukaku and Rashford already. :lol: This place is a joke. As if Lukaku wouldn't be smashing hattricks against u18s who are absolutely abysmal defensively. Being a good youth player doesn't make you better than our entire first team.
Yes, easy to get carried away, the step up from youth football to the first team is huge.

I do think there would be an argument editing your comment though to show me a game where Lukaku controlled the ball with his first touch every 15minutes.

What Greenwood does deserve due to his performances and due to the poor ones from the likes of Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial is more minutes and opportunities to show what he can do even at such a tender age

GavinJames

Give him a chance (Greenwood) let him play 90mins not 10mins here 5 mins there, no one else seems to know where the back of the net is. People say he’s too young to start but Rooney, Fowler and Owen were around the same age when they burst onto the scene (17)

edgar allan

Hasn't played a combined 90 minutes for the first team, yet. Hasn't scored or assisted yet. But sure, he's a better attacker than Martial, Rashford or Lukaku.
Of course he isn't, it is just those 3 are so poor that we are grasping at any straws we can find.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If we are out of the top 4 race against Cardiff I can see him getting his first start.

He will be a big part of the pre season IMO, who knows what'll happen after that.

SouthPredators4

To be honest, Greenwood has tremendous potential as of now. To include him against City wouldn’t be as ridiculous as it sounds since his qualities and finishing allows the team to play football in the way befitting of the club. I am incredibly frustrated how Lukaku tends to drift wide instead of staying in the box. I will rather take a punt on potential than a player who will not be part of this club’s future moving forward.

In Rainbows

To be honest, Greenwood has tremendous potential as of now. To include him against City wouldn’t be as ridiculous as it sounds since his qualities and finishing allows the team to play football in the way befitting of the club. I am incredibly frustrated how Lukaku tends to drift wide instead of staying in the box. I will rather take a punt on potential than a player who will not be part of this club’s future moving forward.
Greenwood drops deep as well. However, he's a much better technician than Lukaku and his attacking midfield origins help him create chances. On the other hand, we don't know how he'll respond to the pace of the game at first team level. In the Arsenal match he looked great, but City is a whole new deal. Same goes for Lukaku though.

SouthPredators4

Greenwood drops deep as well. However, he's a much better technician than Lukaku and his attacking midfield origins help him create chances. On the other hand, we don't know how he'll respond to the pace of the game at first team level. In the Arsenal match he looked great, but City is a whole new deal. Same goes for Lukaku though.

Yes but it seems that Lukaku has delusion on his build-up abilities and constantly strayed from being the focus point of crosses and passes into the box. If so, i would rather play Greenwood and blood him asap as a squad option for 2019/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.