Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Clean & Fresh was always my favorite.

I remember the picture and the supposed values listed but I don't remember the context for it and I'm wondering how anyone could come up with something like that. Just why?

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Seems like he didn't train with the first team. Is he injured again?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ole confirms that he will play against Cardiff when he returns from injury.

Raw

Damn shame the amount of opportunities Greenwood missed due to injury/illness. Hopefully he gets a full pre-season.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Sometimes stars have to align to make it (Rashford).

Shame Greenwood hasn't had that luck.

Nickosaur

fecks sake these injuries are annoying. Could have had a lot more gametime this season. Bad luck.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shame he's had so many little niggles. That's always a big thing to overcome when going up to the top level, whether their bodies can sustain it. He has the talent, but being so young it's not entirely surprising that the niggles come up. Hopefully he gets a good amount of minutes on the last day then has a good pre season! Next season he could turn into an important player.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Shame he's had so many little niggles. That's always a big thing to overcome when going up to the top level, whether their bodies can sustain it. He has the talent, but being so young it's not entirely surprising that the niggles come up. Hopefully he gets a good amount of minutes on the last day then has a good pre season! Next season he could turn into an important player.
I don' think he's had niggles all that frequently. It's just that he's tended to get them at the worst possible times. Yet more evidence that we're enduring a gypsy curse since Fergie retired.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don' think he's had niggles all that frequently. It's just that he's tended to get them at the worst possible times. Yet more evidence that we're enduring a gypsy curse since Fergie retired.
Yeah maybe just had them every time he looked set to get a good chunk of minutes in the first team! Happened the first few weeks with Ole, during our injury crisis, and recently now. Also he has played a decent amount throughout the season at multiple levels, and it's the end of the season now so it's no surprise. These 2 games were little bonus games anyway. Pre-season and next season is when the real thing starts for him IMO, think Ole will have him part of the first team squad regularly. Like McTominay since January last year basically.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
He should be fine for Cardiff
Here’s what Solskjaer has told MUTV about injuries:

Eric Bailly has probably been the one smiling the most out of all of us because you fear the worst. (about his knee injury). There are a few little niggles, so let’s count the numbers on Sunday morning I reckon. Mason Greenwood started off this week training but then he’s out injured again unfortunately.

We were looking at bringing him into the squad for the last two games - maybe he’ll make the last one.

In Rainbows

Rashford is the only youth striker of the last few years to have luck when it comes to injuries. It's a curse at this point.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No coincidence that when he trains with the first team he gets injured. I blame Rojo / Jones. All jokes aside we don’t know what’s happened, we have to remember he’s still growing too so his muscles are probably struggling at this point.

desirere

Normally I'd wait every game hoping to see his name on the team sheet but now I believe it would be better for him to finish the season strong in the u23 and join the first team in preseason. The reason being, I don't want him to have anything to do with the current team as he represents our future.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

red4ever 79

Shame he picked up another injury. I was looking forward to seeing him. A good summer's rest and hopefully he will be raring to go next season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes. Hopefully. Maybe. So why did you post higher up that Ole confirmed “he will play” and “should be fine”?
He's referring to his injury when he says hopefully. Maybe. Etc

I know the lad and his family so know alittle more than most

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

Ah. Cool. Thought you were working off the same info as me (tweets from presser) Excellent news if he’s looking good for Cardiff. Potentially the only thing to look forward to between now and pre-season!

SteveW

Normally I'd wait every game hoping to see his name on the team sheet but now I believe it would be better for him to finish the season strong in the u23 and join the first team in preseason. The reason being, I don't want him to have anything to do with the current team as he represents our future.
23s are finished for the season

kps88

He's been really unlucky with the timing of his injuries. I'm pretty sure it's happened before this season as well where he gets injured before a likely first team appearance.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Is this a recurring injury that he's been struggling with for the last couple of months? Can't help thinking that he would have had quite a few sub appearances if this hadn't disrupted his season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is this a recurring injury that he's been struggling with for the last couple of months? Can't help thinking that he would have had quite a few sub appearances if this hadn't disrupted his season.
I'll find out more tomorrow but it's definitely frustrating for the lad.

Aloysius's Back 3

Doubt Ole is going to give up on the UCL spots.

Arsenal & Chelsea can win through the europa yet both teams have the consistent ability to lose PL games as they have been doing.

Want to see Greenwood play but it's not going to happen.

jb8521

Don't know where people are getting this idea that he's injury prone. The first time people were claiming he was injured was because he didn't play against Reading when a journalist just made up a story that he was set to play with nothing to back it up. The next time was the Chelsea game when he only missed a few days of training & now this which in reality is probably just a knock that a senior player would play with but the staff are sensible enough not to throw a first year u18 into a senior game when he's not fully fit. Stop this false narrative that he's injury prone when he's only actually missed about 3 weeks through injury in the past 2 seasons.

In Rainbows

Don't know where people are getting this idea that he's injury prone. The first time people were claiming he was injured was because he didn't play against Reading when a journalist just made up a story that he was set to play with nothing to back it up. The next time was the Chelsea game when he only missed a few days of training & now this which in reality is probably just a knock that a senior player would play with but the staff are sensible enough not to throw a first year u18 into a senior game when he's not fully fit. Stop this false narrative that he's injury prone when he's only actually missed about 3 weeks through injury in the past 2 seasons.
Yep, in Greenwood's case it's more of just bad luck with timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.