Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Could see that he wanted the goal a bit too much, and it affected his finishing. We've all seen his finishing in the reserves though so that's not a worry in the slightest, with time to grow and develop he'll be a star.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Busy performance and did some nice things. He's a kid, no point in making any snap judgements about him now. It'll be two or three years until we can say for sure whether he has a proper future at Old Trafford. Still, some good signs that there's talent there to mine.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm gutted he didn't put one of those chances away.

But he played well and the goals will come.

Zlatattack

Best player on the pitch today deservedly. Had a great game, created chances and got into good positions. I'm shocked this is the first time we've played him. He's ready. Should be our RW next season if we don't buy a proper RW.

pascell

Bright game for him. A bit nervy but that's to be expected. One for the future and maybe a loan next season for him.
Bright game I agree but I completely disagree about loaning him out. Hes 17 and in his first season with the u23s, it'd be very poor handling if we loaned him out, especially since he can do a job with us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best player on the pitch today deservedly. Had a great game, created chances and got into good positions. I'm shocked this is the first time we've played him. He's ready. Should be our RW next season if we don't buy a proper RW.
Ole said himself that we wanted to play him on like 4 or 5 occasions but he kept getting tiny niggles every time he was going to get a start in the league.
Anyway, next season he'll start off just getting some minutes here or there probably but it won't take him long to become a regular starter. He's going to be class.

In Rainbows

Greenwood continues to show great decision making like he did at Arsenal. Clearly belongs with the first team and should be a squad option going forward.

deafepl

I think Mason Greenwood will do so well to exploit off Lukaku's holdup play and holds CB off and lay it off to Greenwood's perfectly timed movement. Rashford is just selfish and clueless.

I'm not sure Greenwood and Rashford can work together.

Moriarty

Bright game I agree but I completely disagree about loaning him out. Hes 17 and in his first season with the u23s, it'd be very poor handling if we loaned him out, especially since he can do a job with us.
Don't think he's ready for promotion just yet. A season away at a team like Watford or Palace would be a good thing.

Golden Nugget

Really loved his movement today - brightest spark in a dull day.

Biggest complaint was his shot with the outside of his left rather than right foot. Other than that, most were half chances.

Hope we see a lot more of him next season

kundalini

Very encouraging performance. Clear he has lots of weapons that can hurt defences. Change of pace was exciting.

Choosing to use his left foot rather than his right for one chance, would be my only real complaint.

Expect him to feature a lot next season.

Devil may care

It was a poor atmosphere to make your full debut in, the tension throughout the stadium and team was obvious, but he still showed technique and intelligence on the ball and some good movement, he just didn't manage to score, but for a 17 year old in the context of the day I thought he did well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Happy so far. Time will tell.

Is he not both footed then? He seemed to heavily favor his left.
No. Clearly not, he just scored all those goals with his right foot for #bantz

Loublaze

ATLien
Could've got a hatrick today. Very encouraging performance on his full debut. I dont think he should be loaned out next season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Now I can actually see the hype of him. (no) goal aside, he had an impressive game. Imho, as impressive as Ronaldo's debut. He's always a threat all game long.

Adam-Utd

The kid is absolutely class. Make him first choice from now on, no more reserves.

His natural movement and goal scoring instincts are the best in the team already.

bosnian_red

Could've got a hatrick today. Very encouraging performance on his full debut. I dont think he should be loaned out next season.
Would be a terrible decision to loan him out. Next season we can definitely see him get 20+ starts even. He has very good decision making, excellent movement, and technically is very good, and considering our attacking options arent stellar, I would just give him a bigger role the way Rashford stepped up.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Got himself in the right position most of the times. A good debut from the young lad.

Again we need to make sure he has some top class coaching. However, so talented the young lad.

Steven-UK

The kid is absolutely class. Make him first choice from now on, no more reserves.

His natural movement and goal scoring instincts are the best in the team already.
Really? I have just got back from the game, and although he was decent, his finishing is that of a youth player, he had at least 5 chances and should have scored at least 1 or two goals, so to make him a first choice striker would be ludicrous.

He has potential, sure, but let's be realistic at the same time.

We need to buy a world class striker, or this time next year we'll all still be moaning about how absolute garbage we are.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I never seen him play but I wonder if he will get the typical hype from an English player just like rashford did amongst many other players in England.

Adam-Utd

Really? I have just got back from the game, and although he was decent, his finishing is that of a youth player, he had at least 5 chances and should have scored at least 1 or two goals, so to make him a first choice striker would be ludicrous.

He has potential, sure, but let's be realistic at the same time.

We need to buy a world class striker, or this time next year we'll all still be moaning about how absolute garbage we are.
Yea he could have done better but that wasn’t how he usually is. I’m pretty certain it was just debut nerves, I hope he hits the ground running in pre season and scores plenty.

Loublaze

ATLien
Would be a terrible decision to loan him out. Next season we can definitely see him get 20+ starts even. He has very good decision making, excellent movement, and technically is very good, and considering our attacking options arent stellar, I would just give him a bigger role the way Rashford stepped up.
I agree.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He's like that little Real Madrid player. The brazilian one that got injured. Very dangerous, but can't score. Yet.

bosnian_red

I never seen him play but I wonder if he will get the typical hype from an English player just like rashford did amongst many other players in England.
Rashford when he first broke through I thought was really just a bit of luck combined with a lot of pace and hard work. Didn't think he was actually really talented but he's improved loads the last few years and now genuinely looks like an excellent young player.

Greenwood on the other hand just looks ridiculously talented and a complete striker. He's only 17 so obviously has a lot of time and space to refine a lot of his game, but it's all there. Change of pace, close control, good first touch, good decision making, good movement, can score equally with either foot, can do placed finishes or power finishes, can take set pieces with either foot and has a good record with them... His heading is the only thing that I'd say he hasn't shown that he has, but given he is relatively tall and will strengthen the more he plays with the first team, that can definitely improve too (the way it has for Rashford, who a couple of years ago wasn't even trying with high balls).

Thiagoal

Those criticising any aspect of his performance today need to have a serious word with themselves!

It is ridiculously rare that any 17 y.o gets anywhere near a top sides first team let alone have a stand out performance! Patience needed but wow what a talent! The only positive of a horrendous season!

NWRed

I thought he was very good today, our most dangerous forward and with a bit of luck could have had 2 or 3 goals. We need to see more of him next season but he obviously has a lot of developing to do physically and it wouldn't do him any good to be playing week in week out in a league as physical at the PL. He should definitely be starting in the cups though.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His positioning was excellent, always knew where to be and to pick up space. Didn't just play on the shoulder either, he dropped in a few times and then ran in behind. It was only one game, but I haven't seen that sort of movement in a striker for us since RvP. His finishing was a little weak, but I'd chalk that up to inexperience. Looking forward to seeing more of him. Hopefully he doesn't get loaned, as every loan we do seems to be a disaster.

steakpie

Ole: “Mason Greenwood was brilliant, he was our best player by a mile and that says a lot about the kid. He came into the team with a lack of confidence and you can see that has take a total. Not surprised by his performance, we know he is capable of that.”

Well why didn't you play him more? Yet you didn't and stuck with Lingard.

Stadjer

Ofcourse he will... when an English player can kick a ball in a straight line he will get some hype.

Greenwood does look like he is actually talented though.

Loublaze

ATLien
Ole: “Mason Greenwood was brilliant, he was our best player by a mile and that says a lot about the kid. He came into the team with a lack of confidence and you can see that has take a total. Not surprised by his performance, we know he is capable of that.”

Well why didn't you play him more? Yet you didn't and stuck with Lingard.
Ole is all talk

Web of Bissaka

:lol: I'm shocked he's a natural left footer. Just knew that. Nice.

Negatives - - - - -

• shit accuracy (shooting and heading).
  • no clinical finishing.
  • no composure when trying to score.
  • *just a theory, possibly he couldn't handle pressure, which explains why he showed the three things above. Or he always have that problems, need to see more games to confirm.*
  • not a "killer", don't know how to score simple goals eg. tap-ins, poaching, etc. He don't have the sense to move near the goal line eg. Pogba's low cross first half and the many low crosses in the 2nd half. Possibly indicating he's more of an attacker (playing around and outside the box) than a striker (playing inside the box).
Positives + + + + +
  • :devil: Very good attacking patterns (I mean his movements both on the ball and off the ball when attacking, and his decision makings, it's proper football of how to attack effectively!) it looks too natural, definitely this is his best weapon. I can see why he scored those many goals at youth level, he's too good having this as his main cannon for that level. His attacking style is hard to read and thus hard to defend against, there's no simple/predictable pattern. This helps him get many chances as we saw in this game.)
  • Attack attack attack.
  • Good workrate and good attitude (hope he retain this good workrate of his, and stay humble once he gets older and involve more with the first-teamers).
  • Teamplayer. Good teamwork and supporting plays. Hope he stay this way.
  • Dropping off to get passes and passing it around is good. Good decision makings, proper team football. Link-up play is also fine.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
To be fair, you've hyped up Bruno Fernandes on here as the second coming of Jesus.
To be fair I have stated multiple times he is not on KDB or Pogba level or even close to it. I have said I consider him to be able to be a GOOD Premier League player. Nothing higher then a Christian Eriksen level potentially either just under him or exactly the same.

Rashford, Adnan, the most recent but not just United I mean England as whole hypes up there players A LOT and most times they are ok players if that.

Status
Not open for further replies.