5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Utdstar01

He is I think. Unless ‘ready’ is Lukaku build. He’s as physically developed as many PL pros, who are not all massive.
Yep its nonsense imo. There's loads of piss-weak players already playing in the PL weekly.

In Rainbows

I get the sentiment. Just because a player might seem weak doesn't mean he is in comparison to a kid. Bone structure is important. However, I don't think his body is all that different from Morgan Gibbs White or 17 year old Sterling.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Surprised he didn't travel. We have only three attackers in the squad. Two and a half to be sincere.

Bola

Surprised he didn't travel. We have only three attackers in the squad. Two and a half to be sincere.
I was surprised as well. Appears to be the best form player at the moment in the academy and doing it in s position where we are short

I.dudnt see his name in the squad for the u23 game midweek v Derby, so I hoped he would get a chance. Wonder of he picked up a knock?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Great news. Although if the circumstances are right, I'd happily see him getting into the matchday squad earlier

Exciting times!
Yup. With the amount of games coming up and Lukaku and Alexis unavailable I'd get him on the bench now.

Bola

Yup. With the amount of games coming up and Lukaku and Alexis unavailable I'd get him on the bench now.
As glad I was to see Gomes and Garner in the travelling squad, I thought Greenwood would more deserving due to a combination of great academy performances and lack of current depth in the forward positions

I know I'm probably being impatient, but I just can't wait to see this lad get a chance!

Dante

Average bang
Watching Rashford's role against Cardiff, I couldn't help but feel that Greenwood would be tailor made for it.

Devil81

Can't wait to his transition to the first team, he looks more than capable of stepping up in my opinion.

Red Devil Rising

Not really seen any of Greenwood, what's he good at exactly? Is it his finishing, movement, ball control, pace etc?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not really seen any of Greenwood, what's he good at exactly? Is it his finishing, movement, ball control, pace etc?
Might sound like I'm exaggerating but he's good at everything, doesn't have any significant weakness IMO. He's a lethal finisher though, when he's got the ball in the box you just expect a goal at that point.

SATA

Sounds like we'll be seeing the youths against Reading rather than overplaying the likes of Matic. Exciting times for us and the boy!

Great news,but expectations should still be at a minimum.
Concerning the opposition,well,Reading cant possibly be as gutless as their last FA Cup performance at OT.

Classical Mechanic

Isnt that from book of Fergie, get ready for certain game.
It is. Neville said Fergie would always give clear explanations as to why players were not in the team. There was an interview with a Noggie players who played under Ole at Molde in both spells and he said Ole does the same. Tells players why they aren’t in the team and when and why they’ll be needed in the future.

Rooney said Mou is the opposite, he never communicates with the players at all. Probably where the resentments come from.

Utdstar01

Greenwood can operate on the right of a 3 too which could be handy if they wanted to persist with Rashford up top.

deafepl

Greenwood can operate on the right of a 3 too which could be handy if they wanted to persist with Rashford up top.
Hopefully Greenwood's movement is good as Lingard. From what I have seen, Ole like playmaker player on the right flank with good movement and require attacking player to link up with the defence to attack rather than side midfielder coming to collect balls.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Reminds me of a young Robin Van Persie. Technically very sound, has nice vision/quality of pass and athletically very nimble, agile.. not express pace, but still very quick. What stood out to me was his decision making.

ash_86

Might sound like I'm exaggerating but he's good at everything, doesn't have any significant weakness IMO. He's a lethal finisher though, when he's got the ball in the box you just expect a goal at that point.
Not at all exaggerating. He's that good :drool:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
So possible lineup against Reading:
Martial-Greenwood-Chong
Pogba-Gomes
Pereira​
It is a really good offensive lineup with only 2 experienced players of Martial and Pogba to connect the dots. Might be too much too soon, but would absolutely love to see that.

Touseef

It is. Neville said Fergie would always give clear explanations as to why players were not in the team. There was an interview with a Noggie players who played under Ole at Molde in both spells and he said Ole does the same. Tells players why they aren’t in the team and when and why they’ll be needed in the future.

Rooney said Mou is the opposite, he never communicates with the players at all. Probably where the resentments come from.
I'm quoting you but this isn't meant to be a direct dig or anything.

I feel that with the current positivity, we should be looking forward and not back. I was in the Mourinho out camp for last 2-3 months but I feel that now anything positive we see is turned against him saying Mourinho was the villain.

He was a hugely successful manager (one of the all-time greats) following his philosophy. Good or bad, we bought into it when we signed him. In hindsight, it didn't work out and I'm glad we made the switch (albeit maybe a few months late). However, just because his stint didn't work doesn't mean everything he did was negative to the club. His intentions were to make us succeed the way he knows which didn't work.

Let's just thank him for the service and look forward to Ole's reign!

@Mods, sorry for derailing thread. But it's just something I'm seeing in all threads and I felt I needed to reply.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I'm quoting you but this isn't meant to be a direct dig or anything.

I feel that with the current positivity, we should be looking forward and not back. I was in the Mourinho out camp for last 2-3 months but I feel that now anything positive we see is turned against him saying Mourinho was the villain.

He was a hugely successful manager (one of the all-time greats) following his philosophy. Good or bad, we bought into it when we signed him. In hindsight, it didn't work out and I'm glad we made the switch (albeit maybe a few months late). However, just because his stint didn't work doesn't mean everything he did was negative to the club. His intentions were to make us succeed the way he knows which didn't work.

Let's just thank him for the service and look forward to Ole's reign!

@Mods, sorry for derailing thread. But it's just something I'm seeing in all threads and I felt I needed to reply.
Whatever man he spent 300 million pounds + , insulted this club, insulted our players and quite frankly insulted the fans of this club who put time and money in Man United.

As a manager I think he was better than van Gaal but at least Van Gaal never behaved like a disrespectful asshole to the club and fans.

Mourinho does not deserve our respect. He fecked off with a big pay day so no need to feel sorry for someone who destroyed this club

lysglimt

Scout
When he gets the ball 20 yards from goal with one defender to beat, you can start celebrating because the ball usually ends up in the back of the net. He is the most lethal youth-player I have seen ever...and I am not even exaggerating. His ability to hit the net is insane for someone as young as him, his goal pr shots on target-ratio must be at 70-80%

Thats his main strength

Dante

Average bang
What are his strengths?
He can honestly do a bit of everything.

Rashford looked brilliant drifting about at the weekend. His one touch play and creativity caused havoc for Cardiff. All he slightly lacked was a tight touch in congested areas and composure in the box.

Greenwood has everything Rashford has. But in addition, Greenwood's tight first touch and assassin-like composure are probably his two biggest strengths. He has a prodigously complete skillset.

I know he's been stylistically compared to a Dutch forward like RvP, but I think that's mostly to say he's a striker in the total football mould.

I'm not gonna lie. He's the main reason I'm trying to get tickets for the Reading game.

Status
Not open for further replies.