5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Stone

We all know greenwood can play very well. I think the biggest question is what’s his fifa 21 rating going to be? If he continues in this form in the FA cup, Europa League, and EPL, he has to get at least an 82 rating, right?
Doesn't matter as long as he has good pace, 4* skills and a 5* weak foot. The barrage of ridiculous cards in FUT will ensure he gets a smashing card eventually.

dbs235

I mean he is a cheat code ridiculous. I was genuinely annoyed at him for scuffing the earlier one. I expect him to fire ever shot past the quicker.
Same I thought it was a certain goal, just because it's him.

Hoof the ball

Had an Arsenal fan tell me yesterday Saka has more talent and potential. He then proceeded to talk about assists.
They're all at it on R/Gunners. They're so desperate for one of their young players to be better than Greenwood, it's unreal. First it was Martinelli being better than him; back then none of them spoke a thing about Saka, and then Greenwood blasted ahead of Martinelli, so they immediate switched onto the Saka argument, because....... sO mAnY aSsIsTs PlAyInG lEfT bAcK.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I went to watch Mason in the youth Cup at Leigh. We were playing Chelsea who hadn't lost a youth Cup game in 4 years before that night. What happened? 4 3 to United and a Greenwood hatrick.

He's special this kid. We might just might be looking at something more than special. He could be the generational talent to take club and country on. I genuinely believe he could be that good. He's got everything.

edcunited1878

Every time he's on the pitch and every time the ball is around the box, you want the ball to come to him. He's leathering the feck out of the ball yet is on target with either foot.

It's so exciting and refreshing to see a player to hit a ball with either foot with such technique, efficiency, and sheer force yet be under total control of himself.

meamth

Once he got the ball at that position with space, defenders have no clue what to do.

We're talking premier league level defenders here.

Absolutely mind blowing how good this kid is, what a time to be a United fan.

Brightonian

Starting to see just how explosive he can be over a couple of yards. It's almost impossible to stop him stealing the space to take a shot, given how little space he requires to do that.

Note how he's thoroughly ingested the trick of a simple horizontal pass and immediate return to shift the man blocking the shot out of the way. He did it with Bruno against Watford and now Martial against Villa.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Cloud 9 as unites fan right now. So much to be optimistic about.
One thing I'm keen to get people's opinion on is what happens when we play a top team now e.g Chelsea? So far this season, a lot of our success in those games have been in the 352 formation. With players with good engines such as mctominey, Fred and James and a lightening quick counter, with the pace of martial and Rashford. This team right now is so much different to the one that won those games. In particular the return of pogba and the emergency of greenwood.
Do people think ole's approach will be the "let's go head to head with my current team as we are good enough" or will he revert to catious counter attacking 352 where he would need to drop one of greenwood (most likely him), martial and rashford? Interesting to ponder I think.

RC89

We need to get him on a 5/6 year contract. Although I think his current one runs til 2023. My worry would be Sancho taking Oles preference and Mason feeling hard done by and becoming unsettled.

On a longer contract he will likely force his way into the team as one of our star men within that time. He may do sooner anyway but would love for us to secure his next five years.

0le

I remember at the start of the season thinking 5 goals would be a decent return for some bench appearances and for a youth player. He has been absolutely sensational since the break, and his finishing is sublime.

meamth

Does the kid have a song yet?!

I was thinking of Pete Wingfield - 18 with a bullet.
He's 18, and there's a bullet coming out of those legs...

Instead of eighteen put mason.
When he is 34 still playing for United..the song won't make sense anymore.

meamth

We all know greenwood can play very well. I think the biggest question is what’s his fifa 21 rating going to be? If he continues in this form in the FA cup, Europa League, and EPL, he has to get at least an 82 rating, right?
Uhh, the main concern here is why do you still play FIFA?

Go get Efootball PES.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
All Greenwood, Martial, Rashford and Sancho could play anywhere up front.

Ole can rotate them.
I don’t understand why this is so difficult for some to comprehend.
Fitness and form issues will means all four get at least 30 starts each, and loads of action off the bench too
And that’s before any agenda Ole may have, or a muscle or long term injury.

Morpheus 7

Exciting, explosive and in constant beast mode one on one. If you can't get aboard the hype now I don't know. You know he's capable of scoring when he gets turned at the box, against any opposition.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I went to watch Mason in the youth Cup at Leigh. We were playing Chelsea who hadn't lost a youth Cup game in 4 years before that night. What happened? 4 3 to United and a Greenwood hatrick.

He's special this kid. We might just might be looking at something more than special. He could be the generational talent to take club and country on. I genuinely believe he could be that good. He's got everything.
That's my take on him. I know I might be overrating him but this kid has something truly special. His eye for a goal is almost CR7 like

RedStarUnited

Once he gets the ball outside the box, theres this directness that he has that is simply unmatched in this team. Its going to sound ridiculous but Messi is the master at it, like he just switches on and starts driving towards goal. Obviously Messi can dribble better but that mental switch he does is very similar.

Dante

Average bang
Does the kid have a song yet?!

I was thinking of Pete Wingfield - 18 with a bullet.
He's 18, and there's a bullet coming out of those legs...

Instead of eighteen put mason.
Yeah, he does. It's to the tune of Starman by David Bowie:

Maaaa - son
Greenwood's dynamite
He scores them with his left foot
And he scores them with his right

Dante

Average bang
Is anyone else at all worried about his knee-sliding celebrations? Ole purportedly did his own knee that way after the 99 CL final, and never fully got over it. I have no idea how apocryphal that story is, though.

At the rate Greenwood is scoring, you could probably plant next year's crops in the furrows.

Dante

Average bang
Does this mean it's unsustainable, or he's just that good at finishing?
He's just that good at finishing.

A 93% pass success rate since lockdown is a statistic you'd expect from Scholes and Xavi... not an 18 year old wide-forward who scores and creates goals on a regular basis. But what this tells you is that Greenwood has exceptional technique when it comes to hitting the ball accurately.

Then you look at the power of his shots. Every single one is an unsaveable rocket. He might just be a kid, but he strikes the ball as hard as anyone in the league.

Put those two factors together (perfect accuracy, unstoppable power) and you've got a player who's as good a finisher as you're likely to see anywhere.

As a special bonus, he can do it with both feet, so no goalie or defender can easily force down his percentages. If he fulfils his potential, he'll be unplayable.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Does this mean it's unsustainable, or he's just that good at finishing?
Both. We know he's an incredible finisher, but of course he's just on a crazy hot streak right now. In time he'll have more minutes, he's already taking more shots now than he used to, getting in better positions, playing more games etc. Nobody outscores their xG to the extent that he is, but he's just getting better and better in his performances and getting in more chances. Using xG to rate young players when they first break in, playing in varying positions, often times from the bench or random mixed teams is always a dumb idea.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Greenwood has the potential to be scoring 40-50 goals a season. I won't be surprised if next season he scores 30-35+. He's that terrific a finisher.

Never Have I ever seen a player whom when he gets the ball near the box, I expect him to score if he manages to turn and facing the goal. The accuracy and power in his shots are unlike never seen before. Kid is deadly.

Last edited:

SinNombre

Both. We know he's an incredible finisher, but of course he's just on a crazy hot streak right now. In time he'll have more minutes, he's already taking more shots now than he used to, getting in better positions, playing more games etc. Nobody outscores their xG to the extent that he is, but he's just getting better and better in his performances and getting in more chances. Using xG to rate young players when they first break in, playing in varying positions, often times from the bench or random mixed teams is always a dumb idea.
Agree with this post completely.

His closest comparison in that sense is Messi who at his peak was constantly outperforming his xG by 20-30% every season.

We just need to build a team which can put him in positions where he averages 20+ xG in the league every season. He will quite easily score 25+ goals with that many chances.

Which is also why it makes sense for us to get a Sancho like player with a high xA output. We need one fullback to be able to do the same.

yan man utd

Greenwood has the potential to be scoring 40-50 goals a season. I won't be surprised if next season he scores 30-35+. He's that terrific a finisher.

Never Have I seen a player whom when he gets the ball near the box, I expect him to score if he manages to turn and facing the goal. The accuracy and power in his shoot are unlike never seen before. Kid is deadly.
Totally agree. I’ve never seen a player so lethal around the box, plus he has movement, close technique and team ethic. He can pass and he knows when to.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Will he be a cf next season ?
Doesn’t need to be. Old adage — if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. He’s got a good understanding with Martial at the minute and he’s scoring and assisting goals. So I don’t see a reason why we would need to change that for the foreseeable future.
If we sign Sancho he can play on the left as he’s just as good there, if not better than the right. Hard to predict where he will end up at this point because so many things can change in football. Coaches, personnel, injuries.. just too many variables. What I can say with high degree of confidence is that he'll absolutely carry on in the same vein and exceed his recent performances in the future, wherever he plays — he’s that good.

RedTiger

Half mast
Is anyone else at all worried about his knee-sliding celebrations? Ole purportedly did his own knee that way after the 99 CL final, and never fully got over it. I have no idea how apocryphal that story is, though.

At the rate Greenwood is scoring, you could probably plant next year's crops in the furrows.
I've never liked players sliding on their knees after what happened to Ole, I'm suprised he hasn't told the players to cut it out but then again I understand how spontaneous your actions can be after scoring.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Scored more goals than Bobby No Goals "Most Complete Striker in the PL" Firmino :angel:

Dante

Average bang

Just fecking look at this.

All 16 goals he's scored for Manchester United. All but maybe 2 of them have been placed right in the corner and hit too hard for any goalie to reasonably save.

His xG might be low, but his perfect technique is what makes him so deadly and makes a mockery of xG in the first place.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It’s actually a bit surreal that we’ve got such a talent at our club. You see likes of Mbappe, Haaland and they just make you envious but now we’ve genuinely got someone comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.