5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

Very much invisible last night, poor game from our MF and AWB didn't help him either. Southampton did a good job on suppressing him, which isn't on Greenwood at all. Our tactics were wrong and some players had a poor game but i really can't blame anything on our Mason.

You wouldn't have known he was ever on the pitch if he hadn't been subbed off. He's young and will have these games, but it's probably a good thing to temper the ridiculous Messi/R9 comparisons that have been going on around here.

norm87cro

Maybe a rest and then prehaps a half hour chance is what he needs right now. He would have probably scored had Martial passed that ball (but like many others I'm not mad at Martial because of that). But we do need to rotate just a little

romufc

This shows exactly why we need Sancho.

Greenwood is still very early in his career, these games will happen where you do not get the ball much and you need a different option.

Even though he wasn't the best tonight, he didn't do much wrong on the ball, as usual his passing and decision making was good.

keithsingleton

Greenwood wasn't poor just quiet, never got involved much. Let's be honest he was due a quite game as he's been very active recently. Ole just may put him on the bench Thursday. No doubt more knee jerk reactions IS HE INJURED?
Probably do him more good if he sits one out now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was completely out of the game, it's all part of learning curve. Our midfield struggled today, so he was isolated. Few times he dropped deep to get involved. It was very much forgettable game for him.

Raven

If someone came in like that on me or one of my team mates, they're getting their leg snapped in return. Horrible challenge and 100% intentional.

Sea-Cow

I think he struggled to have an impact offensively because he was using so much energy tracking back and helping with Bertrand. And he did that job well. And Bertrand is a quality leftback so it was always going to be a difficult night for him.

Oh well. Hope that he learns from the experience and that his ankle is ok. We will need moments of magic in the run-in.

Ace of Spades

I am still shocked that there was no red for that bald cnut. It was such a deliberate nasty tackle on a kid.

A bit sad that no one gave something back to the cnut, how I miss the likes of Keane in these moments.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I've just read on the Man Utd app that Ole confirmed Mason has a swollen ankle from the Southampton game as a result of the Romeu challenge. Said he will give him as much time as possible the same as Shaw, but that doesn't seem too promising.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I've just read on the Man Utd app that Ole confirmed Mason has a swollen ankle from the Southampton game as a result of the Romeu challenge. Saod he will give him as much time as possible the same as Shaw, but that doesn't seem too promising.
That tackle got way to little attention. The most important thing with VAR should be to make sure every player knows that he will get sent off for a challenge like that. Inches away from really hampering the progress of one of our (and Englands) most promising talents in several years.

In fact, their should not be a time limit on it. Even if play goes on the referee should be allowed to send the player off five minutes later. If that is how much time those lazy people in the VAR studio need, fine!

roonster09

Scout
That tackle got way to little attention. The most important thing with VAR should be to make sure every player knows that he will get sent off for a challenge like that. Inches away from really hampering the progress of one of our (and Englands) most promising talents in several years.

In fact, their should not be a time limit on it. Even if play goes on the referee should be allowed to send the player off five minutes later. If that is how much time those lazy people in the VAR studio need, fine!
Yeah that's because it was ManUtd player on thr receiving end. If our player did it, there would be hours of debate and also so many journalists talking about it.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

It was a disgraceful tackle. Matt Le Tissier infuriated me on Monday talking about it. Prick.

ShinjiNinja26

Romeu the fecking dirty bastard! :mad: How that wasn’t a red I’ll never know. Hopefully the swellings not too bad and he’ll be able to play some part in the game.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

Agreed. Something like that shouldn't go unpunished when we/ the refs have the benefit of VAR. Correcting mistakes and spotting things that have gone unseen should be one of the benefits. It's a joke.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Yeah that's because it was ManUtd player on thr receiving end. If our player did it, there would be hours of debate and also so many journalists talking about it.
I mean, Rojo did a couple of those type challenges and barely anything was made of it. So I don’t think it’s your perceived club bias. If anything it’s maybe just to do with the reputation of the player themselves.

roonster09

Scout
I mean, Rojo did a couple of those type challenges and barely anything was made of it. So I don’t think it’s your perceived club bias. If anything it’s maybe just to do with the reputation of the player themselves.
Didn't know VAR was used when Rojo did it.

Nickelodeon

Why is that tackle not being considered as a retrospective ban? Surely the ref and VAR didn't see it at the time of action which makes it a candidate to be reviewed post the game. Why the FA don't want to protect one of the most talented youngsters in the league is beyond me?

E-mal

Why is that tackle not being considered as a retrospective ban? Surely the ref and VAR didn't see it at the time of action which makes it a candidate to be reviewed post the game. Why the FA don't want to protect one of the most talented youngsters in the league is beyond me?
They reviewed it(VAR) and decided not to punish it.

tjb

He was simply quiet because he could not get into the game as a result of our midfield's lack of control. Anyone saying he was poor simply has issues with reactions. It's like saying Kane is poor in a game he doesn't recieve the ball.

JB08

Didn't know VAR was used when Rojo did it.
It wasn’t, I’m talking about a few years ago, when Mourinho (I think was in charge). It was still on TV for everyone to see and little if any fuss was made by journalists as you suggested.

el3mel

Nah, he was double marked, kicked on a lot and clearly our midfield got dominated it didn't help.

The last matches teams double marked Rashford and now Sou double marked Greenwood. This shows what teams now think of him. Our trio is good, you can't double marked everyone. If one of the trio is marked out of the game the others will have more space and score.

The tackle against Mason was horrible. That cnut Romeu clearly wanted to hurt him. Watch the tackle again and you'd see. Mason is a young player and needs to be protected. He's the future of not only United but England as well. What the feck var was doing I can't get it. Look at the red card against Arsenal for example. Shocking ref and var, feck them.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Saying he was a very poor in a game doesn't mean he's not good in general.

roonster09

Scout
It wasn’t, I’m talking about a few years ago, when Mourinho (I think was in charge). It was still on TV for everyone to see and little if any fuss was made by journalists as you suggested.
I was talking about VAR era where everything that is missed by VAR is made big deal.

JB08

I was talking about VAR era where everything that is missed by VAR is made big deal.
I see. Well, my opinion still stands - I don’t think it would suddenly be blown out of proportion if it was the other way round and one of our players had done it.

romufc

Did they? I thought it was viewed quite a while after the actual challenge which is why they didn't/couldn't act on it.
VAR review most things.

They had a look at it and apparently there wasn't enough force.

Ball was gone, it wasn't a follow through, right above the ankle, looked pretty intentional.

roonster09

Scout
I see. Well, my opinion still stands - I don’t think it would suddenly be blown out of proportion if it was the other way round and one of our players had done it.
Well we have to agree to disagree then.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
VAR review most things.

Ball was gone, it wasn't a follow through, right above the ankle, looked pretty intentional.
1000% percent was. He was already stopped and had no need to take an extra step. He's known to be a dirty buggar also. He knew with the ball already gone the ref wouldn't be looking.

Unbelievable that Phil Mason deemed that to be OK.

For me 1 of them should be banned, either Romeu for the tackle or Mason for not taking action.

romufc

1000% percent was. He was already stopped and had no need to take an extra step. He's known to be a dirty buggar also. He knew with the ball already gone the ref wouldn't be looking.

Unbelievable that Phil Mason deemed that to be OK.

For me 1 of them should be banned, either Romeu for the tackle or Mason for not taking action.
I agree, it is pretty sad to see someone try do that.

The referee's job is to protect players, just because he didnt stay down, or break a leg doesn't mean it wasn't a dirty tackle.

I saw Cantwell overrun a ball yesterday and caught RLC and got a yellow because it was clear that he was going for the ball, got a yellow instantly.

The fact that the VAR officials didnt deem it necessary even to ask the on field ref to ask what he saw is not right.

We need to protect our young talents, too many times we see such talent go to waste because of injury.

KennyBurner

So with mason out does that mean we’re going to have to deal with this guy on the right?

id rather we start Mata on the right for extra creativity.

ShinjiNinja26

Did they? I thought it was viewed quite a while after the actual challenge which is why they didn't/couldn't act on it.
Nah they reviewed it at the time in the background, could’ve and should’ve told the ref it was a red card offence or even told him to take a look at it on the pitch side monitor but they didn’t cause they’re a bunch of incompetent clowns.

Nickelodeon

VAR review most things.

I actually thought that they didn't. Otherwise we would've had the game stopped with the VAR screen which shows 'Checking possible Red Card' and since this wasn't a straightforward decision, they would've taken some more time and the commentators would've announced accordingly.

Nickelodeon

So with mason out does that mean we’re going to have to deal with this guy on the right?

id rather we start Mata on the right for extra creativity.
James tries but fails at RW. Mata despite starting at RW and starts dropping deep to play meaningless short passes. The drop in quality from Greenwood is akin to Pogba vs Fred.

kirk buttercup

Play Rashford on the right and James on the left he seems to do a little better out there. If not play Igahlo as up top with Martial and Rashford either side if him .

Status
Not open for further replies.