Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
His pressing was pivotal to us winning a penalty. He's been a revelation as the 3rd man in attack and probably should have played more in hindsight.

Bwuk

If we do sign Sancho he’ll be scoring for fun.

Sancho is so good at those quick slide passes that allows the striker to hit a shot first time.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
My MOTM for today. Martial got the Pen but Greenwood made that goal because he stayed sharp and ready all game. He was more consistent and calm more than any United player out there today. Tell me I’m wrong..

RedStarUnited

He might not have scored, but it was probably bus best performance since the restart.

Between him and Rashford, I sometimes think they were made in different academies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
My MOTM for today. Martial got the Pen but Greenwood made that goal because he stayed sharp and ready all game. He was more consistent and calm more than any United player out there today. Tell me I’m wrong..
You're not wrong. In the final third he is our best player. Looks the most composed and mature. He oozes class. He was being asked to defend quite a bit today and that's the only reason I imagine Ole pulled him off, gave away two dangerous free kicks if I recall. But yeah, in the final third he is the player I am most comfortable seeing on the ball.

He's bailed us out twice at least, since the restart. Plays with so much maturity. An absolute natural.

Easily my favourite player.

lex talionis

Incredible how much Mason grew, both as a player and as a man, during the break.

I still want to bring in Sancho, but if that fell through I’d be very comfortable handing Greenwood the keys to our attack. Substantially superior to Martial and Rashford already. Mind-boggling to think how great he already is, and with his mentality, will be.

redshaw

Incredible for an 18 year old. Mason and Williams really held their own out there in a tense game.

Raven

Incredible how much Mason grew, both as a player and as a man, during the break.

I still want to bring in Sancho, but if that fell through I’d be very comfortable handing Greenwood the keys to our attack. Substantially superior to Martial and Rashford already. Mind-boggling to think how great he already is, and with his mentality, will be.
Substantially superior to Martial and Rashford? This may be the worst thread on the forum right now.

DarkXaero

Unlucky to be subbed today when he was the best player out of our front 3 (or 4). Great work to lead to the penalty.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He was just OK today. His dribbling was a wee bit clumsy I thought. Didn't quite look like he was in control of the ball. Passing was slightly off too, overhit a couple of through balls and link up was a bit clumsy with Wan Bissaka on occasions. We need to get him into positions where he gets more shots away. Don't think he had any today

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
It's criminal to see how we are wasting such a talent. Problem is our RB is clueless going forward and Mason is not getting on the front foot enough.
C'mon mate. He's put in 17 goals this season. He is starting every game. How is he being wasted? Even the right inside forward role gets him into shooting positions with his left.

Reddevildans

This guy is incredible for his age. Steps above rashford at the same age both technically and physically. I'm so glad hes one of us. Hes a gem and a future star.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Just a magnificent player, I think people are underestimating the impact he could have on us next season as he's only going up.

simplyared

C'mon mate. He's put in 17 goals this season. He is starting every game. How is he being wasted? Even the right inside forward role gets him into shooting positions with his left.
He hardly put a sweat on today because he was picking the ball up far too deep because Wan Bissaka stops up play. He needs the ball on the front foot so he can go at defenders. Yes he's scored 17 goals and that's an acheivment in itself. Doesn't alter the fact though he's been quite ineffective in the last couple of games. That said he should never have been subbed today. Crazy decision by Ole which could have backfired on us.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
He hardly put a sweat on today because he was picking the ball up far too deep because Wan Bissaka stops up play. He needs the ball on the front foot so he can go at defenders. Yes he's scored 17 goals and that's an acheivment in itself. Doesn't alter the fact though he's been quite ineffective in the last couple of games. That said he should never have been subbed today. Crazy decision by Ole which could have backfired on us.
That still doesn't mean he was wasted ffs

PaulScholes99

This boy is so talented and so good. After the game i was thinking if he has any real weakness. Offensively he hasn't imo but one thing where he could get better is in avoiding to give away these cheap free kicks around our box. Same can be said about Pogba.

I hope so much that he will mostly stay injury free, such a special talent. If he stays injury free i guess he will get 15-20 league goals next season and a few more assists as he actually has a good pass in him

Sylar

Would love him to get at least three goals in Europa to hit 20.

So nice to have a forward who can use both feet. Very talented

SAFMUTD

He's really promising and Im excited to see how good can he get, but has still a lot to improve. While he's deadly taking chances I think he still has to improve his overall game, some times the games goes by and you dont even realize he's there until a chance drop and he scores.

jesperjaap

It's criminal to see how we are wasting such a talent. Problem is our RB is clueless going forward and Mason is not getting on the front foot enough.
Disagree completely. We have handled him perfectly so far, bringing him in slowly from the bench at first as he grows and then starting him out of position for game time in an area we are weak. Often see really young talented centre forwards started out wide to help there game.

He has done brilliantly and already learned a lot and grown in this first season as a player.

However I kno wwhat you are saying, you are saying he has been hindered due to Bissaka being so poor going forward and the last 3/4 games yes he has been terrible. Over the season he hasnt been great, it is an area he needs to improve though I do see slight signs of his crossing or drilling the ball in from th eside improving....But for me he isnt hindering Greenwood, if anything and this is no criticism of Greenwood, it is the other way around.

Greenwood has defended well, also his distribution and link up play has been very good...BUT, he is a striker. So we havent seen him run at full backs often or cling to the touchline, he has often come inside with his movement, even in the final third moving towards the corner of the area at the least most of the time, so often Bissaka is isolated out wide moving forward, you see him with loads of room as he is the only player out there. As I have already said, he has been poor the last few games and needs to improve a lot in that area over all, but he was better earlier in the season often when it wasnt Greenwood and that isnt a coincidence and I do think with |Sancho in front of him and the differnt type of player he is to Greenwood, Bissakas frailties are far less relevant in that respect anyway

This must be one of the worst posts all year.

Considering we went through Brexit, a global pandemic and Liverpool winning the league, there have been some seriously bad posts to contend with.

It’s not even worth going through a rebuttal as others have already done this, and it would just be far too easy.

Appalling post, congratulations.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wasting him would be leaving him in the reserves like most other 18 year olds. :lol: what a stupid post

Womp

idiot
No, it's a number for our best player. Just stating my preference.
He isn't our best player and certainly won't be when Sancho comes in. Sky is the limit for him, but people need to relax with the kid, we've seen how his level has dropped as players paid more attention to him. He has a lot of learning to do.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He isn't our best player and certainly won't be when Sancho comes in. Sky is the limit for him, but people need to relax with the kid, we've seen how his level has dropped as players paid more attention to him. He has a lot of learning to do.
I beg to differ. His level "dropped" along with the whole team that was physically exhausted. Didn't stop him bailing us out when everyone was waiting for a miracle a few times post restart. For me, he is our most talented player. And I think in attack he looks our most composed and levelheaded player.

lex talionis

I beg to differ. His level "dropped" along with the whole team that was physically exhausted. Didn't stop him bailing us out when everyone was waiting for a miracle a few times post restart. For me, he is our most talented player. And I think in attack he looks our most composed and levelheaded player.
Hard to disagree with that. It's astonishing that he's only 18 years old and yet plays with such composure, effectiveness and end product.

Rashford got the credit for the assist (or do you get credit for a key pass that leads to a pk?) and Martial for taking the pass perfectly that led to the foul in the box, and Fernandes for the goal itself -- as they should -- but it began with a dispossession by Greenwood. He's not all just about taking a man on and scoring goals -- he does his part off the ball too.

SAFMUTD

He has the biggest potential of the squad without a doubt, buy at this point you cant say he's the most talented. Bruno, Pogba, Rashford and Martial are above him.

Also giving him number 7 at this point would only put him in enormous unnecessesary pressure.

Weve seen how that number have broke other players, Valencia, Di Maria, Depay, Alexis were all far more consolidated players than Mason and couldnt handle it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He has the biggest potential of the squad without a doubt, buy at this point you cant say he's the most talented. Bruno, Pogba, Rashford and Martial are above him.

Also giving him number 7 at this point would only put him in enormous unnecessesary pressure.

Weve seen how that number have broke other players, Valencia, Di Maria, Depay, Alexis were all far more consolidated players than Mason and couldnt handle it.
I don't think any of them really failed because of their shirt number. Valencia was then only one who you could make a claim for, he gave it up because he was superstitous about it. Depay came to us too early in his career, Di Maria just never wanted to be here and Sanchez was a mercenary who seemed like the pace of the PL had escaped him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

It didn't break Cristiano.

SAFMUTD

I don't think any of them really failed because of their shirt number. Valencia was then only one who you could make a claim for, he gave it up because he was superstitous about it. Depay came to us too early in his career, Di Maria just never wanted to be here and Sanchez was a mercenary who seemed like the pace of the PL had escaped him.
It may be all casuality, but when a player wear the number 7 here we expect him to perform according to it. Cantonas, Beckhams, Cristianos level, etc.

A number 7 is always the first name on the sheet, I dont see why would that benefit Mason at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.