5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

Don’t know why this thread has so much traction. Greenwood will be sat on the bench behind powerhouses like Mata and Lingard
Don’t get it either, keep hearing the youngsters are going to get games but they’ll have to wait for likes of Mata, Lingard and Sanchez to fail repeatedly before they get a look in. Greenwood might not even make the bench on Sunday, Gomes, Chong and Garner definitely won’t.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
No pressure, kiddo... just keep in mind, if you won't get past Van Dijk or not score a winner against City, the Caf will rip you to shreds and label you Welbz mark II.

AJ10

No pressure, kiddo... just keep in mind, if you won't get past Van Dijk or not score a winner against City, the Caf will rip you to shreds and label you Welbz mark II.
He was already ridiculed for his performance (he was really good) vs cardiff and then spurs in pre season. :lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Don’t know why this thread has so much traction. Greenwood will be sat on the bench behind powerhouses like Mata and Lingard
Obviously. He’s 17 years old FFS. What we’re all hoping is that he can make an impact off the bench and maybe force his way into Ole’s plans as the season progresses. The naysayers in this thread are infinitely more annoying than anyone who’s getting a bit carried away about his prospects.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He was already ridiculed for his performance (he was really good) vs cardiff and then spurs in pre season. :lol:
It's a recipe for destroying the mentality of young upcoming player, but if he'll survive and manage to bang some goals in response, I think Martial and Rashford should consider giving him their shirt numbers, as they have so much more to prove.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
17 year old kid. Even Ronaldo couldn't do it until 19 .

No pressure kid, absolutely no pressure.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Obviously. He’s 17 years old FFS. What we’re all hoping is that he can make an impact off the bench and maybe force his way into Ole’s plans as the season progresses. The naysayers in this thread are infinitely more annoying than anyone who’s getting a bit carried away about his prospects.
I am not a naysayer when it comes to Greenwood and think he is the most exciting prospect we have produced in years.

I hope he can make an impact off the bench and hopefully force his way into Ole's plan as the season goes on, but I have my doubts as to whether management will actually take the plunge and give him the chance.

We will see players like Mata and Lingard, despite adding bugger all, hoovering up all the minutes on the basis of their experience, which would clearly be a blocker to someone like Greenwood.

0le

I think if he is given appearances in the cups and a small number of PL games, we should expect 5 goals - a sensible target for a very young player on the fringes of the first team.

Handré1990

I am not a naysayer when it comes to Greenwood and think he is the most exciting prospect we have produced in years.

I hope he can make an impact off the bench and hopefully force his way into Ole's plan as the season goes on, but I have my doubts as to whether management will actually take the plunge and give him the chance.

We will see players like Mata and Lingard, despite adding bugger all, hoovering up all the minutes on the basis of their experience, which would clearly be a blocker to someone like Greenwood.
What exactly are you basing this assumption on? Must be some inside info since you and some other posters are repeating it ad nauseam.

ArjenIsM3

Interesting, I always had Sancho down for the number 7 but then that is cursed so maybe 11 if safer for Sancho
We'd need to get rid of Sanchez first to hand 7 to Sancho and we all know there's no getting rid of that guy with the contract he's got

Feed Me

I'm hungry
What exactly are you basing this assumption on? Must be some inside info since you and some other posters are repeating it ad nauseam.
Virtually everything posted on here is assumption based on experience or gut feeling

The proof will be in the pudding I guess.

I hope I am wrong and that it does not go the same way as someone like Pogba.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Thank God you're not manager then. As good as he is, no player his age with his inexperience should be playing every game. I believe he can reach crazy heights, but to do that, he has to be managed properly and him playing every game at this stage of his career is certainly not being managed properly.
It was just a wishful thinking from me.

Our attack is so dire, I’m looking from a 17 y.o. to entertain. Hmm..

jackal&hyde

3ed choice striker now for the first team. One injury or poor form from Rashford/ Martial and there will be huge responsibility on a 17 yo.

Patrick08

3ed choice striker now for the first team. One injury or poor form from Rashford/ Martial and there will be huge responsibility on a 17 yo.
I think Sanchez will step in that role and he will come in on the right.

Jambalaya

Yep. Martial to get 9, 11 reserved for Sancho
Do we have some agreement with Sancho?I see all the time on the forum how is Sancho nailed for next season.Did I miss something?

Back on the topic.

I hope we dont burn out this kid because of Woodward incompetence to find replacement for Lukaku.He is still young and he should eased in the first eleven.And before we all start to criticize him after some bad games(there will be some)we should all remember that he is 17y old kid who is thrown to the wolves by Ole and Woodward.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArjenIsM3

Do we have some agreement with Sancho?I see all the time on the forum how is Sancho nailed for next season.Did I miss something?

Back on the topic.

I hope we dont burn out this kid because of Woodward incompetence to find replacement for Lukaku.He is still young and he should eased in the first eleven.And before we all start to criticize him after some bad games(there will be some)we should all remember that he is 17y old kid who is thrown to the wolves by Ole and Woodward.
No and that's not what I've said at all. It's simply obvious that the club want Sancho and that we'll be in for him next year. Whether we'll be able to get him is a whole other matter. To be honest I think City might be in for him too with Sane's desire to leave.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
No pressure to the lad but he could be United best striker ever.

Every time he has the ball near opponent box, I'm expecting something incredible happen. If it's up to me, he'll be starting every game.
:lol:
Let’s not expect too much on the young lad, but would be surprised if he didn’t score over 15 goals this season.

Joseunited

Back on the topic.

Or maybe Ole thought he didn't need to find a replacement for Lukaku because of Mason?Why is he thrown to the wolves by Ole and Woodward?He's shown in pre-season he can play at a much higher level.

Bondi77

I am really looking forward to seeing him play this year and am confident he will fit into the first team squad this year. I think he will be used as an impact player on the RW but as a forward just the way most of the top teams do in the modern game.
When I hear people talk of wingers I think of fleet footed players whose main goal was to get to the byline and cross the ball for a forward to tap or head the ball into the net and I do not see many of those around now.
What I do see is teams play with three forwards who more often than not will try to score themselves then dedicate their game to assisting others so with Mason on either side he can go either way and be a real threat.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
No and that's not what I've said at all. It's simply obvious that the club want Sancho and that we'll be in for him next year. Whether we'll be able to get him is a whole other matter. To be honest I think City might be in for him too with Sane's desire to leave.
I feel like we've just put the final nail in the Sancho coffin. He wanted to see proof that we've sorted ourselves out. He'll have been watching what we do in the transfer window and I'm sure he's as underwhelmed as we are. He'll see all the abuse the club is getting over it, the negativity. We've just set ourselves up for a huge uphill struggle.

By the end of the season City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs will look more attractive to him, as they probably do right now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I feel like we've just put the final nail in the Sancho coffin. He wanted to see proof that we've sorted ourselves out. He'll have been watching what we do in the transfer window and I'm sure he's as underwhelmed as we are. He'll see all the abuse the club is getting over it, the negativity. We've just set ourselves up for a huge uphill struggle.

By the end of the season City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs will look more attractive to him, as they probably do right now.
Or we could integrate Sancho's mate Gomes into the team along with a few more academy graduates and make top 4 playing beautiful football, and he might be more than tempted to join us then.

pocco

loco
Or we could integrate Sancho's mate Gomes into the team along with a few more academy graduates and make top 4 playing beautiful football, and he might be more than tempted to join us then.
Is Sancho hoping to join a top 4 team? Whoever wins the title will probably be in for him. I think we needed to be challenging. Just goes to show how we've lowered our expectations when top 4 becomes the holy grail on here.

Hopefully by the end of the season Greenwood makes that RW spot his own and we don't even have to bother.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is Sancho hoping to join a top 4 team? Whoever wins the title will probably be in for him. I think we needed to be challenging. Just goes to show how we've lowered our expectations when top 4 becomes the holy grail on here.

Hopefully by the end of the season Greenwood makes that RW spot his own and we don't even have to bother.
Sancho will be joining a top 4 team and I can't see it being City with the way he left the club.

We finished 32pts behind City last season and only signed two clear upgrades in Maguire and AWB. So it's realistic to see us finishing in the top 4. I'm pretty sure the club will make a concerted effort to sign Sancho and have probably already done some of the leg work if the BBC is to be believed. If not Sancho then there's also Federico Chiesa we could go for.

Mason is a striker and will eventually be the #9 playing through the middle. He isn't a winger and shouldn't be seen as one long term IMO.

R'hllor

Anyone who puts a pressure on kids to be our saviors when next to them they have those overpaid cats is a bellend. Gonna just enjoy watching them giving their honest best.

pocco

loco
Sancho will be joining a top 4 team and I can't see it being City with the way he left the club.

We finished 32pts behind City last season and only signed two clear upgrades in Maguire and AWB. So it's realistic to see us finishing in the top 4. I'm pretty sure the club will make a concerted effort to sign Sancho and have probably already done some of the leg work if the BBC is to be believed. If not Sancho then there's also Federico Chiesa we could go for.

Mason is a striker and will eventually be the #9 playing through the middle. He isn't a winger and shouldn't be seen as one long term IMO.
Of course he'll be joining a top 4 team. But my point is, does he want to join a club that is only aspiring to be top 4? Why not league champions or chellengers?

I don't follow your point with the bolded part. Finishing so far behind City means we will probably make top 4, despite only 2 signings to the first team? I agree that we'll try to sign him, but i don't see what has changed now that will convince him we've turned a corner. I don't necessarily think he aspires to play for a team that aims to qualify for Europe, which is what some seem to have convinced themselves. I think he wants to sign for the Manchester United we used to know that competed on all fronts.

I agree re Greenwood being a Striker per se. However I can't see him jumping ahead of Rashford and Martial for a few years yet, especially under Ole who I think has a lot of time for Rashford. His best bet is to make that RW type position his own and integrate into the team. I like the look of him there and having watched him there, I'm less sure he'll 100% be a striker. He could make that spot his own or learn his trade there before being moved up front in the future, is what I'm trying to say. Another thing worth mentioning though is that our RW literally never has to hug the touchline, they spend most of their time drifting around the striker. We look like implementing a flyid front three with no fixed position, so they all need to be flexible. It's good for his development. I'm certainly not ruling him out for this role.

nyanza

Of course he'll be joining a top 4 team. But my point is, does he want to join a club that is only aspiring to be top 4? Why not league champions or chellengers?
Because City and Liverpool may not necessarily need him. Or need him enough to spend 100 million on him.

passing-wind

Needs atleast 9 - 15 goals this season. That's what happens when you've got a yes man novice manager and useless owners who seem incapable of replacing players adequately. Unecessary pressure is now placed on the youth prospects.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Needs atleast 9 - 15 goals this season. That's what happens when you've got a yes man novice manager and useless owners who seem incapable of replacing players adequately. Unecessary pressure is now placed on the youth prospects.
if he gets 5 goals, I will be very happy. He's 3rd choice striker and is 17. Anything above that and he has massively outperformed.

-Supreme-

if he gets 5 goals, I will be very happy. He's 3rd choice striker and is 17. Anything above that and he has massively outperformed.
I'd say he is 2nd choice in attack, considering Martial and Rashford will start majority of games

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'd say he is 2nd choice in attack, considering Martial and Rashford will start majority of games
Yeah, maybe, but I think you have to include Sanchez in there ahead of him - I know he's not been at pre-season, but he needs play if we're even going to ship him off.

-Supreme-

Yeah, maybe, but I think you have to include Sanchez in there ahead of him - I know he's not been at pre-season, but he needs play if we're even going to ship him off.
Yes forgot to include Sanchez, he'd be the key to define the success of our season imo

Status
Not open for further replies.