5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

At 17 he must be concentrated on his football. It is not mandatory to have a g/f, what is more, no one cares whether he has one. If he does, no one at all should ever find anything related to this in social networks.

Yet, instead of video of him training at Carrington (or doing extra training elsewhere at his free time - obviously he shouldn’t spend his time on anything else), people see him doing strange stuff before important game with Astana (a game which he should have started - prior to this video being published, that is)...
Is this a piss take? Some of the real life opinions on this forum are actually just as bad as the opinions on football.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
At 17 he must be concentrated on his football. It is not mandatory to have a g/f, what is more, no one cares whether he has one. If he does, no one at all should ever find anything related to this in social networks.

Yet, instead of video of him training at Carrington (or doing extra training elsewhere at his free time - obviously he shouldn’t spend his time on anything else), people see him doing strange stuff before important game with Astana (a game which he should have started - prior to this video being published, that is)...
Get a life mate :lol: you sound very boring.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Yeah... wow.

Ok, the 2 aren't mutually exclusive... you get that, right?

You also get that a teenager who has the physical strength to compete in the fecking PL will have crazy high testosterone levels right now?

You also get that this means the lad will have a healthy sex-drive?

You also get that the best thing for a young person with the above attributes is a regular g/f or b/f to form an actual relationship with?

Like I said, the geezer should be patted on the back - he's doing literally everything right.

Alemar

Ok, the 2 aren't mutually exclusive... you get that, right?
It is fine and perfectly acceptable if he has a girlfriend.

What, however, is worrying, is the fact that there are videos of Greenwood and his girlfriend in a public domain - it means that he is distracted from football.

A girlfriend - fine. He may feck her privately for as long as he wants, but he shouldn't be distracted by various instagram activities and should concentrate more on his football development. Private life - of whatever quality and variety - should be 100% behind the scenes.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Fecking. Hell.

You do realise he's not even old enough to vote. He's a fecking kid, yes it's a mistake, but it's fecking harmless.

macheda14

You are a weird person

Alemar

He's a fecking kid, yes it's a mistake, but it's fecking harmless.
For sure. I hope the club explains him: you may have whatever private life you desire, but for as long as you are so young and yet relied upon as a starter/rotation player in the senior team of Man Utd calibre at such an age, you must keep your private activities absolutely private.

Rinnegan240

Can totally see why some caftards are incensed. We want Mason to be the next big thing not Shaggertron 3000 and this video is proof that he's still a kid. Great at kicking a ball. . .but—still a kid.

Really don't think it's such a big deal as long as he gets on the pitch and produces results.

We're after all, a football club—not the moral police.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
For sure. I hope the club explains him: you may have whatever private life you desire, but for as long as you are so young and yet relied upon as a starter/rotation player in the senior team in such an age, you must keep your private activities absolutely private.
Yeah, I'm sure they will. That's not what you were saying though, you were saying he should be training instead of hanging out with his girlfriend, making cringey videos. That's what social media brought up, horny kids do!

Raw

Ole's really heaping the praise onto this kid. Called him one of the best finishers he's ever seen. Hope he lives up to that praise!

Alemar

Yeah, I'm sure they will. That's not what you were saying though, you were saying he should be training instead of hanging out with his girlfriend, making cringey videos. That's what social media brought up, horny kids do!
Well, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I meant, that if he posts any videos, it should only be videos of him training (or playing). He must be focused and be a model for younger footballers (and not for teenagers) - and in this regard videos of him training would help creating a perception of him being only focused on football development. Otherwise, the perception is that he is a "golden boy" who achieved success by 17 and is now enjoying his life already. The reality is he hasn't reached anything by Man Utd standards - yet.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Well, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I meant, that if he posts any videos, it should only be videos of him training (or playing). He must be focused and be a model for younger footballers (and not for teenagers) - and in this regard videos of him training would help creating a perception of him being only focused on football development. Otherwise, the perception is that he is a "golden boy" who achieved success by 17 and is now enjoying his life already. The reality is he hasn't reached anything by Man Utd standards - yet.
Yet in reality, Rooney was shagging grannies at a similar age. Footballers are allowed a life and even more important that young ones do.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why shouldn't he be enjoying his life, are you seriously saying that footballers who haven't made it yet can't enjoy themselves? Fecking hell.
He didn't even post the video, so crying about his Instagram is pointless.
As others have said, he's a young lad, he's going to have a social life. Try not to let a seventeen year olds sex drive get to you.

romufc

Yep. Seeing some people losing their collective shit over the kid having a gf and them fooling around is quite sad and actually a bit scary.
Do people actually realise that these guys are humans? Most of the fans losing their shit are jealous.

A 17 Year old playing for Manutd.... He can't have a girlfriend? Absolutely pathetic.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Do people actually realise that these guys are humans? Most of the fans losing their shit are jealous.

A 17 Year old playing for Manutd.... He can't have a girlfriend? Absolutely pathetic.
It's not even jealousy(or at least I'm hoping it's not because if so called grown ass men/adults are busy getting jealous over a kid with his teenager gf then we're moving to creepy territories now), it's just pathetic.

Kid fools around with his Gf. Stupid, naive, reckless teenage girl post it on social media(I mean every kids post everything on social media these days, these are the times we live in and people either have to accept it or stop moaning because it's like dogs barking a trees). That's pretty much what happened. Nothing to it. yet you have a bunch of adults trying to make a thing out of it. It is pathetic.

romufc

It's not even jealousy(or at least I'm hoping it's not because if so called grown ass men/adults are busy getting jealous over a kid with his teenager gf then we're moving to creepy territories now), it's just pathetic.

Kid fools around with his Gf. Stupid, naive, reckless teenage girl post it on social media(I mean every kids post everything on social media these days, these are the times we live in and people either have to accept it or stop moaning because it's like dogs barking a trees). That's pretty much what happen. Nothing to it. yet you have a bunch of adults trying to make a thing out of it. It is pathetic.

Yep, just because they are footballers doesn't mean they cannot live their life as a normal teenager too. They still will want to experience fooling around etc, it is a part and parcel of growing up as a person.

There is life beyond football as well, you have to give youngsters freedom to do things like this because really, it is not causing harm to the player or public. Get over it, is what I say to fans.

Ban

Ah grandad, in your days young people went to school through snow and storm, ate salted pigs head and never did anything remotely silly.

RedCurry

I just want a striker that is super young in his teens, to play like a 25 year old striker and to have a personal life of a 35 year old and a social media presence of a 55 year old. Am I asking for too much here?

Shimo

Hope he has a Rashford-esque impact tomorrow. His poor girlfriend will be in for it then !

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It is fine and perfectly acceptable if he has a girlfriend.

What, however, is worrying, is the fact that there are videos of Greenwood and his girlfriend in a public domain - it means that he is distracted from football.

A girlfriend - fine. He may feck her privately for as long as he wants, but he shouldn't be distracted by various instagram activities and should concentrate more on his football development. Private life - of whatever quality and variety - should be 100% behind the scenes.
1. He didn't post or 'make' the video - his g/f did.

2. He actually states in the video - lets go home and feck. So he's spending time, at home, with his g/f, doing a healthy activity.

3. A video like that isn't the problem - YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. It's you (and people like you) who make a big deal out of little Insta clips like this. Thus perpetuating the gossip mill of celeb culture.

It's as if you see a video of Mase playing with his g/f, or Pog dancing, or Lingard doing funny voices and you then decide that's all they do - when in reality it's a tiny snapshot of them having a laugh.

"They'd be a lot better if they didn't spend time on posting on Inta" - It takes like a minute to upload to Instagram, it isn't in opposition to their training - hence this generation of players being fitter than previous ones...

"Imagine the CO92 doing that" - as if they didn't mess about and have a laugh - Giggs and Beckham having multiple affairs, I'm sure more did also. FFS players were drinking in the 90s still.

Mason should be applauded for - thus far - having his shit together, and if Instagram or essentially reality, bothers you that much, I'd advise you to simply tune it out, because it's going nowhere.

Raw

"Imagine the CO92 doing that" - as if they didn't mess about and have a laugh - Giggs and Beckham having multiple affairs, I'm sure more did also. FFS players were drinking in the 90s still.
I bet if social media was around back then we'd see the same kind of stuff being posted from the likes of Giggs and Beckham, doesn't detract from their talents as a footballer.

Utdstar01

Jesus, it reminds you of how young he is when you see how young she looks.

This isn't a problem at all though. No doubt he will have been taken the piss out of massively at training today though :lol:

romufc

No one is claiming he has reached success.

he is 17.. I am sure he doesn't want to post about his training everyday. It's not like 17 year olds to post things they do in their social life. Get over it, having a gf doesnt imply you have made it.

Adcuth

feck that, hope he smashes the life out of a shit load of birds and bags on the pitch too. Wish I had been a fanny magnet at 17. Good on the lad. The more goals he scores too, the higher calibre of snatch he'll get. Win win innit.

Lynty

Spot on......except that its in the public domain and involves a player who represents our club so need to show better judgement about how he allows/encourages the people around him to handle his image.

Apart from that small part however, pretty much spot on.
He only wants to go home so he can feck. I'm failing to see any poor judgement here.

To be honest, its most likely playful banter. I doubt he's really announcing to the world via social media (including her parents etc.) that he's about to smash. And if not, well that's an issue for her dad not the club.

Prodigy24

Nothing wrong with that video, except the part where he sticks his finger inside his girlfriends nose and then back into his mouth. Nasty fetish there, Mason.

Anyway, hope he has a great game tomorrow and scores some goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.