5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RooneyLegend

He's going to be a great player for us but it'll take time. He's got some developing to do physically. Loads of quality though, he really is a clean striker of the ball. He lacks the explosiveness that characterizes great young players like Owen, Rooney, Messi and the likes.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hargreaves just mentioned on BT that Greenwood was slower than he thought. Not seen much of Greenwood but I also thought he was quicker than he looked tonight, he got outpaced a couple of times.

Can anyone confirm if he does have pace to burn?
He’s quick but Rashford is a little faster.

Tbh their left CB was actually very quick, he kept pace with Rashford 1v1 so not surprised that Greenwood didn’t beat him.

He’s fast enough anyway, he won’t be a kick and run player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Been saying it for ages but he is very good, for a 17 year old he got himself involved as well as he could. He did make a few mistakes but he also had a lot of good touches and some very good plays.

AFC NimbleThumb

Was impressed tonight & that was the goal aside.

Looks a talent but again he’s a striker that will be thrust into a wing position.

I know it’s old fashioned but I honestly feel we should be working on a formation with 2 strikers.

We have a number of ‘9s’ that have good technical ability & could link up given time.

Marcus, Tony & Greenwood are a great starting point for a front 2, add another and you’ve got real options.

Rinnegan240

He's great at smashing it in through tight and narrow legs :drool:

Saw nearly the same exact copy goal against Inter in preseason.

w1thout

Really loved the goal, reminds me of the way RVP used to pull the ball to his other leg and shoot.

I should note beforehand that I only got to see the 2nd half, but it seemed like he didn't anticipated passes into space and his hold up play was not great.
Other than that he doesn't seem very explosive, but then again so was RVP.

Certainly excited to see him going further into the season.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Very good goal. Should do wonders for his confidence. We need someone who can do that sort of stuff.

Davie Moyes

@Adnan. Well done to the lad. You and his family must be well chuffed. What's your view on his pace? He strikes me as fast without blistering speed but more importantly not someone who relies on pace but more technique ala RVP.

mav_9me

@Adnan. Well done to the lad. You and his family must be well chuffed. What's your view on his pace? He strikes me as fast without blistering speed but more importantly not someone who relies on pace but more technique ala RVP.
Exactly. He is fast enough particularly over the first few yards but not pacy like Rashford or James.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
From watching him, what strikes me is his decision-making. For someone so young, he's a step of the rest. When you combine that with impeccable technique off both feet and a calmness inside the box well... :drool:

littlepeasoup

Just imagine you've scored your first senior goal for the club you've been playing for since you were six. Oh, and that club happens to be Manchester United; one of the biggest clubs in the world. Oh, and it's the winner at Old Trafford, where Best, Cantona, Giggs, Law all plied their trade. Oh, and you're also seventeen years old.

It's the stuff dreams are made of and no one can ever take that away. Made up for the lad and here's to many, many more.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We're extremely happy he got his goal at 17. But everytime he plays I'm so nervous that I can't quite describe to you what a nervous wreck I am.

Mason was always considered fast as a school boy. But as a footballer he's fast and will get quicker because he's still so young. He isn't express pace, but is more than quick enough IMO and will improve in that regard as he grows into his frame.

Red00012

Just going to imagine it was one of Greenwood’s team mates who got the ball for that goal.

Mata - would have most likely kept it on his left foot crossed it or squares it.

Rashford - brought it on his right , taken his man on and hit the west stand or side netting.

Matic - passed it back to Romero

Lingard - he would have tried taking him on and have lost possession.

Rojo - Anyway From a shot without taking a touch to going in 2 footed on the ball to doing a rabona.

Fred - ok I give up

Not one player would have done what a 17 year old just did. He’s going to be a superstar. He probably won’t start Sunday but will hopefully get game time followed by a start v Rochdale.

Oh dear - don’t let him come on here after the inevitable bad game. Listen to the match day fans, and not keyboard warriors on a forum, otherwise he will lose his sanity.

As others have said he has mannerisms and plays a bit like RVP. Given we have no right winger, he’s sure to get some minutes out wide this season.

He’s only 17 and it looks like OGS will be managing him effectively - Looking forward to seeing him develop.

The White Pele

A typically well-taken goal. He’ll hopefully add to it against Rochdale and then he’ll really be up and running

Devil may care

Lovely composure for his goal, not everything he tried came off but he plays with such confidence that he just keeps trying to make something happen and it eventually paid off.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
People forget Ole’s comments like this when others express annoyance at him not playing ahead of Pereira when a forward is injured. Then he’s just another 17 year old, and ‘which one of those plays for a first team?’

It’s clear Mason is no normal 17 year old, he’s very much a first team player, and we have a shortage of forwards. He should undoubtedly be playing ahead of Andreas if replacing a forward in the team.

Tarrou

I'd rather see him up front the next time he starts one of these

Struggled to get in the game at times but showed his class for the goal

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If James or Martial are still injured then he should start against West Ham.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Looks as elegant as van Persie in the box. Such composure. I absolutely love that he's great with both feet.

MDFC Manager

Still a lot of physical development left in him. We shouldn't start him too often just yet, even though most of us (myself included) would love watching him every game!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nothing has changed my opinion I've had months ago that he's going to be a top, top striker. Yes he's raw in some aspects, but that's expected for a 17 year old. He already has a very good size to him combined with his movement not being bad at all, he just has to grow into his own body essentially and learn how to use it at the professional level, and he'll get that added explosiveness. He has such a calm head on him both on and off the ball, even though he is raw and inconsistent in some aspects, he can still look excellent on the pitch with his nose to get in goal scoring chances, his decision making on the ball as well as his striking ability. Just always looks a threat and that's why he'll always play a role this year and will only get better for it.

Once he adapts to the professional level, matures a bit physically and learns how to use his body, as well as refines his game a bit, he's going to be brilliant. It won't even take that long either IMO. Just shows another level of composure and movement at 17 that pretty much all of our other attackers never showed. By next year can easily see him starting in that front 3, but it's also important to remember that he is only 17, which inevitably means that he's going to have inconsistencies and occasional bad performances or runs out of the team. That's all normal, as he's years away from hitting his prime.

jackal&hyde

Very good goal and he is as clear destined to be first 11 material as it can possibly be. Him and Gomes will be part of our attack for many years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.