Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
There is no reason for him to be behind Lingard anymore.

RooneyLegend

Certainly looks left footed, really surprised to see him take the pen with his right. Huge huge talent. Him and Gomes are going to save us alot of money.

acnumber9

The one thing we can be positive about. He’s comfortably the best young player United have produced since Scholes.

Raw

I just wish the rest of the team was good enough. He should be in a team that can create better chances and can provide great movement for him to thrive in and develop his goalscoring talent.

Based Adnan

He has better decision making and better runs off the ball than Rashford. Better finisher as well.

The_Midfielder

He keeps finding space.. that is what i like about him.. not speedy though.. but the way he was placed open a few times.. I think Pogba found him once .. others Didnt even look.. just shoot

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He has better decision making and better runs off the ball than Rashford. Better finisher as well.
Yep, he's already better than Rashford at most aspects of being a centre forward. Just needs to keep learning and maturing physically. Huge potential though.

Alemar

He had like 5 shots saved today and sent a couple just wide, so still needs to work on his finishing.

Yet, he finds himself in positions to get the ball and make a shot - unlike Rashford. And a very well taken goal - so it is a very nice progress for Mason. Start against Arsenal I would have thought (maybe on the right if Martial is back, otherwise up top)

Suedesi

He keeps finding space.. that is what i like about him.. not speedy though.. but the way he was placed open a few times.. I think Pogba found him once .. others Didnt even look.. just shoot
A good striker doesn't necessarily need to be a speed merchant. You actually have more time than most people realize when on the penalty area. The right touch is more important than pace in the area, and Greenwood so far has demonstrated the former in abundance.

redshaw

Scored two nice goals, very similar to each other against Astana and Rochdale to dig us out of the crap.

I liked how he was getting into a lot of positions I'd say a natural striker does, two footed as well. For a slight 17 year old he's done well and kept focused on the job.

ManchesterYoda

I think the best front 3 we can currently go with is

Rashford - Martial - Greenwood

Fred and McTominay CM partnership with Pogba as No.10

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
No ridiculous flashy skills. No media frenzy. No stupid hair cut. Just a kid that is a pure striker that uses every inch in the box purposefully.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looked a little nervous at first but really grew into the match, by 60 mins he was 1 touch passing and making some lovely runs.

His goal is almost becoming his trademark from that side! Love that he went near post this time, just shows how deadly he can be when he gets hold of it properly.

it’s crazy how relient we are becoming of him already! It’s almost not fair but he’s so talented he’s just taking it in his stride. So proud of the kid!

Other players go missing all game, but mason could have scored 3 again tonight, that’s a sign of a top player.

kundalini

Decent performance. Got a goal. Had 3 other good chances, the near post attempt that was saved was fine, the other two he could have done a lot better, one of which was towards the end of the first half when through on goal but made the angle worse for himself and then the 2nd half chance after Dan James' counter-attack, was straight at the keeper. Another three shots from just outside the area that were blocked or went wide. Also created Pogba's headed chance.

For me, the issue is can we find a way to get him in the team for PL games and create enough chances for him to get goals ?

Last edited:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I knew his goal would come once he missed a couple of big chances, as well as those speculative ones that he created out of nothing. He is a true striker with a good allround game. Such a joy to watch his movement, but the moment of the game from him, for me at least, was that cross to Pogba. Should have been a goal that. Van Persie regen

VJ1762

Mason Greenwood is awesome! I told guys that he is ready for men's football. Literal definition of ambipedal.

My only concern is that he is coming into a team that is littered with mediocrity all around. If we could create chances, he would score a lot more. I atleast hope he is on the bench on Monday because Auba & co are going to tear us a new one and we need some ammunition in attack.

Devil may care

He reminds me of Jadon Sancho in his composure and awareness of team mates and movement, all of which are well beyond his years, he plays with a lot of maturity in his game. He missed a couple of half chances tonight but he took his goal superbly, same position as against Astana but cut the other way and used his left, then took his penalty with his right, ice cold, he feels like a special talent IMO.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's great to see him getting out on the first team. It doesn't matter how young he is, he is producing right now. Granted, the opposition is not the best and he may not be ready for the top level, but what is there to lose at this point by giving him opportunities on the RW? I definitely agree with those who see him as a special talent, I hope he stays focused and keeps making the choice to keep him off the starting XI a difficult one for Ole.

Red_toad

He should start as the striker when Martial is injured. Rashford is absolutely useless as a 9. Keep Rashford on the left where he’s best.

And give him more than 10 minutes ffs Ole
Rashford isn’t absolutely rubbish as a striker, what a ridiculous post. He’s stats are near exactly the same as Martial’s. Rashford is currently out of form, it happens. Once the team is playing cohesive football our strikers will look far better, as they’re feeding off scraps the majority of the time

Jimmy_Bond

He is an amazing talent, but we can't be playing him every week. Need to protect the talent and not feck it up due to how crap we are at the moment.

We have to use him sparingly, as if we were good, otherwise you could have a burned out under developed player in a couple of years, much like public enemy number one (or is it two?) at the moment.

Ban

Rashford isn’t absolutely rubbish as a striker, what a ridiculous post. He’s stats are near exactly the same as Martial’s. Rashford is currently out of form, it happens. Once the team is playing cohesive football our strikers will look far better, as they’re feeding off scraps the majority of the time
Go with the flow and hate Rashford.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Should start with Greenwood as a striker agaisnt Arsenal, now that Rashford and Martial are injured.

Classical Mechanic

90% sure he's naturally left footed. There's 2 or 3 clips from youth level and preseason where he adjusts his body to use his left foot where using his right would have been easier.
It seems so. Looking back at his goals and there is a little more crispness on that side too. It is hard to tell because I saw him score two freekicks with his right foot in one game at youth level!

Should start with Greenwood as a striker agaisnt Arsenal, now that Rashford and Martial are injured.
Is there any other choice?

KranjskaKlobasa

He has bags of potential but he is too focused on scoring. There were a few times in the game where he had a far better positioned teammate but he did not even saw them.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It seems so. Looking back at his goals and there is a little more crispness on that side too. It is hard to tell because I saw him score two freekicks with his right foot in one game at youth level!

Is there any other choice?
Jesse as false nine?

Status
Not open for further replies.