Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

Go with the flow and hate Rashford.
I can’t mate. Feckin over all this spiraling negative shite. Everyone attacks all the players, even the ones other clubs would gladly take from us and utilise correctly.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very well taken goal, apart from that he came close to scoring 3-4 times. When he gets into one on one against defender, there is always hope he will score. More often than not, he will at least shoot as he can shift the ball either side. Very hard to defend.

Hopefully he will start against Arsenal, don't think we have any other choice.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Mason's getting into the right areas and scoring goals. For a schoolkid you can't ask for much more can you? Just gotta hope he continues to hit the back of the net, especially as everyone else who's fit (except James) looks like a no hoper in front of goal.

El Zoido

He looks good. If he plays he’ll get us goals, I’m confident of that. And right now we really need goals.

In Rainbows

Very well taken goal, apart from that he came close to scoring 3-4 times. When he gets into one on one against defender, there is always hope he will score. More often than not, he will at least shoot as he can shift the ball either side. Very hard to defend.

Hopefully he will start against Arsenal, don't think we have any other choice.
That's been a glaring problem for Rashford. He's wasted a shooting chance in the past because he does not want to shoot with his left.

roonster09

Scout
That's been a glaring problem for Rashford. He's wasted a shooting chance in the past because he does not want to shoot with his left.
Tbh most of the players are too one footed. It's very rare to see players who are so comfortable with both feet. I don't understand why players don't practice it more, it's such a great weapon especially for attackers and midfielders.

Without checking, if I have to divide players into categories then
- Players who are so good with both feet, it's hard to say which is their stronger one. They are comfortable taking set pieces with both feet, like Sneijder, Perisic, Greenwood.
- Players who are very good with their weaker foot, like Ronaldo, Nani.
- Players who can use weaker foot now and then - Plenty of players
- Players who just refuse to shift the ball to their weaker foot - like Anderson, Rashford, Valencia.

dev1l

I didn't watch the game but seeing Greenwood scoring again is one of the few positives.
That and Tuanzebe s performance and Williams debut show that there is still hope.
The team will benefit from this in the longer term.

Alabaster Codify7

Good finisher but he's 17 and it shows, understandably, his all-round game is still in progress.

He has potential for sure, but there's also a chance he gets given 150k next summer if he scores 10 goals this season and our dreadful coaching setup might be the ruin of him - look at how badly Rashford has stagnated.

romufc

Good finisher but he's 17 and it shows, understandably, his all-round game is still in progress.

He has potential for sure, but there's also a chance he gets given 150k next summer if he scores 10 goals this season and our dreadful coaching setup might be the ruin of him - look at how badly Rashford has stagnated.
This. Greenwood will have to leave Manutd in the next 3 years if he wants a successful career. He will not fulfil his potential at United.

Bruno8

You can see he is a proper striker and he needs to be eased into the team so he can quickly cut out mistakes. Will definitely be a better player than Rashford

jb8521

This. Greenwood will have to leave Manutd in the next 3 years if he wants a successful career. He will not fulfil his potential at United.
Yeah a 17 year old who has scored in his last 2 games definitely needs to leave for the sake of his career. Do you people not get sick of this constantly negative bullshit & eagerness to find negatives in everything about the team you supposedly support?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The run across goal in the 2nd half to get on the end of Wan Bissaka's cross is exactly why i'm so excited about him.

His movement and positioning is of a proper striker. He's hungry to score goals and proactively moves first, rather than ball watching and hoping it reaches him. The keeper did well and got his positioning perfectly to stop a near post tap in, but rarely do we ever see our players making those sorts of runs that Aguero and Kane make every single match.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yeah a 17 year old who has scored in his last 2 games definitely needs to leave for the sake of his career. Do you people not get sick of this constantly negative bullshit & eagerness to find negatives in everything about the team you supposedly support?
Feck me you’re so spot on.
You wonder if some so called fans really want to see a successful Utd or just indulge in the constant moaning

romufc

Yes, I support the team and I would love him to be at United for a very long time but I also do not want to see such a potential get wasted because how sheet this club is run and managed.

We have not at max improved 2 players in the last 8 years, a clear indication that Utd is not the best place for his development. Constant negative bullshit? its called realistic.. what in this Utd set up do you see as positive?

Uncle Pat

Really enjoying seeing Mason break through. His composure is absolutely top notch. Just seems so calm and assured. Nice to see.

romufc

Feck me you’re so spot on.
You wonder if some so called fans really want to see a successful Utd or just indulge in the constant moaning

Yes, the fans have the right to moan when you have seen 7 years of crap and we can barely challenge top 4 in September.

It’s embarrassing and until the Glazers and their cronies feck off, we will continue to be the laughing stock of football
I guess this isn't a moan then? Do you want Utd to be successful? the constant badgering of the owners. Is it the Glazers fault that Ole cannot beat a League 1 team in 90 mins? Is it their fault that Utd can't create chances against Prem teams?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yes, the fans have the right to moan when you have seen 7 years of crap and we can barely challenge top 4 in September.
It was in response to a fan suggesting that greenwood should leave. That’ll help!

I guess this isn't a moan then? Do you want Utd to be successful? the constant badgering of the owners. Is it the Glazers fault that Ole cannot beat a League 1 team in 90 mins? Is it their fault that Utd can't create chances against Prem teams?
Yes it is. They make the appointments and they have been bleeding the club for years. Woody is their man. It’s clear you support them

Love the players fans etc but hate the administration

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
2 almost identical goals in a week, probably the only positive from last night but it's a little 'worrying' just how many chances he's getting that he's not taking. Both last night and against Astana he should have been walking away with at least 4 goals across both games

romufc

Yes it is. They make the appointments and they have been bleeding the club for years. Woody is their man. It’s clear you support them

Love the players fans etc but hate the administration
I don't support Glazers or Woody, I want them both out but the coaching / managerial choices are rubbish.

However; saying that I am shocked in the lack of development players have at this club even under Jose and Ole. That is not the fault of the Owners. The manager has to be able to get the players to fight.

Look at what Rafa done last season with Newcastle.

Chicharito_

He has bags of potential but he is too focused on scoring. There were a few times in the game where he had a far better positioned teammate but he did not even saw them.
And I was delighted to see this tbh.

Martial isn't greedy enough and Rashford is only greedy when shooting from 40 yards, we need a natural selfish goal scorer like Mason and I'm delighted to see it.

romufc

Get a grip - why don’t you go off and ‘support’ some other team.
Just because you dont agree with my opinion, doesn't make me less of a fan than you. Fans like you who think they know it all is the problem. You think your opinion is the best for the club?

I do want the club to be successful, But I also want to see talented young players thrive. We have seen it with Janujaz, Rashford and all that we struggle to get the players to fulfil their potential.

The last thing I want to see is a 20 yr Old Greenwood on £200k a week being stagnant. The current environment surrounding Utd is not good for a youth players development.

roonster09

Scout
2 almost identical goals in a week, probably the only positive from last night but it's a little 'worrying' just how many chances he's getting that he's not taking. Both last night and against Astana he should have been walking away with at least 4 goals across both games
It won't work like that, if that's the case strikers would have had 70-80% conversion rate.

Just because you dont agree with my opinion, doesn't make me less of a fan than you. Fans like you who think they know it all is the problem. You think your opinion is the best for the club?

I do want the club to be successful, But I also want to see talented young players thrive. We have seen it with Janujaz, Rashford and all that we struggle to get the players to fulfil their potential.

The last thing I want to see is a 20 yr Old Greenwood on £200k a week being stagnant. The current environment surrounding Utd is not good for a youth players development.
I have no problem with different opinions.

Although the utter doom and gloom on here is sad and has infected the online fanbase.

The big issue I have with your post is that you think a player needs to leave to fulfil his potential, a lad who has played 3-4 games for the club, that’s utterly defeatist - no matter how bad the club has been over the past 5 years, there are still only a handful of clubs that are bigger than us. There are very few big clubs with a better record of bringing through young players.

jb8521

Yes, I support the team and I would love him to be at United for a very long time but I also do not want to see such a potential get wasted because how sheet this club is run and managed.

We have not at max improved 2 players in the last 8 years, a clear indication that Utd is not the best place for his development. Constant negative bullshit? its called realistic.. what in this Utd set up do you see as positive?
So you'd prefer to see him leave & become a superstar elsewhere rather than playing for the team you support? We haven't seen any more than 2 players improve in 8 years? These type of hyperbolic black & white opinions are what's wrong with this place, just because a player doesn't become a star doesn't mean that they haven't improved or developed from where they were & you say it's not a good place for development but are you surprised when we have supposed fans writing off a 19 year old Chong after a couple of nervous games in a poorly functioning team where experienced players are just as poor & then have people like yourself saying Greenwood should leave if he's to reach his potential when he's the only 17 year old playing in the league. To answer your question there aren't a huge number of positives at the moment which is why when we have a positive in Greenwood people like yourself feel the need to turn it into a negative by saying he should leave for his own good rather than enjoying the impact he's making.

cyberman

If you don't want the best for United then you don't support United. You're a football fan who looks out for our results
Fans talk about a lack of success resulting in the club losing global fans as if its other fans. Out there. Not realising they themselves are in that group.
Wishing away players is just a sign of that. Another few years of this and you'll see fans rationalising their lack of support as being down to age, not being emotional investested as much etc.
You supported United for what we won, not for the club itself. Hence why not competing for the league title means we should sell all our decent players to save themselves from this hellhole.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
So you'd prefer to see him leave & become a superstar elsewhere rather than playing for the team you support? We haven't seen any more than 2 players improve in 8 years? These type of hyperbolic black & white opinions are what's wrong with this place, just because a player doesn't become a star doesn't mean that they haven't improved or developed from where they were & you say it's not a good place for development but are you surprised when we have supposed fans writing off a 19 year old Chong after a couple of nervous games in a poorly functioning team where experienced players are just as poor & then have people like yourself saying Greenwood should leave if he's to reach his potential when he's the only 17 year old playing in the league. To answer your question there aren't a huge number of positives at the moment which is why when we have a positive in Greenwood people like yourself feel the need to turn it into a negative by saying he should leave for his own good rather than enjoying the impact he's making.
I get where you're coming from, I also think he's going to be one of the few bright spots in an otherwise difficult season, but you've also said why it's not necessarily the best idea to keep him on the team at the moment. There just isn't much leadership and at this rate, it won't be long before he's considered a necessity for this team to be more successful. It's just a very difficult situation and pressure to be in at his age, not to mention the distractions he might face being around adults, driving their fancy cars and going out to parties while he's on kid's wages and yet making an impact. There are just so many behind-the-scenes issue that can arise without a strong locker room and leadership to manage that. United has been successful in the past bringing in youth because they had a great team of professionals to keep the young players in check and make them a bonus and not a necessity so early in their careers.

That being said, Greenwood is such a talent that maybe that pressure doesn't get to him at all and he comes out good but he wouldn't be the first ultra talented player to go off the rails because of too much too soon.

Remember the geese

Yes, how 'worrying' it is that our 17 year old forward hasn't scored 4 goals in 2 games.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His development at the club is going much much better than his family and friends could've anticipated. We're delighted with how things have been handled by the club and Coaching staff.

settembrini

Another very good performance and goal. Solskjaer's faith in him is being proven correct.

Steven-UK

Greenwood has a striker's instinct, you can see it, and you don't see it often. Rashord on the other hand does not have it (I'd get rid of him tomorrow). We need to give this lad as much playing time as possible, to get his used to the step up, conditions, and tempo of the prem, and I feel he is going to be here a long time as a top, top player.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I realise that, my comment was a play on how hyped this kid is for his clinical finishing
Apart from finishing, young players usually doesn't have the composure to score as many goals. Bear in mind he is only 17, most worldclass strikers would have struggle to score at that age.

Handré1990

His development at the club is going much much better than his family and friends could've anticipated. We're delighted with how things have been handled by the club and Coaching staff.
Reads like a press statement! :lol:

How anyone in this thread is doing anything other than gloat in the absolute delight that is watching history in the making, when our own 17 year old kid has 2 goals in 3 starts for the first team is completely beyond me. We talk a lot about other fans, but after watching grown men spend pages for discussing a few silly Snapchat vids in the midst of this run, tells me our fans are top of the weird,creepy and sad pile.

Keep it coming, Mason!

Status
Not open for further replies.