5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulRich

The key here is not to heap too much expectation onto the lads shoulders and blend him into the 1st team over time. His potential is undeniable.

RedCurry

This performance was nothing for him to be ashamed of. He struggled to stamp his authority in the game but he was disciplined in possession. His presence allowed James and especially Rashford to play their game.

I want to see him get more aggressive in possession and when his teammates have the ball.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My bad it was indeed Demichellis
Here's the goal btw.
Thanks. I saw it immediately after you guys mentioned it. Strange how some moments aren't remembered fondly and vividly possibly becuase they were part of many false dawns or runs/wins that led to little.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Thought he was good considering his age. Struggled physically but linked up play well and forced a decent save from Gazzaniga. If we had a decent number ten then perhaps he'd find more chances to score. I'd start him on Saturday as it allows Rashford to play on the left though I'll understand if Ole doesn't start him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He wasn't much involved in the game and was passive (which is very much expected given his age and his physicality). He had his moments with good link up plays and nearly scored too. This game should be a good learning experience considering he was up against very good and experienced CB Toby and very physical CB Sanchez.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Thought he was good considering his age. Struggled physically but linked up play well and forced a decent save from Gazzaniga. If we had a decent number ten then perhaps he'd find more chances to score. I'd start him on Saturday as it allows Rashford to play on the left though I'll understand if Ole doesn't start him.
I'd understand if we had someone to replace him, as it is though not playing Greenwood, would surely mean Lingars at CF as there's no way he moves Rashford off the left after that performance.

In Rainbows

I think it's good that although he's being quiet, he isn't playing immature. I think it's a good sign that he's keeping possession in a game where the play is much faster than he's used to. I feel the same about Gomes.

Bondi77

I thought he did well and he was tidy in possession and harassed the opposition. More games like this to get him up to the speed of the game and he has got a decent physique already so it won’t be long before he will be able to hold his own.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

Craig Ward

He was quiet, but effective. He wasn't sloppy or wasteful, just lacked some space and opportunities.

You just know if he gets a proper chance, he can take it. He had one chance and made the keeper work

If Martial is out against City, i'd still play him

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The only half a chance he had he got a shot on target, and forced a good save.

Was quiet but played neat and tidy.

Good experience for him.

meamth

Every time Sissoko closed him down I felt scared for the boy.

Clearly a man in a kids body for now, need to grow at rapid rate.

Boggles my mind how big Rooney was in his 16.

romufc

I think Greenwood was very good yesterday. For fans saying he is not ready is slightly worrying.

He kept possession better than Martial does and played the right pass most of the times.

I would like to see him start more games.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I thought he did well and he was tidy in possession and harassed the opposition. More games like this to get him up to the speed of the game and he has got a decent physique already so it won’t be long before he will be able to hold his own.
Agreed, I thought he kept them on their toes far more than Martial usually does on a more consistent basis. Granted there's nothing wrong with a striker who is out of the game for long periods who can come alive at the key moment, but with the all-action front line Ole's trying to implement I'd like to see Martial take a leaf out of Greenwood's book in moving constantly near the centre halves. We've not benefited enough from our forwards unsettling the opposition with movement off the ball, be it runs in behind or just in front of the line, and Mason was good at that yesterday.

DFreshKing

His movement and pressing helped the team a lot. Understated and was quiet although the shot hed had was quality and brought about a decent save. I really like this kid and think he has special potential. Hast to be given time and we still need Haaland but I think Greenwood can get plenty of game time rotating the 9 and on the right forward spot.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't really think he was quiet at all.

In terms of shots on goal yes sure, but he was involved in the build up play and link up plenty.

He didn't get any chances individually apart from the snap shot that he did well with (forced Gazzinigga to save)

Apart from that he didn't lose the ball easily, he played simple quick passes into peoples feet. A good match.

I expect he will get more chances away to City than against Tottenhams defence.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
He had decent game, one promising chance which was saved. He didn't shine that much alone, but his runs and movement opened up space for James and Rashford.

AshRK

Really matured performance. People seem to forget he is just 18 and yet whenever I see him he looks so composed and calm on the ball. I am not too worried about him not able to score more. It is better to develop gradually rather than just bursting and then doing nothing. If am to predict I still think he will reach double figures by end of the season, which would be a good start.

OohAahMartial

Thought it was an intelligent team focussed performance by him, and contributed to our attack looking a lot more fluid than normal, although I think some praise needs to be given to Jesse for that too. With a little bit of luck he would have scored too. Very impressive considering his age, and just finding his place in this team. Ole will be well-pleased.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I have zero expectations for him this season but I've been impressed.
Was mature with the ball last night and almost came away with another goal.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Thought he put in a mature performance last night. I've been a bit negative about him but its mostly because people have been acting like he's going to come in and score a goal a game. As shown last night, it's much more likely he'll be a non-impactful player who'll offer a strong presence and draw defenders away for other strikers do to their thing. I'm sure he'll score now and then as he has the instinct but not consistently until he's a few years older.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's a 'moments' player for now. I don't think he's had a full match that we'd be salivating over if it weren't for his age and hype (except maybe that last league game last season where he could have scored about 5 goals), but every match there's flashes of brilliance and a promise of things to come in a few years. The question is whether it'll click and come together for him a lot faster than that, or whether it will take a few years in which case would he be better off being loaned out to a Championship or Bundesliga team for a season?

Devil may care

Big move by Ole to play him as the #9 against Spurs, he didn't get as involved as you'd hope but his movement was decent and when he did get the ball he moved it smartly most of the time, for me he did well in a tough role for an 18 year old with limited senior experience.

Mr PG

Greenwood over martial for me as his movement is much better. Martial would be top class with a midfielder to always pass to his feet.
Greenwood kelt it tidy in possession is a better finisher and has poacher insists which both Rashford and Martial lacks. I love Greenwood man... such a natural footballer. Need to play him more it might be just shyness preventing him from imposing himself more in games

MDFC Manager

His movement in the box really amazes me. Always manages to stay free of defender's attention while also staying onside. Most strikers take years of top flight experience to develop that.

Fridge chutney

United have been nurturing Mason since he was about 9 and it became clear he had the potential to be something special, especially as he can use both feet. Amongst the current crop of talented youngsters he is considered by far and away the best. I am excited for his career ahead and hope he can stay grounded.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
United have been nurturing Mason since he was about 9 and it became clear he had the potential to be something special, especially as he can use both feet. Amongst the current crop of talented youngsters he is considered by far and away the best. I am excited for his career ahead and hope he can stay grounded.
We have similar stories with Welbeck and Lingard and neither reached the heights that were hoped from them at youth level.

Some things to be excited about but he has such a long way to go before he can be considered a true Manchester United 1st Xi quality player.

zenith

Hope ole trusts him to start against city. In a scenario where we get even half a chance, I would trust greenwood to convert it, much more so than martial.

He'sRaldo

Hope ole trusts him to start against city. In a scenario where we get even half a chance, I would trust greenwood to convert it, much more so than martial.
Opposite for me. He's snatched at quite a few of his chances this season despite his reputation for being a deadly finisher.

Maybe he needs to adjust to higher-level keepers or something; the good thing is that he usually gets one or two good chances like that per game due to his movement.

Foxbatt

It's the way he normally strikes the ball that's noteworthy. He reminds me of the way RVP strikes the ball.
He ought to make it and I feel playing on the wing is not his position. He is a striker. As others have said his movements in the box is very good.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Well played son. Overjoyed with his two goals and feeling proud of the lad tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.