5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

Our brightest player the second half. It’s a shame he’s coming through in a team like this.

kundalini

A couple of moments of quality, the touch before being fouled near the edge of their area and the shot just wide. Surprised he didn't start.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
No reliable striker and 18 year old must save his club, because no one apperently can finish in this shithouse.

Feel sorry for Mason, but at least he's getting games, but what can he learn from his more experienced teammates ?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I'd just love for that to be a goal. Such cynical play to bring him down. If that was Jones vs Salah it would be a straight red card. Greenwood would have scored 100% but he hasn't built up a reputation yet so the bias didn't go in our favour, or maybe he just plays for the wrong club. That goal would have been Bergkamp-esque.

Art Vandelay

No reliable striker and 18 year old must save his club, because no one apperently can finish in this shithouse.

Feel sorry for Mason, but at least he's getting games, but what can he learn from his more experienced teammates ?
He could learn how not to grasp the opportunity to be first choice striker. I think Ole holding him back a bit is now the right thing to do for the kid, you can't ask him to step in and carry this shit show on his own. The pressure he'd be under would be immense. We need a striker in to at the very least take a bit of the goal scoring burden away from what is essentially a kid.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He could learn how not to grasp the opportunity to be first choice striker. I think Ole holding him back a bit is now the right thing to do for the kid, you can't ask him to step in and carry this shit show on his own. The pressure he'd be under would be immense. We need a striker in to at the very least take a bit of the goal scoring burden away from what is essentially a kid.
We had Dybala on the plate, then we had chance to sign Haland. Nothing happened and nothing is happening so far. He better prepare himself to play loads of matches this season because we have no other natural finisher, not to mention players to feed him with many assists.

I can't believe we have seven central defenders in the club and not one experienced finisher. People running this club have zero imagination.

Let's just hope he won't get injured.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He should've started. Had a few really good touches. He's a quality youngster that is unfortunately now going to be thrown in a shit situation because the management decided to not give us any depth, leading to injuries, leading to overexposure of young players and potentially harming their development. How a shit cycle becomes worse.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He should've started. Had a few really good touches. He's a quality youngster that is unfortunately now going to be thrown in a shit situation because the management decided to not give us any depth, leading to injuries, leading to overexposure of young players and potentially harming their development. How a shit cycle becomes worse.
Same thing with Dan James for me.

Way to many minutes this season, now looks burnt out and people slagging him off.

bosnian_red

Same thing with Dan James for me.

Way to many minutes this season, now looks burnt out and people slagging him off.
Yup. All stems back to shit squad building, no depth. It's a shame, because we have the makings of a very good group. Just it'll be wasted (and yet worse, ruin the progression of these players) if we don't sufficiently reinforce it.

el3mel

He's doing pretty well considering the hot mess he's surrounded with. Shame such a talent has to develop in such terrible atmosphere.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s got an uncanny talent of dealing with awkward balls doesn’t he? When it’s played over the top between two defenders more often than not he figures out a way to get a touch on it with his foot instead of a wasted head flick on. When he gets drilled passes that bobble around he’s always got the right touch for it.

It’s these small things that he can constantly do with ease that make me think he’s just very special.

Either that or I’m just amazed someone can trap a ball in this United team..

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not starting him was big mistake. We have Rashford injured, so Greenwood should have played as RW to add goal threats.

GazTheLegend

Had a great game, looked dangerous and started off pretty much all our decent moves second half.

Should not be relying on him at this point though, madness to go into a season with an 18 year old who had never played a professional match as your backup striker if even one player gets injured.

One of the only bright spots of our season

Bwuk

I think Mason has to start from now on to be honest.

If he doesn't I don't think we have enough goals in the front 4. Look at the 3 behind Martial yesterday, none of James/Mata/Andreas will get close to 10 goals this season. Fred and Matic aren't going to become regular goal scorers either.

It puts us utterly reliant on Martial to score. I'd play Greenwood upfront with Martial.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Like others have said, we can't really afford to drop him, he's our 3rd highest scorer this season. Williams is a year older than him and has locked down a starting spot so perhaps it's time to trust Greenwood, he's a lot more of a threat than James who looks knackered at this point.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I like the idea of not overplaying him. However, if Rashford is injured, then that idea should not be the case anymore. We got no choice and we need someone to replace Rashford’s goal, and this guy is natural goal scorer unlike Mata, Pereira and James.

Web of Bissaka

Ideally we shouldn't rely on a kid, but considering the dross we are having...

We need him to play and start as much as he can. He's the likeliest to score goals, and at least offer attacking threat.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
In upcoming months he'll milk the experience of pressure in a huge club with a glaring dysfunctions. Knowing how issues are addressed by officials, he'll be forced to play pretty much every game.

Feeling sorry for him and in the same time kinda feeling excited knowing we'll see him a lot.

mu4c_20le

Mad. Stats right up there with Rashford's debut season and he's not even a starter.

Dan_F

Needs to impose himself a bit more in games, good pen nonetheless. Just don't see him asking for the ball much, the way Rashford did when he was 18.
I disagree, a lot of games people were saying he drops too deep to get on the ball. Can’t have it both ways. Mind you, the same thing is said about Martial, so I’m pretty sure it’s the tactics rather than the player.

Seems to me he’s going to end up more of a classic striker, than a inside forward like Rashford.

bosnian_red

Gotta love how refined he is as a player. Very good touch, passing, shooting with either foot, good movement on and off the ball, and pretty mature decision making all things considered. He'll get the explosiveness with time, and he'll get more confidence to assert himself more. Only natural that at 18 hes more on the periphery on games but still coming up with great moments every game.

Whatever people say about our squad building being shit, you have to praise the youth system. So much promise coming out of it, just hope it doesn't get wasted.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I don't think he has as much natural ability as Martial, but he shows the instincts of a centre forward way, way more. The runs he makes, his movement, anticipation of where to be and where the ball will be. Martial is more impressive when running with the ball but I'm sure Greenwood will be a better goalscorer in time.

Last edited:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I don't think she has as much natural ability as Martial, but he shows the instincts of a centre forward way, way more. The runs he makes, his movement, anticipation of where to be and where the ball will be. Martial is more impressive when running with the ball but I'm sure Greenwood will be a better goalscorer in time.
Greenwood is better finisher as well.

Handré1990

I don't think she has as much natural ability as Martial, but he shows the instincts of a centre forward way, way more. The runs he makes, his movement, anticipation of where to be and where the ball will be. Martial is more impressive when running with the ball but I'm sure Greenwood will be a better goalscorer in time.
Disagree. Besides, natural ability is worthless in itself, it how you apply it on the field that matters. I think Greenwood will be the much superior player. When he won that freekick vs Burnley he showed enough natural ability, guile and creativity to show he has a couple of gears left in him.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I agree. Being two footed helps there too. Martial always needs to adjust if the ball doesn't fall on his right. Greenwood looks much more comfortable getting a shot away 1st time.
Martial is a better dribbler in closed space. That's the only thing I can think of that he is better at.

But for me, with all his ability and the positives aside, Greenwood seemed a bit uncomfortable or not so confident in himself today. After the penalty, and that smile especially, he seems to be more involved and also didn't have a worried look on his face.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Disagree. Besides, natural ability is worthless in itself, it how you apply it on the field that matters. I think Greenwood will be the much superior player. When he won that freekick vs Burnley he showed enough natural ability, guile and creativity to show he has a couple of gears left in him.
I think he will be the better player too, I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Martial is incredibly talented, but he still doesn't look comfortable in any particular position, be it through the middle or from the left. I think Greenwood is already the better centre forward and understands the position more. I'm not suggesting Greenwood has no natural ability, far from it. For me, Martial is more skilled with what he can do with the ball at his feet, but perhaps doesn't quite know how to unleash his full potential. I don't see Greenwood rinsing defenders like Martial can, but he looks more intelligent, better coached and more composed.

Greenwood seems to play from the right to accommodate Martial through the middle at the moment, but if it was up to me, I'd push Martial wide and Greenwood through the middle at every opportunity. I don't see Martial ever being an out and out centre forward.

Handré1990

I think he will be the better player too, I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Martial is incredibly talented, but he still doesn't look comfortable in any particular position, be it through the middle or from the left. I think Greenwood is already the better centre forward and understands the position more. I'm not suggesting Greenwood has no natural ability, far from it. For me, Martial is more skilled with what he can do with the ball at his feet, but perhaps doesn't quite know how to unleash his full potential. I don't see Greenwood rinsing defenders like Martial can, but he looks more intelligent, better coached and more composed.

Greenwood seems to play from the right to accommodate Martial through the middle at the moment, but if it was up to me, I'd push Martial wide and Greenwood through the middle at every opportunity. I don't see Martial ever being an out and out centre forward.
Like @Relevated said, he’s better at dribbling in tight spaces. I agree with you, Greenwood knows how to move, and has that instinct. He also has rinsed several players this season, it just happens to be the last defender before he sticks it into the back of the net most of the time:cool:

This kid has it all!

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I agree. Being two footed helps there too. Martial always needs to adjust if the ball doesn't fall on his right. Greenwood looks much more comfortable getting a shot away 1st time.
Well this bit isn’t true. Martial is very comfortable taking the shot on with his left foot. It’s an area of his game that has notably been worked on over the last 12 months. He scored the winner in the derby on his left.

Status
Not open for further replies.