Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
What a find!!! fcuk Haaland. We don't need him when we have this kid to grow alongside Rashford over next coming years.

Todays goal reminded me of some of Cantona's very best goals.

Is this breakout season of his even better than Rooney's first season for us?
Absolutely not.

Rooney was frightening at that age. Experienced defenders were scared stiff of him. 2004-era Rooney was one of the best 18-year-old seasons ever seen in the game.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I have absolute faith he'll score in every home game against the lesser sides, that's why it pisses me off when he's left on the bench

Has to start Thursday night

kiristao

I thought he was very average today but knew that if he gotta one decent chance he would score and he did just that.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Absolutely not.

Rooney was frightening at that age. Experienced defenders were scared stiff of him. 2004-era Rooney was one of the best 18-year-old seasons ever seen in the game.
Rooney also entered a much better side with Scholes, Giggs etc pinging him passes etc.

Lets see how the number comparisons stack up end of the season. Greenwood has scored and assisted loads!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I have absolute faith he'll score in every home game against the lesser sides, that's why it pisses me off when he's left on the bench

Has to start Thursday night
Surely you understand that his age and our current dearth of strikers means that he has to be used carefully and judiciously?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Surely you understand that his age and our current dearth of strikers means that he has to be used carefully and judiciously?
I think it was the game against Burnley at home that was the one that really annoyed me, he understandably didn't start the game before at Anfield but the game afterwards was the Tranmere one. Poor decision making from Ole there

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Out of interest, do non United fans know what a talent we have on our books right now?

All this hype about Haaland is over shadowing what Greenwood has achieved this season. If he was at Madrid or Barcelona, entire world would be going nuts about his numbers.

Rajma

Kinda did his usual where he wasn’t really in the game bar a moment or two. At times I’d actually forgotten he was on the pitch but man that goal. When I saw it shaping was never really in doubt.

He does have to start getting involved in games and having more of an impact throughout them as at times he’s just a bit of a passenger But man can the boy finish. Can’t wait to see more development out of him.
I think it's simply a physical aspect as he's still in teenager's body and sometimes he doesn't have a confidence to get stuck in against EPL mutants.

LoneStar

First of all, another great goal. His shooting technique is ridiculously good.

Felt he was anonymous in the first half, and then played better in the second. I feel he's wasted on the wings. Needs to play more centrally off Martial.

flappyjay

I think that's what separates him with the likes of Haaland. Haaland already has the body of a man, Greenwood whilst not being small himself he doesn't have the strength yet. Eventually his body will catch up to his football iq and technique.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes brilliant technically, that's why I'm so confident with him. Excellent movement, his touch is already so sharp and good, his passing is pretty much always crisp and hes brilliant at those long range switches to the left wing that Van Persie also use to ping out. Then in the box of course he can score any type of finish with either foot. 11 goals before March in his first season is so good, especially as hes mainly used as a right winger. Just wait til he catches up physically, before long he'll be a key player for us. Might not be until the end of next season or the year after, but he'll break through soon enough. In the meantime, brilliant squad player.

Mike Smalling

Not his best display overall, but damn is that left foot lethal. You just know it will be at least a qualified finish every time, and most often a goal!

He should look to get more involved in the build up play, when he is playing on the right, because he has the ability. He often makes good cross-field passes and can beat a man with dribbling or a simple feint like for his goal today. Just need a run of games and bit of confidence I think.

Hope he plays Thursday - if he starts I would expect a goal!

gza the genius

He was quiet for large periods but he looked good most times when he did get on the ball. And then obviously the goal was fantastic. Such an exciting young player.

Leonzo1

The kid is special.
Next Season we need to get a RW, Mason to be first sub for all front 3 positions and the occasional Start. The season after that he should be ready to make the starting striker spot his own. We need to manage him properly for that to happen.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
His first couple of goals made me gasp. Now when he pulls of those RVP like finishes, I just chuckle. Always emphatic. Fantastic talent, he’s gonna be a monster.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
10th goal of the season. Solid output from a young lad.
Solid? He's totally surpassed what any sensible person would expect from a kid coming out of the academy. He's a clinical finisher and a very silky player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was pretty bad in the 1st half (to be expected of an 18 year old in an unusual position) but 2nd half he really came alive.

I thought he looked a bit stronger than usual, he was fighting off the LB when pressed and managed to turn him and get away which was nice.

The run for his goal was great, he looked pretty quick again - think this will return more often once he works on his stamina. Beautiful finish as per.

tjb

He is special. Will definately be the future no.9 for us. Knowing this, I would be ok with signing an older no.9 for the next 3 seasons. The real question is, what type of no. 9 is he going to be. Whatever the case, he still has a lot of work to do in that regard.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So the club unearthed yet another gem.

Seriously, what other big world team does this?

Rashford and Greenwood could be our forwards for the next 10+ years. Both from the academy.
It really is remarkable. McTominay has also turned into a very capable CM and while he may not be a starter when Pogba gets back, he's still an excellent squad option.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This man has added tight dribbling to his toolbox now. Jesus Christ. He now has a god given finishing talent, a killer pass for a teenager and some tight left footed dribbling ability. I’m ready to be wowed by this man for the rest of my life

sp_107

What about playing on right wing for the rest of the season, who can cut in to his left (the way RVP played at the beginning of his career) or more like Robben?

edgar allan

It really is remarkable. McTominay has also turned into a very capable CM and while he may not be a starter when Pogba gets back, he's still an excellent squad option.
Pogba is gone lad....let's move on and concentrate on players that want to play for our club.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pogba himself came from our academy, sort of.

Utdstar01

This man has added tight dribbling to his toolbox now. Jesus Christ. He now has a god given finishing talent, a killer pass for a teenager and some tight left footed dribbling ability. I’m ready to be wowed by this man for the rest of my life
He's always been able to dribble and been very adept in tight situations, just not shown it as much in the seniors yet. Those who haven't watched much of him in the academy won't know this though of course.

AmanNits04

This guys always has a goal in him. He just somehow ends up scoring. I really like this about him. He is creative and has that craft of a lethal striker

In Rainbows

Absolutely not.

I agree it's Rooney, but we also shouldn't compare this season's Greenwood with Rooney in his first season with United. Rooney was 18 to start, and turned 19 around October in his first season with United. Rooney's last season with Everton is the more apt comparison.

RUCK4444

Such a classy player, Greenwood in a front three with Rashford and Sancho would be a thing of beauty.

All British youngsters as well.

Chairman Steve

He's great. More than capable of finishing the season between 15-20 goals this season (injury pending). Does anyone think he's gone under the radar of the general football public? Or is it just the way it is now with this recent surge of talented English footballers and he's fallen into that surplus? If this was 10 years ago, the press would have gone mental for him.

Let's hope he continues upon his projected path of being Regen van Persie. :D

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He’s also the most two footed player in the team right now. So much so that some observers think his right is his stronger foot.

Very level headed and if things aren’t going right, he’s prepared to wait. He’ll break the deadlock in big games for club and country.I have no doubt

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Such a classy player, Greenwood in a front three with Rashford and Sancho would be a thing of beauty.

All British youngsters as well.
Oh! Careful now, talking up British youngsters gets you loads of flak on here:wenger:

Brightonian

He's great. More than capable of finishing the season between 15-20 goals this season (injury pending). Does anyone think he's gone under the radar of the general football public? Or is it just the way it is now with this recent surge of talented English footballers and he's fallen into that surplus? If this was 10 years ago, the press would have gone mental for him.
The press started to get buzzy about him and Solskjaer wisely benched him for a few games, even thought it was around when Rashford got injured and we could easily have tried turning to him to fill the void. It was an excellent bit of long-sighted management.

Status
Not open for further replies.