Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I understand that he in terms of style can appear a bit like RvP but as a player he reminds me a bit of OGS in 1996/1997.

His potential is obviously bigger and he will probably be quite different when he fill out a bit.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I actually thought he had a good first half. Though wasn't really given anything to work with in the second half. Most balls seemed to be big long crosses into the box, which he was never going to be great with.

criticalanalysis

On an individual level, he makes the right decisions and isn't selfish, which is great because we know we have a player with talent and ability.

Problem is we're expecting too much from him by starting games like this when he doesn't quite have it yet.

Should have done much better for the header though and probably should have taken a shot on the edge of the box instead of squaring to Martial.

Can't complain too much. He's one for the future but producing the goods in the present.

The United

Ole should stop starting him in high pressured games. He is not ready for these kind of games.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought his first half was very good tbh. Was sharp, made good decisions and used the ball really well. 2nd half just looked his age and visibly tired (not surprising). This is the difference between him and some other young players who make their mark early like Mbappe and Haaland. Physically he's not there yet, even though technically he is an excellent player. Once he develops that part of the game, he'll be ready to start way more. Til then should be used basically as Ole has used him.

kundalini

I thought his general play was good in the first half, though his header was a poor attempt from a decent position. 2nd half I don't know what he was doing when he was through on goal after Fernandes' clever dummy, he made no attempt to go directly towards their goal, even delayed momentarily, so inevitably Keane and others got back goal-side. Perhaps Keane would have got back anyway but at least ask the question, put in play the risk of a red card if he gets a challenge wrong. I noticed one poor pass that led to an Everton counter attack with Calvert-Lewin's shot from a tight angle saved.

Devil may care

He used the ball well but never really got a chance to get a shot off and there was no connection between him and Martial. Carragher mentioned his off the ball movement being really good, we just didn't find him from midfield.

tomaldinho1

I think the danger with Greenwood is that he's not rushed into being a first team player. You can see the potential and of all our young outfield players he is the one who excites me the most but it's also clear his body needs to develop and you can't speed up time. He is an excellent option from the bench or just for rotation but he's not an RW and should be putting pressure on Martial for No9. In 2-3 years he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Stadjer

He used the ball well but never really got a chance to get a shot off and there was no connection between him and Martial. Carragher mentioned his off the ball movement being really good, we just didn't find him from midfield.
The one time he was found after Bruno let the ball go he did almost everything wrong. Wasnt quick enough and also wasnt quick enough with his decision when he eventually had a bad pass towards Martial.

However it is unrealistic to expect a lot from him right now. I think he is doing more than fine this season so far.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Does well = should be playing every week
Does bad = why did he start

The kid needs a healthy mix of success and failure to grow. He’s doing very well right now.

LASK 0:5 Man Utd

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It should never be forgotten how young this boy is. What he's done this season is simply out of this world. Born goalscorer.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The way Ole is managing him deserves a lot of credit even if I do want to see him every week

Mailo

This boy is like a pistol shrimp with those two feet of his.

Last edited:

Kostov

This kid is a killer. Absolutely deadly feet. We can buy Sancho or whoever the feck we want but Mason Greenwood is the big deal.

Mike Smalling

Great goal! It is a shame that the Europa League wiill likely be suspended, because he would have had a great chance of being top scorer, given that we would have gone far in the tournament.

Jonno

What a finisher he is. He doesn’t seem fazed or even bothered he’s scoring at this level, he‘s destined for the top.

PA of 199 this lad.

Chairman Steve

Is Greenwood an RVP fanboy? I swear every game he does something that is uncanny to him. He surely must have been inspired by him otherwise that’s a hell of a coincidence.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Great goal! It is a shame that the Europa League wiill likely be suspended, because he would have had a great chance of being top scorer, given that we would have gone far in the tournament.
Suspended doesn’t mean cancelled

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just imagine how good he's going to be once he's grown fully?

Looking back 1 year to the PSG game and he looks so young and skinny compared to now, eventually he will fill out like Rashford and he's going to be unstoppable.

Already looks like his speed is back too, think his pace suffered a little at 1 point where his legs looked a bit unsteady but he's back flying again.

I saw somebody posted a stat saying he's hit over 37kmph this season which wouldn't surprise me.

Alemar

Our first goal off two posts in quite a few years I think. Fabulous strike, and assisted by Chong too

Status
Not open for further replies.