5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

2 goals behind Firmino? Level on goals with Lacazette? He should be very proud of his contribution this season.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The goal goes in because the keeper doesn't know when the shot is coming, which foot he's shooting from and where he's placing it. That's what happens when you're a true two footed player. Absolutely fantastic finish. He's deadly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Quite amazing that he's close to 15 goals for the season.
I called it before the season that he'd score ~15 goals! In that thread asking how many each will score in all comps. Was spot on with Greenwood/Rashford/Martial, it's the others that have lagged way behind as the reason why we struggled to score though (compared to my guess).

Kid is a natural. Thought he'd have this impact but at the same time am surprised that he's actually lived up to it effortlessly. He's a 30 goal a season player in the making.

Okey

You see him face up to goal and you just expect to see the net bulge. Such a natural finisher. In terms of the pure art of striking a ball at goal, never mind this kid being the best finisher at United, he's up there with the very best in the world!

Falcow

Really didnt think he would score this much this season, very happy to be wrong, would be great if he he can score another 4 or 5 between now and season end....provided season runs as normal.

RedIan

He lethal bearing down on goal. His two footed ability makes him a nightmare for defenders. Watch him switch feet before he scores..

Crashoutcassius

He has been incredible. We have real cause now not to sign too many players that will block his path. Personally feel our attack has a good balance today, but we can upgrade james.

Devil may care

Was the goal his first touch? Only on for 7 minutes and bagged a goal, he's lethal, one of the most exciting prospects in Europe, to get double figures in his first senior season is incredible.

Based Adnan

For the amount of minutes he's played his goal return is incredible. Scary that it's only his first proper season as well.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I know its not very important but I'm glad he got a goal from the LW areas today instead of the right hand side. I'd had been dying to see that.

Considering he is so two footed - I wanted to see how he would do had we stuck with the same formation & Greenwood covering Rashford's position on the left until he got back if it was ever needed.

Greenwood- martial -James

Works a bit better than

James - martial- Greenwood

In my eyes.

Its James providing chances for two strikers off the left vs 3 different forwards trying to play in a true sync.

(Greenwood is definitely better from the right but we have to play with true forwards to let martial be the central link man in between them. James is usually a winger more than a forward)

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He lethal bearing down on goal. His two footed ability makes him a nightmare for defenders. Watch him switch feet before he scores..
Somehow I knew he was going to switch it and go near post. Souch confidence in him. He's got an incredibly future ahead of him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In my opinion, apart from Sancho, he's the most talented teenager on the planet.

In Rainbows

His favorite player is Rooney.
Nah, he's said in the past his favorite player is Brazilian Ronaldo. Sometimes kids want to say a United player because they think they should. It was the same with Januzaj, and Gomes. You can tell which players they model their games after and which players they've spoken of in the past.

SAFMUTD

In my opinion, apart from Sancho, he's the most talented teenager on the planet.
He's really good but I wouldnt take it that far, there are plenty of high level teenagers besides Sancho and Greenwood, some examples:

Joao Felix, Vinicius, De Ligt, Haaland, Ansu Fati, Camavinga, Tonali, Alphonso Davies all of them hugely talented and taking more important roles in their teams that Greenwood currently.

Not saying Greenwood isnt a world class prospect but I dont think we should overhype him.

He's really good but I wouldnt take it that far, there are plenty of high level teenagers besides Sancho and Greenwood, some examples:

Joao Felix, Vinicius, De Ligt, Haaland, Ansu Fati, Camavinga, Tonali, Alphonso Davies all of them hugely talented and taking more important roles in their teams that Greenwood currently.

Not saying Greenwood isnt a world class prospect but I dont think we should overhype him.
De Ligt and Felix are 20 if we're being pedantic and Fati definitely doesn't have a more important role for Barca than Greenwood does for us. Agree with the rest, but I like the amount of minutes and responsibility Mason is currently being given. One of my favorite parts of Ole's management this season probably, other than a few games here and there where I think he should have been given more playing time

Art

Art the artist
Nah, he's said in the past his favorite player is Brazilian Ronaldo. Sometimes kids want to say a United player because they think they should. It was the same with Januzaj, and Gomes. You can tell which players they model their games after and which players they've spoken of in the past.
Greenwood told reporters he's looking to emulate his idols:

"Wayne Rooney and the Brazilian Ronaldo have always stood out for me. I've always looked up to them.

"Rooney is such a great goalscorer, that is what I want to be. He's done most things on a football pitch and you have to have a role model.

On Ronaldo, he added: "Ronaldo was quite a while ago—but my dad used to show me clips of him. He used to play for all those great teams."

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His goal was fantastic, angle was tight but somehow he scored it.

It's great to see him making full use of his squad status. 12 goals this season and he is just 18. He has scored 5 in Europa, top scorer has scored 6.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Just unreal. For an 18 year old to show that level of confidence and composure, I haven’t seen that here since Rooney. He just looks like he’s been doing it for years.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Just unreal. For an 18 year old to show that level of confidence and composure, I haven’t seen that here since Rooney. He just looks like he’s been doing it for years.
Astonishing finish again.I've watched it several times and he chooses the near post.It wasn't a hit and hope. He shapes up like RVP, then strikes it with real precision.

Older fans will remember Jimmy Greaves, who'd hit the ball towards the GKs legs and often went near post as they weren't expecting it. Mason just has that confidence.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Any statnerds know what the record is for most goals in a season at 17-18? In Europe’s top 5 leagues? 12 goals is seriously fecking impressive.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Any statnerds know what the record is for most goals in a season at 17-18? In Europe’s top 5 leagues? 12 goals is seriously fecking impressive.
Only Sancho is ahead at present...I think.

Not sure about all time

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Only Sancho is ahead at present...I think.

Not sure about all time
Blimey, Sancho is so established at this point in time I forgot he was the same age bracket as Greenwood! Haaland too, actually. (Though his record is a mix of Salzburg/Dortmund)

Andersons Dietician

The kid has some sort of laser guided aim. No way did I think he’d squeeze that in front post on his left and yet somehow he managed it. Struck it with force as well so he cant be lacking confidence in that aspect. He’s ridiculous.
Noticed he is starting to be more involved as well with his minutes on the pitch. Before he seemed to be a bit of a passenger just watching not really participating but he is really trying to get involved which is great to see.

Okey

The kid has some sort of laser guided aim. No way did I think he’d squeeze that in front post on his left and yet somehow he managed it. Struck it with force as well so he cant be lacking confidence in that aspect. He’s ridiculous.
Noticed he is starting to be more involved as well with his minutes on the pitch. Before he seemed to be a bit of a passenger just watching not really participating but he is really trying to get involved which is great to see.
He's getting used to men's football. Quite the step up from the boys. Most kids take a while to feel like they belong there. Especially when they haven't fully matured physically. Dude is gonna be a mega star, barring injuries...

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He was 17 to start the season.

What an exceptional talent.

neilv93

Mason van Perswood doing it again. Obviously health and sorting out the COVID-19 problems are way more important but, if all goes well, I really do hope we get to finish the season because he's got a really legitimate chance of an EL golden boot and winners medal. Exceptional talent for his age.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Completely agree with this. It’s clear to see his game is coming on leaps and bounds. If he can make that final step of influencing the game even more then we are talking about a special, special player and you know what, I think he will!

Havak

Pokemon master
Unlikely the games go ahead of course (I feel like I'm going to have to put this in every post I make at the moment), but he should be starting against LASK and Norwich, even if it's from the left rather than centre forward. Lethal finisher. He will get 15 for the season despite slightly more limited game time, but I wouldn't be surprised if he can sneak the 20 mark either if we keep up the good cup form.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Felix and De Ligt are both 20, but yeah I don't dispute that there are a lot of really good teenagers. However, I stand by what I said, I think Greenwood's more talented than all of them, doesn't mean he's a better player currently (physically he's got some catching up to do but he's younger than nearly everyone you've listed so he's got time) but he's absolutely oozing with natural ability that sets him apart at the very top, his technique is breathtaking. I've been saying how good I think he is since his breakthrough for the U18s.
can you imagine Greenwood was having this season for a Monaco or a Dortmund?
I shudder to think of the price tag they'd slap on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.