Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Am I the only one who thinks he's been a bit crap since the restart?

Obviously he's had an amazing first season in the first team but yeah underwhelmed by his performances over the last few games

Dante

Average bang
Annoyingly selfish, but I like him.
It's only really selfishness if he refuses to give the ball to a player who has a better chance of scoring than him.

Given that nobody in the team is a superior finisher than Greenwood, it's usually going to be the right decision for him to shoot when he has a decent sight of goal. All the great goalscorers in history have been selfish.

Dante

Average bang

Obviously he's had an amazing first season in the first team but yeah underwhelmed by his performances over the last few games
165 minutes, 8 shots, 2 on target, 2 key passes, 69 passes attempted at 93% (!) accuracy.

He's not pulled up any trees, but those are solid numbers. With a bit of luck he could have easily got a couple of goals. In 165 minutes of football, that wouldn't represent a bad return. There's still time left in the season to shift the average back the other way.

Looking at his ridiculous passing accuracy for an inside forward, I'm going to guess that his coaches are telling him to keep possession whenever he can and only shoot when space in the box opens up. I think the priority is not to take too many risks that won't result in his team earning a corner or the opposition being forced into a block. Some of his touches and dribbles have been incredible in their own right, too.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Don't think he's been much different to this in other games? Just that he's taken his chances and that makes a huge difference in perception.

Spurs game though, he made a massive difference when he came on. He was aggressive.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

I feel the opposite, he hasn't scored as many goals but he looks sharper than I've ever seen him. Looks visibly stronger and faster which I think will make him more impactful on games overall.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
No they wouldn't. He has 5 goals in the premier league and no one is spending 100m on a forward with 5 league goals in any country.
Rodrygo and Vinicius both has scored 14 goals between them this season, same amount as Greenwood. However on Transfermarkt their value is similar to that of Martial and Bruno Fernandes. I'm just assuming if they had scored 14-20 goals each then their value would be adjusted accordingly in relation to whats already their perceived market value. 100m might seem crazy but it's not inconceivable nowadays is it. Or maybe it's just how transfermarkt works and we can expect a drop in value on them boys soon if they don't live up to the fee Real paid? In any case, Greenwood's value will keep rising if he continue like this. I don't think anyone could buy Greenwood from us right now even if they wanted, even for 200m.

Dante

Average bang
His passing average pre-lockdown was 84%. Post-lockdown it's 93%.

That might just be because of the opposition. But it's a fantastic statistic even with that in mind. Better than any other United player since the break.

criticalanalysis

165 minutes, 8 shots, 2 on target, 2 key passes, 69 passes attempted at 93% (!) accuracy.

He's not pulled up any trees, but those are solid numbers. With a bit of luck he could have easily got a couple of goals. In 165 minutes of football, that wouldn't represent a bad return. There's still time left in the season to shift the average back the other way.

Looking at his ridiculous passing accuracy for an inside forward, I'm going to guess that his coaches are telling him to keep possession whenever he can and only shoot when space in the box opens up. I think the priority is not to take too many risks that won't result in his team earning a corner or the opposition being forced into a block. Some of his touches and dribbles have been incredible in their own right, too.
Yup agree. His maturity and game intelligence is what sets him apart from the likes of your Chongs/James.

Forget his youth games where he had pace, power and skill. He hasn't been able to showcase most of that because the men's pro game is a completely different level playing field.

As such, it's good to see that he isn't trying to take on players, or be (overly) greedy and is comfortable listening to instructions. It's wise because he would lose the ball more often than not and he wouldn't be effective.

Currently as it stands, his one elite attribute (in relation to the men's game) is his ability to find space in the penalty box and his shooting accuracy/technique. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have the chances (to be playing at 9), physique or is getting the focus of our playing style to get anywhere near there.

So in reality, he's a player on the pitch with a developing body with no discernible athletic advantage playing 20-50 yards away from goal.

I don't think our lack of attacking patterns helps him (or anyone in the squad to be fair) but he's doing as 'well' as you can hope for.

Handré1990

He hasn’t scored or assisted, but other than that he’s been close to perfect imo. He doesn’t lose possession, he doesn’t have bad touches when he controls a pass. I’ve been very impressed actually. He has been so close to scoring as well, and when he does more will follow in quick succession.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Someone's already uploaded his goal to youtube :wenger:

EC689908

Mason's most impressive performance to date. He is very quickly becoming a real player.

Baxter

Just a proper footballer. Play him anywhere across the front and he’s good enough to make an impact.

el3mel

Incredible kid. This goal is his trademark by now all oppositions will be frightened to have him in such place. He makes us dangerous from the right side. Some thing I don't remember the last time I have seen.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Destined for the top. He’s so unfazed on the pitch.

Genuinely feels like he’s going to score every single time he gets into those positions.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Arguably his best performance tonight. Looked like a proper inside forward, rather than a centre forward relegated to the wing, whose class finishing otherwise marks uninspiring performances.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Superb today, didn't put a foot wrong. Really nice showcase of his passing today, been waiting for him to showing that side of his game.

Master Yoda

One of the best performances Ive seen from Mason. Rated highly this game along with Bruno and Matic.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was so confident that he would pick out the right ball for that 3rd goal, and what a ball it was. Guy is quality. Such pure technique and very good decision making for one so young.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Special talent at 18.

The assist and the finish, such a mature player given his age in terms of decision making.

Not really fully sure how he is driving at players yet, but definitely a special talent.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He’s a great player, he keeps it relatively simple but is really effective, he rarely loses the ball, would be keen to see his passing stats.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What a goal. What an assist. What a talent. What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man

Red Stone

I've said it before, but his finishing is a super rare quality in a player. He just seems to have a sixth sense of when to shoot to catch the keeper off-guard. I didn't even register that he'd hit it today. It just ended up in the net. It's been a long time since I've seen a United player with his natural ability in front of goal, and the fact that he has two dominant feet makes him all the more terrifying. When he improves his allround game and starts toying with defenders regularly I think we'll see him rack up some ridiculous numbers.

Oh, and his assist for Bruno's second was an absolute gem too.

Status
Not open for further replies.