Contract until: Unknown
Date of last contract extension: Oct 2, 2018

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Is he part of the first team now?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's been training with the first team a bit, we're in the Europa league. I'm sure he'll get game time. I think it's a safe bet that he is. If not then I'm sure there will be posts in the reserves instead.
Fair enough. Cheers.

Swiss_Red89

I think he'll make the England Euro 20 Squad after a brilliant season. You heard it here first.

Last edited:

Allas8

Our best player against Cardiff, he will be starting against Chelsea, all he can do is lose his spot in the XI from now until then. RW.

haram

Our best player against Cardiff, he will be starting against Chelsea, all he can do is lose his spot in the XI from now until then. RW.
I think we should see how pre season goes before declaring things like this...

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I think he'll make the England Euro 20 Squad after a brilliant season. You heard it here first from a Swiss!
I'd like that to be true but I don't see it. I expect him to start no more than around 5 league games and when you consider the competition he has in the England side I don't think there's really a case for him to be ahead of them.

NWRed

I can't wait to see Greenwood get some game time next season. Missing out on Sancho may end up working in our favour.

He'll have poor games and shouldn't play every week while he's still growing but in a year or two he'll be a star.

AgentP

James and Greenwood should be our RWs if we don't sign anyone else for that position. Mata and Lingard should never play there. Either play them as a No.10 or in midfield. Or just keep them on the bench.

jesperjaap

Well as things stand with our squad, only adding James and highly possible Lukaku may be leaving he certainly should be involved in the first team squad. If not much changes I would actually say he will be pivotal to it and pressure for him to step up as does anybody have faith in Sanchez to finally produce or Lingard to be anything other than decent, same with Mata, Martial to be consistent, same with Rashford.
If we dont add anything up front its a huge mistake, but he is the one player may benefit from that

Seven Seas Sardines

I'd like that to be true but I don't see it. I expect him to start no more than around 5 league games and when you consider the competition he has in the England side I don't think there's really a case for him to be ahead of them.
I'm hopeful he'll displace Lintard this season both at United and England.

Njord

If we sell Lukaku, Greenwood will be our top scorer next season (as he will then get the necessary minutes).

Carl

Rashford Kane Sterling
Hudson-Odoi Greenwood Sancho​
He's not getting in as the central striker at United or England any time soon. He just isn't.

He has the talent to get their one day, of course. But it won't be this season and I'd argue probably not even the one after.

If he somehow does manage either of those it'll be a rise like we've never seen before.

Carl

If we sell Lukaku, Greenwood will be our top scorer next season (as he will then get the necessary minutes).
Crazy how much he seems to be getting over rated in here. I hope the same people making these kinds of posts don't kill him when he doesn't live up to your unrealistic expectations.

He'll play 20 games minimum next season imo.
That’s far more likely to be a maximum number.

Let’s calm down. The lad is only 17 with one start to his name.

He needs to be integrated into the team slowly over this season. Let’s not declare he’s the next Ronaldo when he scores, and lambast him as the next Francis Jeffers when he doesn’t score.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Crazy how much he seems to be getting over rated in here. I hope the same people making these kinds of posts don't kill him when he doesn't live up to your unrealistic expectations.
Just look at what they post about Rashford and it will be a good indicator of how they'll act.

Seven Seas Sardines

He's not getting in as the central striker at United or England any time soon. He just isn't.

He has the talent to get their one day, of course. But it won't be this season and I'd argue probably not even the one after.

If he somehow does manage either of those it'll be a rise like we've never seen before.
All I want is for him to replace JLingZ so we don't have to suffer watching that clown anymore. Contending with the other English youngsters is another matter.

Njord

It's not an expectation, it's s prediction. He's such a natural goal scorer that I predict he will score a lot of goals given he gets the chances. If anything, I'll be more lenient towards him when he performs badly, because of how highly I rate his potential.

Kag

So what exactly do you suggest he does for two years? Twiddle his thumbs in the 23s?

Your attitude to Greenwood in this case is actually endemic throughout English football. It’s why Jadon Sancho plays in Germany. It’s why Callum Hudson-Odoi has been in no rush to commit to Chelsea.

Take Sancho. He’s barely 19. When he was 18, he was playing regularly for Dortmund and getting capped by England. In October, Greenwood will be 18. He isn’t that young.

If he is the tits, and many people seem to think that he is, then he’s exactly at the right age to be making moves within the United first team squad. Your lot just expect young lads to mess about for a few years and act surprised when they’re 20 and haven’t really kicked on.

Games make footballers. Until people get that through their heads then ambitious young lads will be leaving in droves. They already know they’re good enough and they won’t hang around.

Gomes will already be fecked off. He was once rivalling Phil Foden for a spot in every England age group. One plays semi-regularly for the league champions and is on the cusp of an England cap. The other is still viewed as some sort of baby. Gomes needs games or he’s up shit creek.

Carl

So what exactly do you suggest he does for two years? Twiddle his thumbs in the 23s?

Your attitude to Greenwood in this case is actually endemic throughout English football. It’s why Jadon Sancho plays in Germany. It’s why Callum Hudson-Odoi has been in no rush to commit to Chelsea.

Take Sancho. He’s barely 19. When he was 18, he was playing regularly for Dortmund and getting capped by England. In October, Greenwood will be 18. He isn’t that young.

If he is the tits, and many people seem to think that he is, then he’s exactly at the right age to be making moves within the United first team squad. Your lot just expect young lads to mess about for a few years and act surprised when they’re 20 and haven’t really kicked on.

Games make footballers. Until people get that through their heads then ambitious young lads will be leaving in droves. They already know they’re good enough and they won’t hang around.

Gomes will already be fecked off. He was once rivalling Phil Foden for a spot in every England age group. One plays semi-regularly for the league champions and is on the cusp of an England cap. The other is still viewed as some sort of baby. Gomes needs games or he’s up shit creek.
Yeh because there's nothing in between being in the first 11 for United and "twiddling his thumbs in the 23s."

As already stated, I expect him to get games this season. I'm just also saying that those expecting him to be our "top scorer" and playing 20 games "minimum" have too high expectations. We do that a lot at this club with our youngsters.

Allas8

Yeh because there's nothing in between being in the first 11 for United and "twiddling his thumbs in the 23s."

As already stated, I expect him to get games this season. I'm just also saying that those expecting him to be our "top scorer" and playing 20 games "minimum" have too high expectations. We do that a lot at this club with our youngsters.
Maybe thats because the club has a history of producing youngsters, that seemingly stopped 6 years ago.

Seven Seas Sardines

Maybe thats because the club has a history of producing youngsters, that seemingly stopped 6 years ago.
This, coupled with Ole being our manager, the youngsters getting lower shirt numbers, and the fact that we won't make many signings. Surely it won't take Ole long to realise that Greenwood should be playing instead of Mata and Lingard?

SteveW

Starts or 10 minute cameos though? The latter are a bit irrelevant
Depends on form. He's good enough but needs to perform like anyone else. I expect him to do well and earn a place in the team pretty quickly.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Physically he's developed tremendously in the last year. He's naturally the best forward I've ever seen come from the academy and that includes Scholes.

It all depends on how he does in Pre-season. If he does well then expectations will be sky high. If Lukaku leaves and we don't sign anyone to replace him, then I back Mason to beat out Rashford for the central role. It might take about half a season to do, due to Ole loving 'Rashy' but Mason IMO is vastly more talented as a #9.

Bwuk

The fact he can play across the front 3 means he'll get plenty of game time this season.

UnitedChampionsAgain

A lot depends on Rashford who couldn't hit a barn door last season. We need to start scoring goals again and Greenwood could be the man.

Pierluigi Casiraghi

The most two footed player I have ever seen. Both in terms of dribbling and shooting, I have literally never seen any player, ever, who looks so natural with either side.

As unsettling as it is that it doesn't look like we're gonna buy a RW, if the plan is to play Greenwood there instead of Mata/Lingard then it might not actually be so bad.

SteveW

The most two footed player I have ever seen. Both in terms of dribbling and shooting, I have literally never seen any player, ever, who looks so natural with either side.

As unsettling as it is that it doesn't look like we're gonna buy a RW, if the plan is to play Greenwood there instead of Mata/Lingard then it might not actually be so bad.
I think right of a front 3 will be his position next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.